Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

3.7

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glucose, Maltose, Fructose, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Allantoin, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Triolein, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was so skeptical before buying this product. Indeed, the price was too low, even if the formulation and all the ingredients were really good. Finally, after several weeks of usage, I can say: I am really satisfied by this product.
That's a truly excellent moisturizer for sensitive skin, I would recommend it for normal to dry or just combination skin. Indeed, a really oily skin or dry skin maybe would not get on well with that (even if you can try it).
It spreads as butter, but it soaks into the skin immediately. The feeling on the skin is not oily, neither tacky.
It lacks in antioxidants, but it is packed full with so many excellent cell communicating ingredients and emollient factors, so gives to the skin all that it needs.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the few Ordinary products I have tried and I am really liking it. Alone it's not a powerhouse for me but in combination with my serums at night, I love it. It seals in my vitamin C and retinol serums and has a smooth feel, not sticky at all, as a top layer. I don't use in the morning as I feel it would be too thick under sunscreen and makeup since my face is generally oily to begin with. Good product that compliments others from this brand. I like being able to customize my skin care and this is a final step that I trust to moisturize my skin and counteract any drying effects of other products I use

on 8/4/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is my HG workhorse moisturizer. It plays well with serums, and is kind to my sensitive skin. (Lifelong KP, hyperpigmentation, cystic/hormonal acne postpartum, the list goes on...) I'm 38. Right now I don't have many lines or wrinkles, and I'd love to enter that phase as gracefully as possible.

This is my final layer in the evenings, after cleansing and applying serums. I do allow 10-20 minutes for serums to absorb between layers, as a rule. In the winter I'll use this in the am from time to time. Under makeup I generally prefer The Ordinary Squalene because it's lighter.

I don't write many reviews, but this entire line has really changed my skin care regimen from top to bottom. I believe in what the company is doing. Another reviewer summed it up very well, and I'd like to echo the sentiment: People are sick of being taken advantage of. Price points have spiraled completely out of control, and it has to stop somewhere. The Ordinary is changing the game with sound science, simplicity, efficacy, and ethical practices. Will update if anything changes, but right now I am nothing short of thrilled to have found this line.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin type: sensitive, dehydrated, acne-prone, clog-prone

Hmm this was a very meh product for me. I feel like a regular moisturizer would work similarly, and I suspect it has been slightly clogging my pores. I generally like most of the products from The Ordinary (mmmm niacinamide...) but I'd give this one a pass.

on 8/27/2017 6:27:00 PM

Bit of background: 35, normal to dry-ish skin, never reacted to any creams.

I wanted to love this. I love a lot of Deciem's other products (the retinoid serum is amazing!) but this was a dud for me. When I first put it on, I liked how my skin felt. With primer, makeup glided on my skin. However, I soon noticed red bumps (not pimples - these were clear bumps) appearing on my forehead and around my nose. I've never had issues in those areas before so I thought maybe my skin was just having an off day and avoided any products for a while until they cleared up. Nope, the moisturiser was causing them. It left uneven texture under my eyes and across my cheeks. My pores looked like they could have swallowed the planet whole.

The moisturiser also left a white cast on my face and I'm pretty pale!

The moisturiser is worth a try as I've seen quite a few people love it but it didn't work for my normal skin. I won't buy it again.

I have mature skin at age 42 with little wrinkles but suffer from combination, rosacea, skin that has been severely dry on my jaw line and neck since having a tumor removed early this year. I have struggled to find a moisturizer that wouldn't leave my t-zone greasy while hydrating my jaw line and neck. Although this moisturizer comes in a small bottle compared to others, the price is fair and a little goes a long way. I use it twice daily, morning and night after serums & have had great hydration. No more dead, flaky skin unless I'm using a acid that does so. I'll definitely keep this moisturizer handy as I've tried many products high to low end that don't work nearly as well.

on 7/31/2017 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm in the MEH category with this lotion.

I own the Ordinary High Adherence silicone Primer - and this is identical in look, smell and feel on my skin. This one absorbs vs. the primer sorta stays on your skin, but it's the thicker consistency that is the same. For a lotion, I like something that is more fluid (have been using Olay sensitive for years) and I noticed that this stuff takes some rubbing on the skin to actually start to "melt" into the skin like a lotion should. The primer is the same way - it's like the formula needs to "warm up" on your skin.

I didn't have any pilling issues, but I put this on over my BP gel once it dried, and noticed that because of it's thicker spreadibility - it almost felt like it was going to start making my dried BP rub off. That's a first for me.

Because of this, I'm hesitant to repurchase - and I also wanted to see if it would keep me more matte vs. my regular facial moisturizer? Nope. It's just the same and I have to blot throughout the day. However, wearing this under my makeup during the day, ive noticed this stuff does leave my face softer once I remove my makeup at night vs my regular moisturizer.

on 7/26/2017 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I want to start by saying I have never ever broken out from a product in my life. I can slather Mineral-Oil rich Nivea Cream, pure coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil, you name it - and I won't break out and I don't consider myself "sensitive". However, something about this product gave my skin BUMPS, not acne, but red bumps - a thousand minuscule ones that weren't itchy, just bright red, and it made my pores look enormous. I definitely had some sort of reaction, but this has never happened to me so I have no clue what ingredient in this product would trigger it. I wanted so badly for this to work, the price is amazing, the packaging is great, and the brand's philosophy is what will keep me trying more of their products. But please, if you have sensitive skin, steer clear! I saw one other reviewer say the same, so please be warned. I know I shouldnt give this a poor review because of MY reaction, but since I am not the only one, I want others to see this before buying. So sad.

on 7/26/2017 1:04:00 AM

This moisturizer does it all. I have sensitive combination skin and I used to use only La Roche Posay Toleriane moisturizer. This works amazing for me as a day time moisturizer and layers really well with other products. At night I use it too, I just ad 2 drops of a face oil. It doesn't make my sensitive skin react, doesn't break me out, keeps my skin hydrated, moisturized and balanced. Amazing, practical packaging and great price point.

on 7/23/2017 12:51:00 AM

How strange is it that TO products are so well liked by buyers but it seem to not work for me. This is really just a basic moisturizer that is ideal to be used in the daytime, and definitely too light for night time hydration. I love that it absorbs quick to my skin, but really, its just meh. It did nothing to my skin.