Guerlain Mon Guerlain

Guerlain Mon Guerlain

4.1

on 11/10/2017 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best parfum ever!!!So soft and gentle ,i’ve got a many compliments...

on 10/31/2017 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This fragrance, which is based on lavender and jasmine, is objectively lovely. It's just not for me. It has a powerful vanilla base that would appeal to so many, just not to me. (Sweet vanillas and I are no longer on speaking terms.) The result is powerfully sweet and strong. There is no animal, leather, green, or dry note to allay the sweetness. You would think the lavender would do this, but it barely makes a dent. If you love vanilla, dig right in. You will love this. It lasts a good while and has considerable sillage. For most, this would be an evening or special event fragrance. I would classify this as an oriental. This reminds me a bit of Narciso Rodriguez for Her.

on 9/21/2017 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This came across as a plain floral vanilla to me. Nothing original or special about it. It gave me a slight headache to be honest. Really disappointed because I love vanilla scents and wanted to love this one but it just didn't work for me. Would not repurchase.

on 9/17/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, this is first and foremost a vanilla fragrance. I am in love with this. It has a delicious balsamic-smoky accord (probably coumarin + vanilla) in its base that I find mesmerizing. I usually don't care for lavender in my perfumes, but the lavender in this is amazing for the perfect powder touch. It is the exact perfect compliment to the vanilla-tobacco sweetness, and it adds a powdery ambiance without being musty. Some of the notes call to mind Spiritueuse Double Vanille, but Mon Guerlain is intensely feminine. Perhaps this is meant to echo other Guerlain's...one special blend to celebrate the icons? In addition to SDV, Mon Guerlain can be considered Shalimar-like with its overtly sensual vanilla, the powdery accords can call to mind Apree l'Ondee, the lavender, of course Jicky, the sweetness to La Petite Robe Noire or French Kiss!...It's fun to just imagine Guerlain perfumes. Mon Guerlain is extremely long-lasting compared to all my other fragrances (a boat load).The bottle is gorgeous, and, of course, I love having a Guerlain on my perfume table. One sniff and I had to have it! Mon Guerlain is very "me", indeed.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was a blind buy for me, as I purchased it online. I regretted it immediately. The opening notes are much too peppery, leathery and masculine for my taste. The dry down is a smoky vanilla that I like, but I just can't get past the opening, which lasts a good long while.
Think leather jacket + bitter florals + smoky, peppery vanilla. An oriental perfume for sure.

on 10/25/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a sample at Sephora with 100 points and I'm so glad I did! I've never tried a Guerlain perfume before so I can't compare (which is probably a good thing). I used to love Flowerbomb and La vie est belle however as I got older, those scents got too overpowering for me. This one has "similar" warm scent but much less complex and doesn't give me a headache. I would put Chanel Mademoiselle closer to the other two. I would not call this a dupe for either Flowerbomb or La vie est belle, I think it's a pretty unique scent. Perfect warm perfum for winter :)

on 5/17/2017 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This perfume seems to get a ton of bad rap from the fragrance community and hardcore Guerlain devotees (though arguably, these two can actually just mean one and the same thing honestly, haha) and while I consider Guerlain to be among my favourite perfume houses, I actually love Mon Guerlain! Yes, it's sweet, not that unique, caters to modern tastes and maybe *is* a bit too easy to like, but no one else does sweet perfumes with a refined French elegance the way Guerlain does. Among the modern gourmand perfumes that are oh so ubiquitous these days, Mon Guerlain is undoubtedly one of the best iterations of that genre.

Mon Guerlain immediately opens with a sweet, herbal lavender with just enough bergamot to give the impression of fizziness and a bit of sparkle at the top. Then, a decadent gourmand iris makes it's entrance, luscious and buttery in nature; there is nothing vegetal or 'root-y' about the iris, as it is blushing in pastel pink and purple hues. The vanilla is very strong in this, but it's that signature Guerlain vanilla that is sensual, balmy and sumptuous all at once. It is addicting and instantly recognizable if you are familiar with it. The fragrance dries down to soft Guerlain vanilla with gourmand tonka beans that have a marzipan-like facet, all resting on a fuzzy bed of clean white musk. A shade of aromatic pale lavender persists in the drydown, giving the fragrance an air of girly romanticism.

Lasting power is good with at least 8 hours of weartime. Sillage is within an arms length until the 3 hour mark, in which it becomes a skin scent.The quality of the juice is nothing short of Guerlain quality, and I really commend Thierry Wasser for the painstaking time and love he puts into his fragrances and carefully done reformulations of classics. Well-done! :)

I really like this perfume. It smells good. The lavender is in nice balance with the bergamot in the top note and also with the vanilla and sandalwood base notes. This is a nice perfume you can smell every note, on me at least. I love the middle notes about 7-20 minutes later you can really smell the Sanbac Jasmin and Iris... It's heavenly. My favorite part.
I found about after and 1 1/2- 2 hours later, all that you can really smell strongly is the bottom notes of vanilla, Australian sandalwood, and coumarin. You still can pick up the floral notes in it...but very faintly.
I don't think this is close to Flowerbomb (have it) or the La Vie est Bella. Those are way sweeter and while I like them...I think Mon is more sophisticated, subtle, and powdery. The lavender also sets the apart from others, it doesn't smell like "old lady" perfume and it is balanced perfectly to make this sweet perfume smell smell clean and fresh.
The silage is great! It literally will smell up an entire room for a couple hours when sprayed but dies down quickly to a couple of feet around you for 3 to 6 hours. After that I have to smell my wrist to even smell it. I give it a max of 8 hours on me, which is disappointing for a perfume by the house of Guerlain. They usually last forever and a day.
I gave four overall stars because I love Thierry's work and this is so simple and a beautiful smell and balanced composition, but it is so common these days, that's all they sell is gourmand-florals. So if your looking for a one of a kind scent than you probably won't like this, especially if your tired of FB and EVEB.... But if your like me and love sweet candy florals and love Guerlain, than this is a nice addition!
I gave three stars for price since I paid 130$ USD for the 3.3 oz.
I also gave packaging three stars because it leaks a tiny bit around the nozzle when I spray it, which never has happened before to me. So, I am scared to travel with it which pisses me off. I love carrying perfume in my bags. I paid over hundred dollars for a leaky bottle.... I'm glad I notice because if that got spilled on my LV bag I would of been really upset. BUT I love the bottle it's so pretty and I like that it just says Guerlain on the bottom, its like I have a custom perfume.
I don't think I will repurchase though maybe I will but its too soon to tell. I have to see how this smells throughout the year.

This perfume has got a lot of negative reviews online. Just because it's a Guerlain does it mean it has to smell like the older Guerlains? There is a reason these type of perfumes are made these days and it's because there's a demand for them. I personally love it. I don't like the older style Shalimar or Samsara (my bad) so this one suits me down to the ground. I also love La vie est belle which Mon Guerlain has been compared to. They smell absolutely nothing alike at all. I bought a 50ml bottle but returned it to get the 100ml.

on 8/27/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have just managed to acquire a 100ml bottle of this from a lady on eBay.
I have never had a perfume from the Guerlain house before, so certainly aren't going to be slating them for wandering off track to join the current trend of 'in the moment' scent tastes! I just take as I find. I had already sampled this perfume so knew i liked it, so it was not a blind buy.
Anyway, it's beautiful! Very feminine and yes it is a little sweet, but definitely not as sickly sweet as La Vie Est Belle which I also sampled and wore for a day. They do still remind me of each other slightly though, before the dry down at least.
LVEB made me feel a little nauseous, whereas Mon Guerlain does not. However, I will definitely admit that LVEB has far better longevity.
The bottle is simple and stunning and looks classy on your dressing table.
I am 43, but of all the samples I have had that my daughter (nearly 20) has also sniffed, this is the one that she also thinks is the nicest (along with LVEB) so I think it will appeal to anyone out their teens and upwards as it's just 'pretty' and feminine. It's not unique I guess, it's not quirky like Mugler scents (which don't do it for me anyway) but I can't see anyone really objecting to the way this smells.
Only downside like I say is the fact that it only lasts 3-4 hours tops on my skin.
Definitely recommend in terms of a lovely smell though!

Popular Fragrances