L'Oreal L'Oreal Paris True Match Mineral Foundation

L'Oreal L'Oreal Paris True Match Mineral Foundation

3.0

10-2017: I'm not using Milani (like $8.00)....best foundation on earth. No coverage like it. not cakey and they updated their shades for pale gals! TRY IT

EDIT: 7-10-17...BISMUTH BROKE ME OUT SO BAD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT....Bismuth was like the last ingredient but after a few weeks of loving this, I broke out so bad on lower cheeks where I NEVER break out...I had like eight huge cystic pimples.. I should learn....can never wear anything with Bismuth....Lots of L'oreal's liquid foundations have it too....NEVER AGAIN>

This review is for the LOreal True Match Mineral foundation. There seems to be a few different names but the photo in this review is what I have. maybe they have changed things over time. I hadn't tried this before because of the bismuth and worried about breakups but its so far down the ingredient list it doesnt bother me. THIS IS THE BEST POWDER FOUNDATION OR FOUNDATION OUT THERE....PERIOD. I USE THIS OVER my Neutrogena Skin Enhancer for something for the power to grab a little. i have about NC 15 skin...maybe a tad darker and I use this in Light Ivory/W!-2. In the bottle, I wish it had more yellow looking at it, but once on, it matches perfectly! It doesnt cling to dry patches....doesnt glop up....and stays naturally matte most of the day. Very long wearing. Does a good job hiding pores . EVERY other powder foundation I have EVER tried, settles into my pores and looks horrible. This is the best for that. You can layer it on and never ever cakey....It's absolutely a shock how great this is! The dispenser isn't great...I just tap it upside down and apply with my brush. I have had compliments. I was using a liquid before this and it was "okay", but after using this, I think I have found my holy grail. I don't have to blot either!
It's fabulous. There are other reviews out there for other L'oreal powders but if you get this exact one...like the photo, this is the one I'm reviewing! It has super great pigment and covers like no other liquid or powder foundation i have ever used....and it looks so natural and doesnt feel heavy! i'm still in shock why i didnt try this long long ago. Please L'oreal....don't change this one!...You got it right! ANd it was like 12.00.....super great bargain. It will last a long time as the coverage is great and pigmented...and does NOT oxidize at all....another novel idea! Thank you Loreal...I hope you read these reviews! I would give it 10 lippies if I could!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like most women I have two seasons to my skin - Fall/Winter when it gets a little dry and Spring/Summer when it gets a little moisture and can get oily. For the drier times, I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation and for the times when I have more moisture to my skin, I use L'Oreal Paris True Match Mineral Foundation.

Cons
The packaging stinks, the little brush they give you stinks and it is messy if you use it as they tell you. Well, with what I said, why would you want to use it? Well, because it really covers well and lasts. With some small adjustments, it will work like charm and become your favorite too!

Pros
It has the things I want from my foundation:
1. It covers well and coverage is buildable;
2. It covers evenly;
3. The coverage lasts;
4. No annoying sparkly stuff; and
5. Doesn't settle into any fine lines.

Adjustments that make it work perfectly:
1. Buy an ELF Kabuki brush - they are cheap about $6 - That spreads it like a charm and so evenly;
2. Take a lid from a jar - like a mayo or peanut butter lid or even something like the plastic cup from a Delmonte Fruit Cocktail cup. Use that to sprinkle the foundation into. Go lightly with sprinkling, because a little foundation goes a long way.
3. Lightly dip your ELF Kabuki in the lid with some foundation and lightly tap the kabuki over the lid to release any extra foundation.
4. Spread and you will be amazed.
5. And there will be no messy mineral foundation all over the place.

Enjoy. I love it!