Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

3.7

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glucose, Maltose, Fructose, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Allantoin, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Triolein, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I am tentatively excited about this product, tentative because I've only used it for a week so far. My skin is sensitive to a lot of things, including dimethicone. Dimethicone works fine for most people which is why a large number of moisturisers have it. For me though, it causes small breakouts, and that makes finding the right moisturiser VERY hard. Most moisturisers without this ingredient tend to be far above what I'm willing to spend. Then there's this one! It doesn't irritate my skin and is unbelievably cheap. Most Myers in Sydney stock them, so I don't have to worry about ordering online, too.

Only downside is that it's not as moisturising as I'd like it to be, so I'm currently on the look out for a moisturising toner (that also doesn't break me out).

This is one of the best moisturizers I've used, ever. I have combination skin and find it moisturizes effectively without ever breaking me out. It's unscented and not irritating. The ingredients seem legit. It's also non-greasy and doesn't leave you with oily, shiny skin, so it's great if you're about to apply makeup. Best of all, it's incredibly inexpensive, less expensive even than the moisturizers I used to buy at the drugstore, which is crazy. This stuff is legit bargain bin cheap. I honestly don't have a con for this one except that I have to order it online.

on 4/2/2018 8:34:00 AM

This moisturiser is thick in texture, but not in feel. I used it for a couple of weeks, it has not irritated my sometimes sensitive skin or caused any breakouts. However, it just isn't that moisturising. My skin suffers from surface dryness if I don't hydrate very well, and this product is not enough. I'll use up the (huge) tube but will need to supplement with something else. Won't repurchase. If you don't need lots of hydration you might like this, and it's a good price.

I've struggled to find a good moisturizer that doesn't break me out: they're either too heavy and greasy or the more lightweight ones are loaded with silicones and/or alcohol. I'd been using Paula's Choice Resist Barrier Repair moisturizer for a long time but switched to this about a month ago and I'm so glad I did.

It's very thick (more like a stiff paste than a soft cream) when squeezed out of the tube. To lighten it up for my combo/oily skin and make application smoother without any tugging, I mix this with a few drops of hydrating toner or serum until it loosens to a thinner, more lotion-like consistency, then gently pat it on. There will be some white streaking initially, but as it comes in contact with your skin it should eventually melt right on.

I've tried a LOT of different moisturizers over the years (everything from low to high end) and have rarely purchased the same product twice due to my finicky skin but have finally found something I can stick with! My skin is so much smoother and calmer now.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have stopped using silicone on my face. For the record, that is not easy. Almost every drugstore and top shelf moisturizer has dimethicone / VP/VA crosspolymor, polybutene, cyclopentasiloxane, etc
But my dermatologist, who was recommending Fraxel last year, just told me I didn't need Fraxel, my skin looks great.

And more importantly, the endless T zone that I kept powdering and putting primer on? Not a problem. I find I don't have to do much of anything to my face anymore, and I am a Woman of a Certain Age.

Which brings me to this moisturizer - it does not have silicone in it, but it does the job, never irritates, soothes and hydrates and unlike a lot of the silicone free moisturizers out there, it does not have a bunch of essential oils or fragrance. And it is nice and cheap.

I do not want to run out of this, so I am about to buy another tube.

on 3/24/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Just love the ordinary!!

on 3/19/2018 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This moisturizer intrigued me. Many moisturizers (especially at this price point) are just emollient, humectants, or mask like ingredients to prevent water from escaping and create a superficial soft surface on the skin. That's why you should use a serum, but I want moisturizer to actually make my skin healthier instead of just making it stay hydrated. This is the one of the main reasons why Cerave is so popular too - it isn't some basic ass moisturizer, it contains more. I've never been a huge fan of Cerave though... Enter this one. This moisturizer contains a lot of skin-identical ingredients, ingredients that are naturally present in healthy skin. Their statement really says it all: "This formula offers non-greasy hydration that acts as a direct topical supplement of impaired NMF components. It contains 11 amino acids, phospholipids, alpha/beta/gamma fatty acids, triglycerides, sterols and sterol esters, glycerin, ceramide precursors, urea, saccharides, sodium PCA and hyaluronic acid. It offers immediate hydration and lasting results with continued use." I thought this would be good to use in the presence of a lot of hydroxyl acids as well.

PROS: It's cheap and I feel my skin has been responding well to it. There's not much scent and it's not a heavy layer I need to fuss with, I want my skincare routine to be quick, even with layers in it. It really is non-greasy like they say too, so it plays well with foundation.

CONS: First of all, good luck trying to buy it in the 3.4oz size. It's always sold out, takes weeks to be restocked, and sells out in less than 24 hours each time. And since it is cheap, you will pay S&H unless you like other Deciem products. And this is really not moisturizing. If you have dry skin, this will definitely not be enough. You will need to mix it with something like a plant oil or squalane, or use something else hydrating underneath it. This moisturizer has a somewhat smooth or "dry" finish too, even though it doesn't contain silicones. I actually like that quality, though it still leaves me with dry patches where I shave which are in the realm of "yes, I need more moisture". On my good skin is doable. This also has a somewhat matte like quality on the skin - even though it's moisturizer, it's not a wet feeling or looking product, and even stranger, it has a tendency to do something akin to lather on the skin when first applied, like it can be white or streaky... it's strange.

OVERALL: You know, I'm actually a bit disappointed simply due to the fact that it's not hydrating enough. I like the ingredients and I do feel that my skin does well with it, it's just not hydrating enough. For now, I will mix it with an oil (hate oils by themselves) or use it with something hydrating underneath like the Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate or the Hylamide Hydra-Density Mist when I buy it.

on 3/4/2018 12:23:00 PM

I don’t feel like it does much for my skin. It isn’t that moisturizing and its comparable to any drugstore moisturizer. Probably won’t repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product killed my skin in one day! After reading reviews on the website and on here i thought what have I been missing - So naively I bought few of these moisturizers along the ordinary serums from online thinking it’s defenitely for me however when I applied I felt a burning sensation then immediately after a minute my skin flared up with little red blotchy rashes.. I kept it on thinking maybe it will go away by the evening, but it didnt. I washed it off!

Next day the rash was still there but I reapplied the moisterizer this time the rashes flared up even more with a great flaming sensation, it took over a week for my skin to be normal again; it left my skin blotchy, rashy, dry and patchy NEVER again. For me this product isn’t moisterizing and unbeneficial! Still in search for the perfect moisterizer!

on 2/27/2018 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

it is very thick consistency, but once it has contact with your skin, the product just melts. I saw that this moisturizer is the dupe for the Clinique DDMG. I think it's quite the same in the effect to the skin, doesn't do much. tbh it makes my oily even more oily than the DDMG, especially if you live in tropical country where it's always hot. it just melts your make up. the smell isn't as bad as people would say.