NARS Velvet Shadow Stick

No Image

on 3/10/2017 6:49:00 PM

I think I have finally found that one indispensable eyeshadow that you just never want to be without.
I have recently purchased the NARS Velvet Shadow Stick in the shade Oaxaca, which is a taupe-greyish-slightly silvery color, which is perfectly balanced between the three color nuances. I mostly use it as an all-over wash for that discrete put-together every day look that we all strive for. To that end I have tried tons of high-end and drugstore eyeshadows that many people have been raving about, including for example the famous Pale Barley and Almond from Burberry, Bedroom Eyes from NYX, and many many others, and have found them to be either too obvious and too warm on my skin (making me look sick) or, on the contrary, too undetectable on the lids.
This color (Oaxaca) is simply perfect for us gals with cooler undertones - both as a stand-alone shadow and as a base for heavier night-time looks.
The longevity of these shadow sticks is also amazing, especially considering my super wrinkly lids and how most eyeshadows crease on me like crazy even with a primer. Same goes for the blendability.
All in all a superb product that I will be repurchasing the first chance I get.

on 3/8/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have this in dark blue, and omg its amazing. Its unbelievably smooth,pigmented and blendable. After a bit it sets and stays put. When I first used it i couldn't believe products like this existed. The blendability is just... wow. For example the blue color I have is almost black and with just a couple of passes of my blending brush it blends in super easy into my lid and crease. It also works great as a base and as eyeliner. I want every color. Will defenetively purchase other colors.