GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

4.5

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What an unexpected surprise!
The perfume opens with a harsh lavender blast. The vanilla starts to peek through after the herbal lavender dies down. White musk and lime are the undercurrents giving this gourmand a backbone. Try it! It's beautiful.

on 3/14/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This scent is by no means groundbreaking. It reminds me of other sweet perfumes like La Vie Est Belle, Flowerbomb, etc. It has the Guerlain touch though. The lavender note in this is beautiful and interesting. It is a sweet fragrance, but not sickeningly so. The jasmine is a nice touch too. It is a soft scent that will not offend.

on 9/30/2018 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Mon Guerlain, it is addictive..I love its aromatic vibe with a smooth lavender, it gives the scent a certain freshness throughout, with a sweeter smoother dry down...now, I bought my bottle in France, then I purchased one in Canada..I couldn't believe how different they smelled, i thought the one bought in Canada had turned bad...The version bought in North America is more smoky, more gourmand, when the one bought in France is fresher, and doesn't have that smoky vibe,anyhow, I spoke with an American importer of french perfumes, she comfirmed to me that perfumes going for export can be tweaked a bit, and end up smelling different...because the perfume Industry is self regulated, nobody is aware of those differences...it is fascinating to me !! I sent samples of both to a couple of friends with good noses, to check if they could notice a difference...sure enough, they could..so as much as possible, I buy my perfumes in France..anyhow, lovely feminine creation, distinctive, unique, not typical of Guerlain, just full of beauty from top notes to the base...I also think it wasn't treated fairly when it came out, like really, it isn't a vintage, it is modern, so it gets put down..so weird !!

on 8/27/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have just managed to acquire a 100ml bottle of this from a lady on eBay.
I have never had a perfume from the Guerlain house before, so certainly aren't going to be slating them for wandering off track to join the current trend of 'in the moment' scent tastes! I just take as I find. I had already sampled this perfume so knew i liked it, so it was not a blind buy.
Anyway, it's beautiful! Very feminine and yes it is a little sweet, but definitely not as sickly sweet as La Vie Est Belle which I also sampled and wore for a day. They do still remind me of each other slightly though, before the dry down at least.
LVEB made me feel a little nauseous, whereas Mon Guerlain does not. However, I will definitely admit that LVEB has far better longevity.
The bottle is simple and stunning and looks classy on your dressing table.
I am 43, but of all the samples I have had that my daughter (nearly 20) has also sniffed, this is the one that she also thinks is the nicest (along with LVEB) so I think it will appeal to anyone out their teens and upwards as it's just 'pretty' and feminine. It's not unique I guess, it's not quirky like Mugler scents (which don't do it for me anyway) but I can't see anyone really objecting to the way this smells.
Only downside like I say is the fact that it only lasts 3-4 hours tops on my skin.
Definitely recommend in terms of a lovely smell though!

on 4/26/2018 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just love this fragrance, just wish it wasn't so pricey. Its warm, vanilla, with a tad of floral...its just a delicious scent. The EDP lasts all day. 2 spritz and your good to go all day. The bottle is beautiful, so that helps me justify the price.

Got this as a sample from Sephora and I sprayed it on myself and was like WOW. My husband kept telling me how great I smelled. I am not a perfume expert at all but I love this and has to be to me the best fragrance for me. I get compliments wearing it, not too overpowering and it does stay. I wish it were less expensive but I have been buying the small bottles and samples on ebay to get me by until I can splurge on a big bottle.