GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

4.7

on 9/30/2018 7:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Mon Guerlain is another perfume that makes me wonder why it’s not more popular. It is sweet like many other popular fragrances (La Vie Est Belle, Flowerbomb, Coco Mademoiselle, Armani Si), but it is very distinct because of two major differences: the exclusion of patchouli and the inclusion of lavender. Lavender isn’t used much in women’s fragrances, so it is a unique and welcomed change of pace in Mon Guerlain. It adds a balance to the vanilla and tones down the sweetness. Mon Guerlain is slightly powdery, which I enjoy but others might not. I also like the plain, classy bottle and the lavender pink juice.

One thing that really bugs me is some of the perfume snobbery I witnessed on the fragrance boards after Guerlain released this fragrance. People were upset about Guerlain “selling out” by giving into the current gourmand trend. Others were upset that Guerlain chose Angelina Jolie. I think if YSL or D&G or pretty much any other perfume house had released this same exact fragrance no one would have complained. In fact, these same perfume snobs would have LOVED it! They see Guerlain as some sacred pedigree that they must protect. But, Guerlain is just a company. Money is what they want. They still make Jicky and LHB and Shalimar and Samsara for all the purists… it really isn’t that serious.

If you are looking for a more unique gourmand, then test out Mon Guerlain. I’m running through my 1oz bottle and probably will buy the 3.3oz during Sephora’s November 20% off.

on 10/25/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a sample at Sephora with 100 points and I'm so glad I did! I've never tried a Guerlain perfume before so I can't compare (which is probably a good thing). I used to love Flowerbomb and La vie est belle however as I got older, those scents got too overpowering for me. This one has "similar" warm scent but much less complex and doesn't give me a headache. I would put Chanel Mademoiselle closer to the other two. I would not call this a dupe for either Flowerbomb or La vie est belle, I think it's a pretty unique scent. Perfect warm perfum for winter :)

I really like this perfume. It smells good. The lavender is in nice balance with the bergamot in the top note and also with the vanilla and sandalwood base notes. This is a nice perfume you can smell every note, on me at least. I love the middle notes about 7-20 minutes later you can really smell the Sanbac Jasmin and Iris... It's heavenly. My favorite part.
I found about after and 1 1/2- 2 hours later, all that you can really smell strongly is the bottom notes of vanilla, Australian sandalwood, and coumarin. You still can pick up the floral notes in it...but very faintly.
I don't think this is close to Flowerbomb (have it) or the La Vie est Bella. Those are way sweeter and while I like them...I think Mon is more sophisticated, subtle, and powdery. The lavender also sets the apart from others, it doesn't smell like "old lady" perfume and it is balanced perfectly to make this sweet perfume smell smell clean and fresh.
The silage is great! It literally will smell up an entire room for a couple hours when sprayed but dies down quickly to a couple of feet around you for 3 to 6 hours. After that I have to smell my wrist to even smell it. I give it a max of 8 hours on me, which is disappointing for a perfume by the house of Guerlain. They usually last forever and a day.
I gave four overall stars because I love Thierry's work and this is so simple and a beautiful smell and balanced composition, but it is so common these days, that's all they sell is gourmand-florals. So if your looking for a one of a kind scent than you probably won't like this, especially if your tired of FB and EVEB.... But if your like me and love sweet candy florals and love Guerlain, than this is a nice addition!
I gave three stars for price since I paid 130$ USD for the 3.3 oz.
I also gave packaging three stars because it leaks a tiny bit around the nozzle when I spray it, which never has happened before to me. So, I am scared to travel with it which pisses me off. I love carrying perfume in my bags. I paid over hundred dollars for a leaky bottle.... I'm glad I notice because if that got spilled on my LV bag I would of been really upset. BUT I love the bottle it's so pretty and I like that it just says Guerlain on the bottom, its like I have a custom perfume.
I don't think I will repurchase though maybe I will but its too soon to tell. I have to see how this smells throughout the year.