Tarte Stunner Amazonian Clay 12-hour highlighter

No Image

3.5

I got a deluxe size sample of this and I’m glad I got to try this for free instead of paying for it. This is a cute light golden highlighter for sure, but there are so many better performing ones in the market. I didn’t even notice that the skin on my cheekbones is bumpy until I put this highlighter on. The formulation of this highlighter is also quite sparkly, in my opinion, and I’m not a fan of that. From far away the emphasis of skin texture and sparkle particles aren’t noticeable, but if I look at myself in the mirror about 20 cm away, I can see them. This lasts 7+ hours on my combination skin. I don’t know if it actually lasts for 12 hours like its name is claiming because I’ve never worn any highlighter for that long. The packaging is very minimalistic and slim, which I like. The soft vanilla scent of this highlighter is delightful, not overpowering at all. I love the smell so much I find myself sometimes opening the compact just to sniff it. Overall, this is a mediocre highlighter. I would not recommend this to anyone that has any texture or fine lines on their skin because all of that will get emphasized. I think I’m going to give the deluxe size sample away. I don’t find that it is worth keeping since I already have other highlighters that perform beautifully.

on 1/21/2018 7:57:00 PM

I loved this "opal" highlighter. It's a good dupe for Opal Becca. I used it every day till it died! Gorgeous highlighting glow with shimmer. For a powder it has staying power. Very pigmented so the product will last a long time. Lovely packaging and nice smell. Tarte has some lovely highlighters and blushes. I will definitely buy another one. Thanks for reading!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a very nice golden highlight but it does emphasize pores. If you apply a lot, pores become especially emphasized. I prefer to use a small stippling brush or my smallest tapered fluffy brush, finger application makes this harder to blend for me. I have other true golden highlights but on my fair skin, this is the closest to a wearable, natural looking gold. You can see shimmer but nothing huge, just finely dispersed. The yummy chocolate smell was actually a nice surprise! All in all this is very pretty and subtle for pale skin, which is a win for me.

I'll probably never run out of highlighter but if I ever do, this may be a rebuy contender. The price is a bit high but I do love the smell and the way it applies.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Pretty damn good golden highlighter. Gives a good golden highlighting glow with shimmer. It has fine sparkles so if that’s not your bag then turn away now but if your on the fence like me then be impressed. Its not as fine milled as my go-to Cargo Cosmetics creme stick in Champagne but that’s also a much higher price point (Australia). For a powder it has staying power. I have dry skin and it doesn’t settle into creases (any more than a normal powder). If you had extemely dry skin then any powder is going to be a challenge anyway and this would be no exception. Very pigmented so the product will last a long time. Lovely packaging and nice smell.

The color is pretty but this REALLY emphasized the fine lines at the corners of my eyes...I'm 33 and I only have a couple but damn this really made those bad boys pop out. I returned it to Sephora, there is a ton of highlighters out there so I'm sure there is a dupe for the color and I can't justify spending $29 on a product that emphasizes wrinkles.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This breaks my heart. I have been hunting for what is essentially a flesh toned highlighter, which on me reads a pinkish champagne. I was swatching every highlighter in Sephora and happened upon this one. The color was exactly what I was looking for. It was absolutely perfect. Temptalia's swatch looks just like it did for me. So without trying it on, I got it. First, on me it comes out quite gold on my cheeks even though it basically looks like my skin when swatched. You can put it on more subtly but the color wasn't what I was expecting. Also it seriously emphasizes pores. Second, it's quite stiff and develops hard pan super super fast, like the first use. You can't tell how much is on your brush and it's hard to tell how much you applying. There is no fallout though. Third, the pan rattles around so it's hard to use! When a product is stiff and you really need to dig in, the pan going in circles in the pot is really frustrating. I know it's magnetic so you can pop it out, which it cool, but the magnet is so weak that the pan is extremely loose. If find this a very annoying product to use and difficult to make look nice on my face. The color and formula felt so perfect when I swatched it so I am extremely disappointed.