Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

3.8

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glucose, Maltose, Fructose, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Allantoin, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Triolein, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 6/27/2017 7:05:00 AM

Had high hopes, but this left me with some blocked pores. Tried giving it a break and returning to it to be sure, and this seems to be the culprit. It's neither a pro nor a con for me that it's matte in finish, though that could be a pro if one is planning on putting makeup over it and expecting it to last a long while. I normally use either Cerave PM or La Roche Posay Toleriane Riche, and I have to say, I plan to go back to them. They are more moisturizing and do not cause breakouts for me (plus, with Cerave especially, I see benefits like even skin tone and such, but none with this). I'm alternating with this to use it up, but sadly it's just too clogging for my otherwise low maintenance skin. Bummer! Price is great, as is the packaging and concept.

on 6/26/2017 2:02:00 PM

I love this moisturizer. When my skin is feeling stressed I can count on NMF to bring it back into balance. I don't use it every day - only because I have a cupboard full of other products I need to use up (or throw away - & I hate such needless waste. Landfills are already overflowing without me adding to them!!).

This moisturizer is true to its word. Lots of skin-friendly ingredients that will help to restore your skin's barrier function and bring it back to normal.
It wears beautifully under makeup during the day and makes a great final layer at night.
The only thing I'd add to other reviews is to give it a good shake prior to each use. Sometimes it “settles” and without mixing can go on a bit waxy.

I really love this brand for its authenticity.
Women are sick of being ripped off. A recent search of a “high end” brand was offering a $185.00 serum that was effectively no more than sugar and water.
Let the the high-end rip-off merchants snipe all they like about companies like Deciem/The Ordinary. The reason this brand has gone through the roof is because women are sick of being held to ransom by the lure of the golden carrot (ie: the fountain of youth “restored”) and paying exorbitant prices because we fall for the slick advertising and outrageous promises that are never going to deliver.

I don't always agree with Paula's Choice/Beautypedia statements but one thing that resonated with me (....and it could be ANY high-end brand out there) was Clarins:
“...trust Clarins to find the most obscure botanical (plant, flower or seed) and build an ENTIRE skincare range around it, regardless of whether the science supports any efficacy, benefits or results”.

I have a cupboard full of Clarins products, which I paid top dollar for and which are no more effective than drugstore and supermarket brands like Olay (who are actually producing some VERY high quality skincare these days for a third of the price).

TAKE NOTE HIGH-END - your days are numbered. Either come to the party and bring your prices down or watch your sales being gouged by authentic brands like The Ordinary.

Sugar + Water does NOT = $185 bucks worth.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Yawn. Doesn't do anything cheaper moisturisers couldn't have achieved.

on 6/20/2017 8:22:00 PM

Not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. I also felt it left my face with a white cast on it. I will not buy this again

At first I loved this product as it is no silicone in the ingredients and it really sinkes into your skin and it leaves absolutely no oily feeling. GREAT! BUT it gives me bumps. Not pimples or anything like that, but bumps. Its like my skin has uneven skintexture after using this and my pores looks huge. I have been using this moisturizer now for about 3 days and my skin is not as even as it use to be and i feel like my skin is stressed, it doesnt look as fresh and glowy as it use to look. I will nog buy this again! I will give this to my fiance - maybe it fits him better!

on 6/16/2017 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is a nice basic moisturiser for the summer time. During the day I use it with a hydrating primer and it leaves my skin really soft and foundation sites well on top. At night I use it with a hydrating serum and add a few drops of rose hip oil - my skin loves it and feels so soft. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and I haven't broken out with it at all. The pakaging is basic but I quite like it as it is hygenic and looks smart. Great price point as well. My only issue is that it is very hard to get your hands as the ordinary's products are in high demand and I ahve to order on lone - I would love it if I could purchase in a shop.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It really really pills and you can't use this in conjuction with other products because you'll wipe everything off :( Major problem with the Ordinary!

on 6/5/2017 12:33:00 AM

I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. This is a light moisturizer that I layer on top of my serums. It is not sufficient to be used alone for dryer skin or in winter times. It originally goes on white but after 3 minutes it is absorbed and leaves a lovely natural skin finish (no greasiness or shine). It works well under my foundation (Revlon Colorstay).

A tube last me a month when used once daily so my only gripe is that it doesn't come in a larger quantity. I cut the tube when it can no longer be squeezed out to get the last bits. Overall it serves as an excellent light moisturizer.

on 5/25/2017 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If I were to rate this for my face alone, I'd rate it a 3. I wish it had worked, but caused some acne. I have reacted the same with other fatty alcohols in the past so I'm guessing those are my culprits with this. Otherwise the texture, moisturizing effect and everything else are amazing for the price.

The reason I'm rating this a 4 is because I really dig this as a light weight hand lotion. My hands get quite dry and I don't moisturize as often as I should because I hate greasy hands. This stuff is for the price, not awesome for my face, but still reasonable for a nice unscented, non greasy hand lotion.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fair warning- I don't like this as a regular nighttime moisturizer. It's just not enough for my dry skin. However, I LOVE it as a foundation mix in. Absolutely beautiful texture, lightweight, not greasy, still glows. I also find that if in the summer for whatever reason I don't want to use one of my heavier moisturizers I can mix this with a few drops of an oil and it plumps it right up to a nicely hydrating day time moisturizer. So I mean, no, not the night cream I was hoping for, but I will totally still buy this again. Might even buy two to pop one in my purse! A solid moisturizer like this can be useful in many ways! Loved it on my hands, too. Also though I would add that I am trying to mix this with the 23% Vitamin C right now to make it useable. One night in but we'll see how it goes!