GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

Filtered by age: 44-55
GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

on 9/30/2018 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Mon Guerlain, it is addictive..I love its aromatic vibe with a smooth lavender, it gives the scent a certain freshness throughout, with a sweeter smoother dry down...now, I bought my bottle in France, then I purchased one in Canada..I couldn't believe how different they smelled, i thought the one bought in Canada had turned bad...The version bought in North America is more smoky, more gourmand, when the one bought in France is fresher, and doesn't have that smoky vibe,anyhow, I spoke with an American importer of french perfumes, she comfirmed to me that perfumes going for export can be tweaked a bit, and end up smelling different...because the perfume Industry is self regulated, nobody is aware of those differences...it is fascinating to me !! I sent samples of both to a couple of friends with good noses, to check if they could notice a difference...sure enough, they could..so as much as possible, I buy my perfumes in France..anyhow, lovely feminine creation, distinctive, unique, not typical of Guerlain, just full of beauty from top notes to the base...I also think it wasn't treated fairly when it came out, like really, it isn't a vintage, it is modern, so it gets put down..so weird !!

on 7/20/2018 11:39:00 PM

I received a sample of this last November and tried it out for a while. I am super sensitive to perfumes (many cause migraines for me) so I have to tread lightly when trying new scents. Not only did this pass the migraine test, but I couldn’t stop thinking about it once the sample ran out. I treated myself to a bottle and it had become my favorite winter fragrance . Its warm vanilla scent feels like I’m wrapping myself in a cozy blanket. It’s comforting but not cloyingly sweet - it’s sophisticated yet can be worn every day. I love it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was a blind buy for me, as I purchased it online. I regretted it immediately. The opening notes are much too peppery, leathery and masculine for my taste. The dry down is a smoky vanilla that I like, but I just can't get past the opening, which lasts a good long while.
Think leather jacket + bitter florals + smoky, peppery vanilla. An oriental perfume for sure.

on 9/17/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, this is first and foremost a vanilla fragrance. I am in love with this. It has a delicious balsamic-smoky accord (probably coumarin + vanilla) in its base that I find mesmerizing. I usually don't care for lavender in my perfumes, but the lavender in this is amazing for the perfect powder touch. It is the exact perfect compliment to the vanilla-tobacco sweetness, and it adds a powdery ambiance without being musty. Some of the notes call to mind Spiritueuse Double Vanille, but Mon Guerlain is intensely feminine. Perhaps this is meant to echo other Guerlains...one special blend to celebrate the icons? In addition to SDV, Mon Guerlain can be considered Shalimar-like with its overtly sensual vanilla, the powdery accords can call to mind Apree l'Ondee, the lavender, of course Jicky, the sweetness to La Petite Robe Noire or French Kiss!...It's fun to just think about Guerlain perfumes! Mon Guerlain is extremely long-lasting compared to all my other fragrances (a boat load).The bottle is gorgeous, and, of course, I love having Guerlains on my perfume table.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It's a beautiful scent, although a little too sweet for my liking. It smells a lot like Flowerbomb, in my opinion. Since it's eau de parfum, it's a little more pricy than others, but that means you don't have to re-apply as often. If you're on a budget, Pink Sugar will give you a similar scent for less.