Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hr with Comfort Serum

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hr with Comfort Serum

3.5

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUMDIOXIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TALC, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, SODIUM PCA, SILICASILYLATE, C12-15 ALKYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, MAGNESIUMSULFATE, ZINC STEARATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/C12-22 ALKYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, BISPEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, AMODIMETHICONE, LAURETH-7, LECITHIN, TRIBEHENIN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, XANTHANGUM, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, GLYCERIN, CITRIC ACID, FRUCTOSE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, UREA, LAURETH-4, HEXYLCINNAMAL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYLMETHYLPROPIONAL, ALLANTOIN, MALTOSE, SODIUMCHLORIDE, SODIUM LACTATE, SODIUM SULFATE, TREHALOSE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, GERANIOL, BHT, CITRONELLOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYLIONONE, GLUCOSE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYLHYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, [MAY CONTAIN/ PEUTCONTENIR/ /-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499)].

on 3/22/2018 5:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG how is it that I had not tried this foundation. It is amazing...comparable to ELDW but at a drugstore price. It has great coverage and a beautiful finish. My oils come through after 8 hours but it still looks good. I'm shook lol.

I swear I heard someone say it was being discontinued??? I've bought backups just in case.

on 1/24/2018 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

(main reviews for this product are here: https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=135449)

I'm rewriting my review for this because it's become my HG foundation. I've been using it daily since 9/18/2017. I've tried tons of middle end to drugstore foundations and this has been the best foundation for my skin. It melts into my skin and looks like skin, which I haven't seen a foundation do for me EVER. I've tried Maybelline's Fit me, Cover Girl's BB creams and foundations, Revlon's Colorstay (no matter how hard I washed, it wouldn't come off and I can't use cold creams - break me out). Tried Tarte TM and foundation, Wet n Wild (is my HG summer foundation) -- this stuff is TOP for me. It makes my skin poreless.

I mix this foundation with Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation (blue cap) because Match Perfection is a little more moisturizing (for winter) and it helps get me to the shade I need. I literally only use a couple of small dabs of each foundation on my face and blend them out with a damp sponge and it melts into my skin. I get a nice thin coverage (I don't use much) that brightens my complexion and doesn't get flaky etc.. This is a thick foundation, so I think it's awesome for a winter foundation. In the summer - I still use some of this, but instead of mixing with Match Perfection, I mix it with my HG summer foundation by WnW that is a drier formula for the humid summer months. Absolutely LOVE THIS stuff. I do have oily skin and get oily no matter WHAT foundation/primer I use, so I still blot twice during my work day, but nothing excessive. Works well with my under eye concealer (Maybelline Fit me) and I set it with any powder I have in my drawer with a powder poof, and then press the powder into my skin with my damp sponge. I get a poreless, flawless look.

Only negative - get a pump or a squeeze tube, guys. The glass bottle is a pain.

I have sensitive skin and no breakouts either! Other HUGE plus - washes off GREAT (unlike Colorstay)!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I bought this foundation as I have seen Lisa Eldridge using it in a few makeovers on her blog.
I generally buy and use high-end foundations, I am an exigent customer, have combo skin with a nasty t-zone, therefore I need a long lasting foundation.
I was a bit surprised to see it using by Lisa, but I said, if this is good enough for Lisa, it must be allright for me as well!
Well, Lisa was right: This is a very good long-lasting foundation, well not the 25 hours the claim, but it is allright for lasting the whole 12hrs when your're out all day. I bought shade 200 (i'm a NC 15-20 in winter) and it's OK, but not perfect ... the shade selection could be better (200 is a beige, neutral shade, I wish it was more yellowish!).
I like the coverage (=full) , and is it easy to apply and spread. The finish is not 100% matte - has a serum added therefore it is not superdrying, but believe me, it works.
What refrains me from giving a full 5 stars is the packaging. I find it quite ugly with that cheap plastic red cap and the glass bottle is not bathroom-friendly (i refer to the bathrooom tiled floor, and the high chances of smashing the glass bottle onto it...).
Other than that... well ....A great foundation at a bargain price !

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Rimmel has reformulated this foundation sooo many damn times. The original was glorious, whereas the 3 other reformulations destroyed it.

I am reviewing the newest formulation as of January 2018. It's in a silver capped bottle now and has a doe foot applicator.

Rimmel got the formula pretty similar to the original! But the newest launch is a bit more matte and the shade selection is a tiny bit better (albeit still limited).

Sheer to medium pigmentation/coverage.

Looks like actual skin.

Doesn't emphasize my texture issues.

I am SUPER oily so I still favor Rimmels Stay Matte Liquid Mousse. But this is a very nice foundation nonetheless. Rimmel was smart enough to put talc into the ingredient list so that *does* keep oil at bay nicely for the average customer. I could see all skin types using this.

Thanks Rimmel for finally getting the formulation right.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

One of my ride or dies. Lasts a full day without much oil coming through, stays matte and has great coverage. It does oxidize a bit, but other than that it's a great foundation for its price.

it was not long lasting but the trick to make it long lasting is to put on one layer...let it dry for a few minutes then put on another layer........It will transfer onto clothes and phones..........

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So i bought this product because it was on sale for $4 at a local drug store and i was totally out of makeup. To my surprise, the stuff actually isn't bad. The product is true to it's "lasting finish" name, but do be careful because once it's dry, its not going anywhere. It is definitley going to give you a more matte finish. I have found that the best way to apply this is with a damp makeup sponge, once section of your face at a time. I also use a moisurizing rose water spray after the foudation dries, because it looks almost TOO dry. I would NOT reccomend this product to any one with dry skin. My skin is oily and acne prone and has done pretty well with this foundation. Sometimes i use a translucent powder over it if I want to really look flawless, but since that foundation dries the way it does, powder tends to look bad on top of it (atleast from my experience.) One big plus to this foundation is that it actually smells pretty good, and i don't think I've ever said that about ANY kind of makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first i thought i really liked it, then as the day went on i quickly realized that i didn't. It does not sit well on the skin, at least in my experience and i found it to feel heavy and gross. It also looked very patchy and almost streaky as well as oxidized. Makeup did not sit well on top of the foundation either. I got mine on sale thank god, however despite its low price i really dont think that it's worth it.

on 5/5/2017 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The first time I wore this it looked AMAZING. I looked like a porcelain doll. High medium coverage. It held my blush and highlight really well. Lasted ages on my dry skin and did not cling to dry patches. Then things got ugly. It started to get worse the more I wore it. I noticed it oxidized like crazy. It wouldn't stay on my nose no matter how much I blended. It is really thick. I would not use a brush. I used a damp sponge. It was so thick, my sponge would just get loaded with product. It smells like old lady, but the scent doesn't last on the skin.

I noticed when I bought it the due date had expired. I didn't think much of it. I figured it has been in a closed bottle in a store. I wonder if that made it go odd after first use. For the price, I say it is worth the gamble if it is not expired!

on 4/18/2017 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have only tried once and so far I do not like it. I applied with damp sponge after priming with Rimmel fix and perfect primer. I may try one more time with one of my better primers but I doubt that is going to make a big difference.
First of all this foundation has a very heavy dry texture. There is nothing natural looking about it and yet it only provides light/medium coverage while it claims to be full coverage. Very difficult to blend, tended to be patchy. Color match was good at first but then turned somewhat orangy after 30 minutes. Did nothing to improve the texture or tone of my skin, left me looking dull and I ended up washing it off after about an hour because it was making me look so horrible. Only good think about this foundation is that it is inexpensive. I will not repurchase