L'Oreal Paris L'OREAL PARIS SUBLIME SUN SILKY SHEER SPF 30 LOTION

L'Oreal Paris L'OREAL PARIS SUBLIME SUN SILKY SHEER SPF 30 LOTION

4.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

The good: really reliable sun protection--works better than a lot of other sunscreens that claim SPF values in the range of 30 to 50 (I'm sensitive to sunburn and a daily user of SPF, but I also love the sun and spend a fair amount of leisure time outdoors). The avobenzone in this formula should be stable and provide protection against UVA rays and not just UVB rays. I really like the texture and feel of this product--it's creamy when dispensed from the tube, but spreads wonderfully and feels nicely emollient without being thick or especially greasy. It leaves my skin smooth and slightly moist with a dewy finish (but I don't have any issues applying makeup over it), and there's no white cast. I do think this is probably best for those with normal to dry skin--if your skin is oily, then it might strike you as greasy and leave you too shiny.

The bad: contains fragrance (although it's not noticeable to me) and alcohol. This keeps me from seeking it out, but I would still repurchase if I came across it at a good price. I've been using it on my face and haven't experienced any problems (and I do have somewhat sensitive skin), but I probably *should* reserve it to use on my body given the alcohol and fragrance. It's a shame about these problematic ingredients, as the consistency is really quite elegant (especially for those of use with dry skin) and the protection is great.

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (5%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (7%), Oxybenzone (6%,) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Arachidyl Alcohol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Silica, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Isoeugenol, Fragrance, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, P-Anisic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Laureth 7, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide

This is an amazing sunblock. It is definitely sheer and it feels very lightweight on the skin.

I have been using this for a few weeks now under my makeup and it is holding up pretty amazing.

I will definitely repurchase :)