3.0

Reviews

3.0
Created with Sketch.

3 years ago

This texturizing paste is not as good as I hoped it would be. It's supposed to have medium hold but it's more like light hold. In fact, it doesn't do much at all. It does add extremely light texture so some people may really like it if you want less hold. But I live in Florida, where the humidity does ugly things to hair, so I need a full on strong hold product. Grip and Concrete are Alterna's two new texturizers and of the two, I much prefer Concrete, which is a clay, not a paste. As long as you warm it up in your palms and then scrunch it into the hair, it provides pretty strong hold that can definitely stand up to the high humidity. Grit just doesn't do that. I use Concrete after I curl my hair and I want a product that can hold the shape of the waves for several days and Concrete definitely does that. Grit just isn't enough for me. I do like the texture it adds but it certainly doesn't have medium hold. It's much lighter than that. But if you only want a little texture rather than that slept in lived in look that I happen to prefer, then Grit might just be the right product for you. I bought both hoping that one or the other would work and I have to say I'm pretty happy with Concrete. It only takes a tiny amount but it's essential that you warm it up in your palms before application. Once warm, it spreads evenly and all it takes is a few scrunches and your hair won't budge all day. It's also great for any length hair. Mine is below my shoulders and it works just as well for longer or shorter styles. Grit is lighter and may work if you just want a touch of texture.

About reviewer (316 reviews)

Age56 & Over