SinfulColors Kobalt

No Image

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Kobalt is a matte mid cornflower/denim blue with a silver shimmer. I agree with MalibuMands below. The formula is in the sweet spot, not too thick and not too thin. Its a one coater for me. Its a texture of course, but the matter shimmer is like a fine feeling sandpaper(180 grit?), much smoother, flatter and more elegant than the OPI Liquid Sand Formula (gloopy, slow drying, rough feeling, chunky finish like 50 grit sandpaper). Oh and the brush does apply better than a regular Sinful Colors one. A hidden gem!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Kobalt is a matte-drying cobalt blue texture polish, that is filled with silver shimmer. The polish comes from the 2016 Kylie Jenner Denim & Bling collection, and you may still find it in brick and mortar stores, but you are better off looking online - it's still very easy to find at low prices on many retail sites.

This polish has a winning formula; it's not too thick and gloopy, but is not thin and streaky either. It isn't far from being a one coater; there'll be one or two thin spots with just the one coat on me, so I do find that I need that second coat to level everything out, but someone who is better than me at painting their nails will probably only need the one. This polish is made to be worn without a topcoat for the gritty, matte finish, but as there are tons of shimmer particles in the polish it looks good with topcoat too - use of a topcoat doesn't affect the wear of this polish in any way, so it's simply down to wearer's choice of finish. I prefer the matte look of this polish, and as it has a textured finish touch ups are easy to do and are unidentifiable.

Also; I've not liked the brush on other Sinful Colors polishes I've tried, but this brush seems wider and fits my nail shape better.

Popular Polishes