Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

3.7

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glucose, Maltose, Fructose, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Allantoin, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Triolein, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

This moisturizer is of a thicker consistency, so a little bit of product goes a long way. It smoothes the skin out but has more of a matte/drier finish, which is the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 --- but then again, that's a personal preference of mine.
I really like this brand for so smartly combining vital ingredients that we all really need - as they did with this product as well.
Experimenting more and more products of this brand, and absolutely falling in love with it! Super recommend it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THE (MISUNDERSTOOD) MVP

Briefly described as a ‘surface hydration formula’, I can understand the confusion when I read reviews online. While this product is moisturizing, it's not actually a moisturizer. Could it be? Sure. Does it have SPF? Of course not. Does it have the bells and whistles other products have? No, and it shouldn't. That's not what this product is for and critics that focus on these things are clearly missing the point.

NATURAL MOISTURIZING FACTORS + HA is a thicker tubed creme. You warm it in your hands and it applies evenly and easily. If there's a scent to this product, I don't notice it. It feels a thick going on but sinks into skin within minutes leaving a thin layer that dries to a more matte finish. Fine alone or under sun creme. Plays nicely with oils, serums, primer, BB and CC creams or foundations. So what, exactly, does this Misunderstood Tube of Special do?

Think about it: You cleanse your skin. You use treatments and serums. Hydrators to 'water' your skin and oils to moisturize it. So what do you do to lock it all in? That's exactly what this product is for, and now maybe critics get it. Because I get it. I know lots of you get it. Maybe other people can get it now, too. No, really, this is where you add this to your cart.

This is a simple product that does a serious job: keeping your skin (and the treatments you've used on it) protected. That little box your items come in that says Beauty Doesn't Rinse Off? It doesn't. It shouldn't. And this is the guardian that keeps all your diligent efforts in place. If you ask me, it's the under-rated, unsung hero in this skin care line.

DECIEM smartly keeps this simple product simple, allowing it to do the job it was designed to do - become a barrier between you (your skin and the treatments you've applied) and the world - and it can be used after or blended with any treatment I'm using. Flexible, you can mix it with oils and hydrators, as well as treatments such as Matrixyl, and it performs beautifully. A little bit of product goes a long way, so you won't be in constant re-order mode. And can we talk about price point? You cannot beat that price. I’d dare you to try but there’s just no point.

It doesn't burn or sting. It's not uncomfortable. This from me, blessed with hypersensitive skin that reddens, itches and burns if you look at it sideways. This one may not be the sexy rock star of the DECIEM world but it’s the bodyguard no one’s gonna cross. It protects your skin and all the work you put into it, and I'm going to give it the love it clearly deserves.

Thank you, NATURAL MOISTURIZING FACTORS + HA (you hard-working, good-looking, flexible, plays-well-with-others, adaptable, dependable, not-so-little tube of super-affordable practicality) you're the MVP of THE ORDINARY line.

Did you pop it in your cart yet, DECIEM fans? Of course you did. Because smart is beautiful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Above is is my review for NATURAL MOISTURIZING FACTORS + HA (by EL on 12 June 2018) from The Ordinary website. I order all my DECIEM products directly from their site, so I've posted my reviews of their products there. My reviews are listed under EL (although I am not the only EL listed there) but all my reviews follow this format and style, so I'm not hard to find there. As I was not a member of Makeup Alley until today, I'll repost the review here. It's worth noting that, months later, I am still using this product, have re-ordered more, and 100% agree with everything I've written in this review.

on 9/25/2018 8:28:00 PM

I had high hopes for this but I should have read reviews. I imagined it'd be a light gel as most HA formulas I've tried in the past have been, particularly as it said oil free. What I got was a heavy thick immobile paste that felt icky and caused clogged pores. I was reticent about ordering anything by The ordinary as I assumed it'd be overhyped. And it's been a horrible introduction. Yes it's cheap but I wish I could get my £7 back as I can never use this cream. Maybe as a foot cream but I don't think I'll even like it for that. It feels horrible and chalky with a weird film left behind. I won't be going back to the ordinary again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I really tried to make this work, I really did. When you first apply it on your face it doesn't feel like much, HOWEVER it works like magic and somehow keeps the face moisturized throughout the entire day, making it look plump and glowy (but not too greasy) and hydrated. So that aspect of it is GREAT.

However, for some reason it triggers milia (tiny bumps) to appear all over my face. I don't understand why since it doesn't feel like a heavy moisturizer and I tried using it lightly but every single time I would come back to it, it would do the same. While it keeps my face looking very plump and hydrated, it makes my skin texture terrible. It might be some kind of ingredient that my skin just doesn't get along with, I also tried the Ordinary HA serum and the same thing happened. I'm really disappointed this didn't work out because like I said the hydrating aspects of it are great, but unfortunately I will have to give up on this product.

That being said, I still recommend you give it a try, I think it's something that works for all skin types and maybe your skin won't react badly and if it does, the ordinary has a great returns policy ;)

on 9/24/2018 2:09:00 AM

Bought this to try since I wanted to try The Ordinary serums and needed a basic no-frills moisturiser over it.

This one has the same consistency as Cetaphil. It comes out of the tube thick and holds its shape.
After spreading it on the face, it takes some time to absorb. But once it absorbs, the skin feels great.
No tacky feeling, no oily feeling. No white cast. A neutral smell too.

The level of moisture is fine for me. It is just right. On days where I want something richer (when I'm using this moisturiser alone), I'll layer an oil over it. I don't have the face oils from The Ordinary, so I use either Manuka Doctor's brightening face oil, or Boots Botanics organic face oil. So far it works well. Maybe because this moisturiser is so basic that it pairs up fine with everything so far for me.

This is a very basic moisturiser and great for layering over other serums, without causing any/much contradictions (I think).
I like the idea that it is so basic such that it could be easily used over other serums that I want to try from both this brand and others. Very versatile.

I like it so much that I've ordered a backup :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

A good basic moisturizer for comkination skin. I find it not too greasy. An the price is decent too.

on 9/13/2018 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My skin: combo/dehydrated and acne-prone with quite a bit of texture (large pores, dryness and flakiness, hormonal acne that is currently under control).

I like this. It's a very simple, no-fuss moisturizer, basically, that provides quite a bit of hydration with minimal ingredients and irritants, at a great price point. I use this in combination with a number of other products, and I don't think this will hold up as my main moisturizer once I get dry winter skin, it's quite light. But it will still help, under a barrier cream, and I do like this a lot.

I LOVE the fact that it's cheap, cheerful and comes in a larger tube as well. I go through a lot (a LOT) of moisturizer in the winter (I live in Stockholm, which has a cold and dry winter climate) and this is both very economical and makes me feel less stressed out about running out. So. Would I repurchase? Already have; tried out the small tube first, which is now finished. I'm on my first large tube.

on 9/5/2018 5:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

My skintype... Combo - Pores Around T-Zone

Price: Amazing. The Ordinary products are ridiculously affordable while delivering promising results. So impressive.

Scent: No noticable/ strong scent. Its quite neutral.

Texture: When you dispense it at first, it seems thick, but dooon't be fooled. As you warm it in your hands for a second, it becomes more silky, and applies to the skin really well.

Packaging: SQUEEZY TUUUUBE. Yay. So easy to use and can cut open at the end to get eeeevery last bit out of it.

........Other Comments: It ABSORBS very well. A small amount goes such a long way. The amount I use for my whole face is essentially a PEA SIZED amount. It leaves no greasy/ oily residue. It feels like it effectively locks in all other products underneath. It also provides a good BASE for which to apply my primer onto, for the days I'm wearing makeup (( I have honestly noticed a BIG difference since I started using this regarding how much my foundation sinks into my pores. And...it...just...doesn't...happen...anymore ))

NOTE: Have applied it onto my mother's mature skin, prior to doing her makeup & she was really impressed with it also.

ALSO: It may not be an absolute game changer with no patented ingredients, but its essentially, excellent for the price. It does the job.

How I apply it: Following application of my serum (e.g. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair).

Hope this helps.

on 8/23/2018 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have acne-prone, sensitive, dehydrated skin.
My sensitive skin didn't really react to this product, I've used two (small) tubs, but if you have very dehydrated skin like me I wouldn't recommend it, or maybe I would use this along with another moisturizer. It's a very simple moisturizer so maybe you could use it while you're using dehydrating products or when you need a bit of moisture throughout the day, but not as a single moisturizer if you have very dehydrated skin like me.

on 8/14/2018 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

It's kinda hard to use this as a face moisturizer as it's a bit thick and oddly hard to blend into the skin. My face looks WHITE if I don't rub it all the way in. It moisturizes fine but nothing great despite it's great ingredients. My skintype is oily and therefore I didn't like the way it left my skin feeling too greasy, but even my sister that has dry skin didn't like how it felt. I think I would have liked it way more if not for the texture and feel on the skin. At least it is cruelty free and vegan.