Pretty Serious Cosmetics - Princess Plutonium

No Image

3.5

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Unfortunately I can't give 5 lippies like the reviewer below me can. The reason for my low rating is due to the fact this polish chips so easily.
My last polish lasted 4 days (a polish from Tonic brand) and all I had was minor tip wear, no chipping. My top coats and base coats are my tried and true and never let me down. So the only culprit is this polish.
Formula is easy to work with but in no way is it opaque in 1 coat like the reviewer below me states but I have heard that Pretty Serious is closing down due to formula issues and will be coming back at some point so perhaps I'm one of those customers who got a bad bottle of polish.
Also, the flakies in my bottle are not a deep dark purple at all. They're black. After reading gnippy's review below I took a cuticle stick and fished a giant flakie out with the cuticle stick and took it outside to look at it under the sun and the flakie is black. Even dh took a good hard look and said the flakes are black.
Formula is good and so very easy to work with and don't flood the nail bed and cuticle but with so many good, decent indies out there who make amazing formulas that don't chip easily, sorry Pretty Serious, you go into my purge box because life is too short to deal with polish that chips easy.
Props for having a slender brush for those of us with tiny nails.

on 2/28/2017 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This color of this polish makes me happy when I look at it and I love the narrative on the Pretty Serious website indicating that the deep purple flakies are the "ashes" of her enemies. Perfect as this polish is part of the Post Apocalyptic Princess Collection.

Princess Plutonium is a vivid, bright rose pink with deep purple flakies disbursed throughout. The formula is good. The consistency allows for a smooth application without flooding or pooling. It isn't too thick or too thin. The texture is also good despite the flakies.

With the 1st coat it was opaque but I added two as per my usual practice. As mentioned previously the flakies applied evenly across my nail bed with no effort on my part. With two coats there is just the right amount of flakies. IMO with just one coat there aren't quite enough to add that element of depth to the overall look.

It should also be noted that without a top coat this polish dries matte but one coat of top coat shines it up and leaves your nail beds smooth despite the flakies.

Pretty Serious polishes are Big 3 Free and Vegan and Cruelty free. It comes packaged in the standard nail polish bottle with the standard brush but as an additional bonus it comes in a cute purple box with the Pretty Serious logo. I love polishes that come packaged in boxes as I like to be able to store them in their boxes.

Pretty Serious is an Australian brand with a US shipper. You should be aware of the fact that these are 11 ml bottles so they are smaller than the average bottle of a US brand of polish.

In US dollars this polish was $8.41. A good price for an excellent & uniqe Indie polish. Because they have a US shipper, shipping prices are also very reasonable. I would definitely repurchase Princess Plutonium.

I will update in a few days on wear, removal and staining.

UPDATE: 03/04/2017 - I got good wear from this polish. No chips until today. Removal took a little extra effort due to the flakies. There was no staining despite the intense pink pigmentation.

Popular Polishes