Deciem The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil

No Image

3.8

I've tried this only a couple of times since buying it a few months ago, because it legit smells like a farm. Like the manure smell at a farm. Animal doo-doo. I can't comment on the benefits of this as a hair or skin treatment and I hate to leave a negative review of a product because of one single issue unrelated to its actual purpose, but if the smell is a big enough issue that I haven't been able to use it enough to assess it, then I think it's reasonable to write the review. I really like most of the other Deciem products I've tried and it's not their fault if this is the smell of proper argan oil (I don't know if it is or not), but seriously it's a problem. At least it's cheap so I don't feel salty about spending money on it.

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

I have thick messy curly/frizzy hair and need to blow dry after washing or the roots get greasy. I normally blow dry with a heat brush and straighten so it's a bit less messy, but I can never get it completely straight and non-bushy and all the heat causes split ends.

Rubbed some of this through my damp hair after washing, and it just magically wasn't frizzy when I blow dried it! It's mostly straight and nice and smooth. I wasn't expecting such a huge difference. Hair is still smooth a few days later and doesn't cause any issues with my dry shampoo.

You can smell the oil if you put the bottle to your nose since it's unrefined, but not once you've put the small amount in your hair.

Where has this been all of my frizzy-haired life?

on 4/18/2018 5:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a seriously good, no-nonsense packaged, vegan, cruelty-free Argan Oil.
I don't use it on my face but it works absolute magic on my very thick hair. It's so effective, I've stopped using all other hair serums, leave-ins and just use this when my hair is still damp and run it through the lenghths, then on dry hair i just use 2 drops on the ends. Truly fabulous! It does have an odd smell, but nothing that lingers, and for what my hair looks and feels like, it's totally worth it.

Smells like a pungent olive. Is that normal or does it mean mine is rancid?

Makes my hair so so soft! I love it on my face, too. At $6 CAD I recommend every grab one.

Packaging gets still going strong after a year or so. No stickyness, unlike my The Ordinary Rosehip Seed Oil. \

Pale yellow in color. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love this oil. Pure Argan without added silicones. Add few drops to your ends or dry sections. Voila shine without the grease!

on 12/19/2017 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love this oil , I do use it mostly on my hair and it does a great job keeping my hair soft and healthy , also I do alternate between this argan oil and rosehip oil to hydrate my skin , but I depend more on rosehip oil to be honest , but both are really good and very high quality oils at amazing price , will buy again as long as these oils perform the same way they do now.

I have sensitive combination skin, with some cystic acne every now and then. I used to rely on foaming cleansers, clay masks, AHA and BHAs treatments, retinols - all oil-free, staying away from any form of oil. But my skin would only get oilier - at some point I had this feeling that I had an ongoing battle with my skin: every day I would treat it more aggressively only to have it producing more oil.
1 year ago I switched back to a simpler routine, starting with a much gentler oil cleanser and using fewer active principles (still sticking to my prescription retinol). I noticed how comfortable my skin felt after oil cleansing, so I added an extra step before I go to bed: I spray with a very fine mineral-water mist and then spread 2-3 drops max of The Ordinary Argan Oil drops all over my face. My face loves it and overall has been much more balanced and calmer!
I have re-purchased and will continue to do so.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Useless oil .provide no hydration i have gone through a bottle and it did nothing.the ordinary i hate you.

on 10/1/2017 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is super hydrating if you have dry skin. It has a light but strange smell (you won't notice unless you sniff it from the bottle). Unfortunately my skin doesn't react well to oils and although this was much more minor than most I still broke out everywhere with little bumps. On the plus side my skin felt much more hydrated, less tight and more plump. I have dehydrated, dry, sensitive, acne prone skin which has been feeling irritable and the argan oil soothed it straight away. I reacted to this much less than I reacted to the squalane oil. I wouldn't purchase it again.

on 9/29/2017 7:44:00 PM

I love Deciem products and The Ordinary. I use their foundation and skin care range and so far have been impressed.

But when I opened this bottle of Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil, the smell was unbearably awful. It was almost as if the product had gone off. I've used Moroccan Argan Oil based products previously and this is the first time I've experienced something like this.

It was too rancid to attempt to use the product so I'm unable to comment whether or not it works. I really can't describe in words how awful the scent was! I know the price point for this is very reasonable but to be honest it's put me off buying anything from them in the future.