Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

3.7

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glucose, Maltose, Fructose, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Allantoin, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Triolein, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I wanted to try a few of their skincare products alongside The Ordinary Coverage Foundation. The fact that Ordinary's Natural Moisturizing Factors contains many beneficial ingredients looked intriguing! But tonight, I went through my nightly routine, and this fell short immediately -- I placed ONLY on the lower eye orbit bone area, and immediately, it burned! My guess is that the carbomer and urea (which are cheap ways to fix the pH of product) we are what made my skin angry.

STRIKE OUT! This is going to go back for a refund.

on 12/10/2018 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nice basic moisturizer for layering over serums, but it's just a simple cream nothing more. It does not irritate my dry eczema sensitive skin but it could be a little more moisturizing, like if they brought out a rich version of this it would be better for me, but that's personal. It's a good product considering the price just don't expect to much from it. Would recommend!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am 51 with modest wrinkles starting, horizontal wrinkles, vertical wrinkles due to sagging skin and lack of moisture wrinkles that I've always had. My regular skincare was Asian (actually Chinese, cheaper than Korean but same effects). I have used a combination of Ordinary products for over a month. It did absolutely nothing for me. If at all my skin looks worse because its not hydrated enough. Non of my wrinkles have improved not even the lack of moisture ones which usually improve with even the cheapest moisturizer. Back to my much beloved Asian skincare.

What I have used: Matrixyl 10%, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Natural Moisturizing factors + Ha. I have also used the Vitamin C Suspension 23% and the Caffeine eye treatment but I binned those right away because the Caffeine made my eyes look worse and the C suspension smells like plastic.

on 11/23/2018 11:55:00 PM

I happen to really like this moisturizer. It plays nice with my makeup and other serums. It’s light weight and doesn’t clog my pores and make me look greasy. It was also good for my friend with very sensitive skin.

on 11/20/2018 8:03:00 AM

This tube of goodness has been some sort of a miracle cream for me. I have combo skin, with some oiliness on my forehead, frequent hormonal breakouts, and dryness around my eyes and corners of my nose. When I first apply it, it doesn't feel like it's really all that moisturising but after letting it sink in and do its magic, my skin feels hydrated, balanced, and silky smooth. Little bumps on my forehead are reducing more and more each day, dry patches have improved and my skin feels sooooo soft in the morning when I apply this at night, as well as when I use this before make up. This didn't cause me to break out at all either. I'm trying to cut my spending on make up and skincare, so to find a product that balances my skin so well for such a low price is fantastic. I've already ordered a second bottle in the Black Friday sales along with some other The Ordinary products!

on 11/15/2018 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

MY ROSACEA: I'm 45 and have had rosacea for 25 years. It's been getting worse since I hit my 40s. On top of redness on my cheeks, nose and chin, I developed little bumps, pustules and almost every pore near my nose and chin were enlarged, angry and red. In the winter I get small dry red plaques on my cheeks. I don't flush unless I try new products, drink alcohol or go outside in strong winter winds.

It was getting more difficult to cover my rosacea with makeup as my oily T zone developed a top layer of rough broken skin that my foundation accentuated. Last month I bought a bunch of new things to try base on reviews here and on YouTube.

I never write reviews, because most products never help, at best they just didn't make things worse. I've seen such improvements in the last month I had to come here and share.

WHAT I TRIED SO FAR - PM routine:

Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid - 1 month
Ordinary Rosehip Oil - 1 month
Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA - 1 week
Ordinary Azelaic Acid - 1 week

RESULTS SO FAR:
I can't believe it, after 1 month the texture of my skin is the best since I was a teenager. It is smooth and hydrated and this is happening as the temperatures have dropped to winter levels!!! The bumps are reduced by 80%, my redness by at least 60% and my pores have shrunk and are no longer irritated. All of this for less than $30 CND. I noticed improvements as I introduced each new products, so it's not just one thing working, it seems to be the combo.

NATURAL MOISTURIZING FACTORS + HA:
I noticed improvements right away with this. Prior to this I was using Avene redness relief moisturizer because it was the only thing I tried over the years that didn't burn too much. This doesn't burn at all! It, like all of the other products, cools and calms my skin. I put some on my fingers, it's quite thick and waxy so I tap a tiny amount in each area and gently spread it out. I tap in tiny amounts because rubbing will cause the hyaluronic acid to pill.

I did try it in the AM under my foundation but it is too dry by itself and the makeup didn't look smooth. I'm going to experiment with oils and the Ordinary foundation to see if i can make it work.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product is fine but it is just not for me. I have dry skin and this is simply not hydrating enough. I feel that this would be a great moisturiser for normal skin. It is quite thick and creamy but spreads well and soaks in within a couple of minutes. I have been layering this with the buffet serum and a moisturising sunscreen under makeup and it works well in that combination. It is good value for money and I like the packaging - it is easy to control and dispense the right amount. It's very travel friendly. I just wish it was a bit more hydrating.

on 10/17/2018 1:05:00 PM

This is one of the very best moisturizers I've ever used - and trust me, I've tried more than a few! No fancy packaging, no perfume, no wild claims to turn back time - just a fantastic moisturiser - you don't need to use a lot so it lasts for ages - which isn't heavy or greasy, so an ideal base for make up, and it really does make your skin look amazing! I've been a total convert and it's now my go-to daily moisturiser. Buy it while you can!!!!

This moisturizer is of a thicker consistency, so a little bit of product goes a long way. It smoothes the skin out but has more of a matte/drier finish, which is the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 --- but then again, that's a personal preference of mine.
I really like this brand for so smartly combining vital ingredients that we all really need - as they did with this product as well.
Experimenting more and more products of this brand, and absolutely falling in love with it! Super recommend it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THE (MISUNDERSTOOD) MVP

Briefly described as a ‘surface hydration formula’, I can understand the confusion when I read reviews online. While this product is moisturizing, it's not actually a moisturizer. Could it be? Sure. Does it have SPF? Of course not. Does it have the bells and whistles other products have? No, and it shouldn't. That's not what this product is for and critics that focus on these things are clearly missing the point.

NATURAL MOISTURIZING FACTORS + HA is a thicker tubed creme. You warm it in your hands and it applies evenly and easily. If there's a scent to this product, I don't notice it. It feels a thick going on but sinks into skin within minutes leaving a thin layer that dries to a more matte finish. Fine alone or under sun creme. Plays nicely with oils, serums, primer, BB and CC creams or foundations. So what, exactly, does this Misunderstood Tube of Special do?

Think about it: You cleanse your skin. You use treatments and serums. Hydrators to 'water' your skin and oils to moisturize it. So what do you do to lock it all in? That's exactly what this product is for, and now maybe critics get it. Because I get it. I know lots of you get it. Maybe other people can get it now, too. No, really, this is where you add this to your cart.

This is a simple product that does a serious job: keeping your skin (and the treatments you've used on it) protected. That little box your items come in that says Beauty Doesn't Rinse Off? It doesn't. It shouldn't. And this is the guardian that keeps all your diligent efforts in place. If you ask me, it's the under-rated, unsung hero in this skin care line.

DECIEM smartly keeps this simple product simple, allowing it to do the job it was designed to do - become a barrier between you (your skin and the treatments you've applied) and the world - and it can be used after or blended with any treatment I'm using. Flexible, you can mix it with oils and hydrators, as well as treatments such as Matrixyl, and it performs beautifully. A little bit of product goes a long way, so you won't be in constant re-order mode. And can we talk about price point? You cannot beat that price. I’d dare you to try but there’s just no point.

It doesn't burn or sting. It's not uncomfortable. This from me, blessed with hypersensitive skin that reddens, itches and burns if you look at it sideways. This one may not be the sexy rock star of the DECIEM world but it’s the bodyguard no one’s gonna cross. It protects your skin and all the work you put into it, and I'm going to give it the love it clearly deserves.

Thank you, NATURAL MOISTURIZING FACTORS + HA (you hard-working, good-looking, flexible, plays-well-with-others, adaptable, dependable, not-so-little tube of super-affordable practicality) you're the MVP of THE ORDINARY line.

Did you pop it in your cart yet, DECIEM fans? Of course you did. Because smart is beautiful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Above is is my review for NATURAL MOISTURIZING FACTORS + HA (by EL on 12 June 2018) from The Ordinary website. I order all my DECIEM products directly from their site, so I've posted my reviews of their products there. My reviews are listed under EL (although I am not the only EL listed there) but all my reviews follow this format and style, so I'm not hard to find there. As I was not a member of Makeup Alley until today, I'll repost the review here. It's worth noting that, months later, I am still using this product, have re-ordered more, and 100% agree with everything I've written in this review.