Rimmel Last Finish 25 hr with Comfort Serum

No Image

3.0

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Rimmel has reformulated this foundation sooo many damn times. The original was glorious, whereas the 3 other reformulations destroyed it.

I am reviewing the newest formulation as of January 2018. It's in a silver capped bottle now and has a doe foot applicator.

Rimmel got the formula pretty similar to the original! But the newest launch is a bit more matte and the shade selection is a tiny bit better (albeit still limited).

Sheer to medium pigmentation/coverage.

Looks like actual skin.

Doesn't emphasize my texture issues.

I am SUPER oily so I still favor Rimmels Stay Matte Liquid Mousse. But this is a very nice foundation nonetheless. Rimmel was smart enough to put talc into the ingredient list so that *does* keep oil at bay nicely for the average customer. I could see all skin types using this.

Thanks Rimmel for finally getting the formulation right.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

One of my ride or dies. Lasts a full day without much oil coming through, stays matte and has great coverage. It does oxidize a bit, but other than that it's a great foundation for its price.

it was not long lasting but the trick to make it long lasting is to put on one layer...let it dry for a few minutes then put on another layer...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So i bought this product because it was on sale for $4 at a local drug store and i was totally out of makeup. To my surprise, the stuff actually isn't bad. The product is true to it's "lasting finish" name, but do be careful because once it's dry, its not going anywhere. It is definitley going to give you a more matte finish. I have found that the best way to apply this is with a damp makeup sponge, once section of your face at a time. I also use a moisurizing rose water spray after the foudation dries, because it looks almost TOO dry. I would NOT reccomend this product to any one with dry skin. My skin is oily and acne prone and has done pretty well with this foundation. Sometimes i use a translucent powder over it if I want to really look flawless, but since that foundation dries the way it does, powder tends to look bad on top of it (atleast from my experience.) One big plus to this foundation is that it actually smells pretty good, and i don't think I've ever said that about ANY kind of makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first i thought i really liked it, then as the day went on i quickly realized that i didn't. It does not sit well on the skin, at least in my experience and i found it to feel heavy and gross. It also looked very patchy and almost streaky as well as oxidized. Makeup did not sit well on top of the foundation either. I got mine on sale thank god, however despite its low price i really dont think that it's worth it.

on 5/5/2017 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The first time I wore this it looked AMAZING. I looked like a porcelain doll. High medium coverage. It held my blush and highlight really well. Lasted ages on my dry skin and did not cling to dry patches. Then things got ugly. It started to get worse the more I wore it. I noticed it oxidized like crazy. It wouldn't stay on my nose no matter how much I blended. It is really thick. I would not use a brush. I used a damp sponge. It was so thick, my sponge would just get loaded with product. It smells like old lady, but the scent doesn't last on the skin.

I noticed when I bought it the due date had expired. I didn't think much of it. I figured it has been in a closed bottle in a store. I wonder if that made it go odd after first use. For the price, I say it is worth the gamble if it is not expired!

on 4/18/2017 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have only tried once and so far I do not like it. I applied with damp sponge after priming with Rimmel fix and perfect primer. I may try one more time with one of my better primers but I doubt that is going to make a big difference.
First of all this foundation has a very heavy dry texture. There is nothing natural looking about it and yet it only provides light/medium coverage while it claims to be full coverage. Very difficult to blend, tended to be patchy. Color match was good at first but then turned somewhat orangy after 30 minutes. Did nothing to improve the texture or tone of my skin, left me looking dull and I ended up washing it off after about an hour because it was making me look so horrible. Only good think about this foundation is that it is inexpensive. I will not repurchase

on 2/27/2017 10:17:00 PM

I bought this in the shade 091 Light Ivory and it matches well. The bottle says it's full coverage. I find that it covers any redness and blurs my freckles so for me, I'd consider this full coverage. But other people may not depending on other foundations they are used to. It provides a natural finish - dewy if you don't set with powder.

I do find that this does last all day on me. However, the "comfort serum" provides a dewiness that I can very easily see causing problems for oily skin. My skin is dry and it can leave it feeling oily as the day goes on. I also feel like I have to set it with a powder. I haven't noticed this transferring but I always set it with a powder because it feels like it's going to slide around. So far I have just applied it with my fingers and I only ever do one layer. It applies smoothly and serum does make it not cakey. Although I can see this getting cakey or even transferring if you try to layer to build up coverage.

This retails at Walgreens for$7.99 and I got it on sale for around $5. I just bought this last week and have worn it for a few days so, as of right now, I don't have any negatives other than the weird comfort serum that makes this very dewy for a longwear foundation. Oh....this does NOT come in a pump bottle and it needs to. I hate trying to pour foundation out of bottles. I am unsure whether I will repurchase. My HG is Lancome Tiente Idole longwear but I'm trying really hard to wait on repurchasing because of the price so right now I am using this to tide me over. But if this continues to work me, I could see myself repurchasing to use an a "run errands" foundation - the kind you can slap on and go.

Prior to this I was using Colorstay and I much prefer this. Even on well moisturized skin and with a primer, the Colorstay could get cakey in areas as the day progressed (mainly my chin). I have not noticed this migrating or caking up throughout the day. Overall, I am finding this to be one of the better drugstore foundations I've tried so far.