Andalou Naturals Instant Luminous Turmeric & Gold Clay Face Mask

No Image

1.0

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I couldn't wait to try this mask but unfortunately, it stung so badly that I couldn't even leave it on for five minutes. I do have dry, sensitive skin but I haven't reacted like this in a long time. If you have sensitive skin and/or eczema, I would definitely stay away! Very disappointing.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Don't do it! I do not have sensitive skin or skin issues of any kind. I can happily go for peels and extractions with no irritation. I am not allergic to anything. This mask burned. My face has red, patchy, chemical looking burns on it and it's still tingling.

On first glance, it's a cute, travel friendly pod of creamy orange goo. When opened, the scent is lovely, herbal and innocuous. The ingredients list doesn't seem too out of whack. So I smeared it on my freshly washed face and waited ten minutes. It started to tingle quite a bit right off the bat, and after eight minutes, a cool, minty feeling had taken over. I washed it off gently with cool water and a soft cloth, only to find it had obliterated my beautiful face. I suppose it is technically more luminous, if you consider glowing red to be luminous.

I am currently soaking my face in aloe, jojoba and rose water. Hopefully it didn't do any lasting damage.

P.S. As of the end of this review, I am breaking out in pimples. Not cool.