Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

4.2

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glucose, Maltose, Fructose, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Allantoin, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Triolein, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fair warning- I don't like this as a regular nighttime moisturizer. It's just not enough for my dry skin. However, I LOVE it as a foundation mix in. Absolutely beautiful texture, lightweight, not greasy, still glows. I also find that if in the summer for whatever reason I don't want to use one of my heavier moisturizers I can mix this with a few drops of an oil and it plumps it right up to a nicely hydrating day time moisturizer. So I mean, no, not the night cream I was hoping for, but I will totally still buy this again. Might even buy two to pop one in my purse! A solid moisturizer like this can be useful in many ways! Loved it on my hands, too. Also though I would add that I am trying to mix this with the 23% Vitamin C right now to make it useable. One night in but we'll see how it goes!

This is a pretty decent moisturizer. I'm not sure if I'd repurchase because it doesn't contain sunscreen, but I use it as a travel night cream.

on 5/19/2017 6:12:00 PM

Although this is not moisturizing enough for me, it is still a nice product, and a good value.

Felt great going on, but I found my cheeks felts dry after a few hours.

However, I gave it to my husband, and it's working great post shave for him. His skin looks soothed, and he left led the texture.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have recently looked at my skincare routine now that it's coming into winter in Australia (I live in Melbourne and the climate is dry and very cold for the majority of winter). I wanted a new moisturiser for the morning that was thick but absorbed quickly. I found that in The Ordinary Moisturising Factors moisturiser.

This moisturiser hasn't really been called thick, and I think the main reason behind that is because in a consumers mind thick means hard to absorbed. However, I really do think this is a dense and thick moisturiser that packs a lot of hydration whilst also being super quick to absorb, making it perfect for the morning before makeup.

Now I don't find that it makes my makeup move or sit funny on my face. But that being said I only wear corrector and concealer under my eyes these days with a bit of Hourglass powder on top. So I'm not wearing foundation or heavy concealing, contouring and all those things. Basically just corrector, concealer, Benetint, brows and mascara. For this amount it doesn't do anything to the products it provides a nice hydrating base. But I'm not sure if it would disrupt makeup that's heavier. I don't however like this for at night as I think it's sits strangely over oils that I use (Sarah Chapman Overnight Facial which I'm going to review once I've used for a good amount of time). For me I like a cream for the night that is slow to absorb and super thick. Although this is thick it's not very thick and creamy.

The ordinary has based its line of of simple and effective ingredients. Something I love about this is that the thick formula doesn't contain Shea Butter, a common ingredient in dense moisturisers. I love that glycerin is high up on the ingredient list as I find this a very moisturising ingredient and one that I look for. The packaging is simple and looks more expensive than it actually is. This is a very very affordable product and one that is now available in Priceline in Australia! So easy to get ahold off.

All in all an amazing moisturiser

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Really good moisturizer with very good ingredients, It worked under my makeup , under my sunscreen in the morning, and over my serums before bed , it didn't cause any break outs , very affordable too , so what's not to love?!! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really want to like this and I've read so many positive reviews. I started to use this as I am preparing to my skin for spring/ summer. Anyhow, this is not hydrating enough for sensitive dehydrated acne prone skin in her late 20s.
My cheeks were dry and tight (like it's about to crack) after couple hours- this was the only new product I've use with my other usual skincare regimen. It took me 1 week (numerous of night mask, usual night cream and facial oil) to calm my skin back to normal.
Disclaimer: I've bought other the Ordinary products but I only introduce one new product to my usual skincare regimen every week to see the result.

on 5/3/2017 12:28:00 AM

This stuff is amazing!! My skin is mostly dry and never satisfied, until I found this. Makes my skin feel so plump and moist and alive! No more flakiness or tightness. And it's a fraction of the price of most creams. AND Deciem is a Canadian company!

on 5/2/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Does exactly what it claims to do. Bought it to use as a basic moisturizer on the nights that I use The Ordinary 2% Retinoid serum, as my other creams contain retinol. Its feels nice on the skin, very hydrating and not greasy at all. It absorbs quickly and work well with paired with my Beaute Pacifique Squalene serum. I have never tried it during the day, so don't know how well it plays with makeup.

I would not purchase this again, but it isn't because it's a bad product. I just like my La Roche Posay products better. I purchased a few items by The Ordinary because the price and the hype were just to good to ignore. I was using this product on the nights I used retinol, I would apply the retinol first and put this on over the top. It is a very creamy product, white in colour and feels really lovely on the skin. If I could compare it to anything I have used before it would be the Nivea cream in the blue tin/container. It has the same comfortable feel. This did not cause any irritation at all on my skin, but I didn't feel like it did much either. If you are looking for a decent moisturiser and you are on a tight budget, this is probably good value.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this a lot. It's not too moisturizing, but it does a good job. I have sensitive skin with an oily t-zone and tend to get dry patches very easily, and I feel like this moisturizer keeps everything in its place. I haven't had any skin issues since I started using it. I do wish they had a bigger –more eco-friendly– size, I don't think this is so cheap for the quantity, it's an okay price, but I'd rather pay more instead of wasting that many little containers.

Also, stay away from it if you have oily skin, because it does have Cetyl Alcohol and Stearyl Alcohol, which are fatty alcohols that are absolutely non-irritating for normal-to-dry skin types but won't do well for oily skin types.