e.l.f. Cosmetics Beautifully Bare Blush

3.5

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Update: I didn't like this much when applied with my fingers (it took a lot of work to get the color to show up) but it works better with a stipple brush. The color is a bit bright for me applied that way, though. With a Beauty blender it almost looks too subtle. I can't seem to find the comfortable place. I guess the best thing I can say about this blush is that it's a very pretty, natural color so you don't have to be as concerned (so long as you don't pop your stipple brush right into the product like i did.. Ha.)
-----
They seem to have renamed this "BEAUTIFULLY BARE CHEEKY GLOW". I got the color Soft Rose. It's very natural, pretty, "pinch your cheeks" sort of color on me, but I was looking for a dewy finish, and this does not give me that. (I have combo skin, and my cheeks are dry now that it's winter). This is more of a cream-to-powder product, and not really what I was looking for. I used my fingers to apply. It takes kind of a lot to see any product show up, and it seems to vanish easily, but on the plus side, it's hard to overdo it.

When I swatched this on my hand there was a slight sheen (either a slight pearlescent shimmer or oil, hard to tell). I usually wear spf (no foundation or primer) with a tiny bit of powder dusted on top. When I applied this to my (again, very winter-dry) skin, there was no detectable shiny finish at all.

I love cream blushes so I purchased the peach and rose versions. I wore the rose color today and I was shocked at how oily the blush felt in the container when I touched it. It was SLICK, like oil slick on my fingers. It spread evenly on my cheeks and dried down/rubbed in quickly. I set it with translucent powder and it’s lasted all day. I would be shocked if this dried out but I’ll watch for that since the first reviewer had issues. I’m rating this five stars because of color pay off, even spread, lasting power, container, and price.

This is a nice creamy blush in a lovely peach color, perfect for summer. I love the simplicity of it, how easy it is to blend with fingers. There is no fragrance or glitter, and the lasting power is all right, but it does need a touch up or two as the day wears on, but then I do have oily skin, so for someone with normal or dry skin, this might not be an issue. I was worried that it would dry out in the pan, as the previous reviewer experienced, but I think it depends on where you live. Japan is really humid, so I`ve never had a problem with make up drying up on me, even those Channel Illusion D`Ombre eyeshadows don`t dry up on me and I can use them all up. I like this and I would repurchase. My only disappointment is that they can`t be used on the lips because they`re too waxy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Interesting texture for a cream blush. It feels quite dry to the touch which is unusual as I'm used to a more balmy or creamy texture but it delivers a nice hue to the cheeks. I picked up the shade "Rose Royalty" and it looks almost coral but gives a very natural flush look to the skin when applied. I tried using a stipple brush but the formula is too dry and dense to get any coverage with the brush. It works best with fingers or a sponge for application and the color lasts all day on my cheeks. It's not the best cream blush I've used but it's a good find at only $4. I think it comes in just two shades, Rose Royalty and Peach Perfection. They could stand to offer a shade with a more plum tone to it, and maybe something in a softer pink. This would give options to all skin tones without having to buy the cheek palette, especially if you don't use 3 out of the 4 shades.

Update 3/24/2017 - Not even 2 weeks have passed since I first started using this and it has completely dried out! That dry to the touch feeling is now a dry and hard as cement feeling. Revised rating to a 1. Seriously, I know e.l.f. is a very affordable brand but this is ridiculous. Save your money and buy a latte instead of this blush.

Popular Blush Products