E.L.F. Aqua Beauty Radiant Gel Lip Stain

E.L.F. Aqua Beauty Radiant Gel Lip Stain
Aqua Beauty Radiant Gel Lip Stain

4.1

on 12/12/2017 8:15:00 PM

I bought all 3 of these because I wasn't sure what would look good on me. I tried Red Orange Wash first, and did one layer on my lips and it was a sheer red orange flush that leaned more natural than bold. I put a second layer on and WOW, this transformed to a nice bold stain. This is watery and will need several minutes to dry while you let your lips rest and don't move them around much. I tried to talk on the phone while this was wet and I moved it around too much and had to take it off and start completely over. The second time, I waited for 5 minutes before I started doing stuff. I did a tissue test a little bit of color does come off on the tissue, but my lips don't look unevenly colored so I'm not bothered. I put chapstick on after it dried and the color hasn't budged much. I'll have to wear one of these to work and see how it lasts through the day. For right now, my first impression is that this product is a good buy. These were $4 at Target. I'd love it if they released more colors!

I've uploaded a picture of me wearing one coat of Dewy Berry. It looks like my lips are naturally a pretty pink! Love it.

on 11/14/2017 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got this for free, part of a gift with purchase off the E.L.F. website. I find this stuff to be very crappy, when it comes to how it goes on as well as it's staying power too. Plus, it smells sorta weird as well. This is good to give to a young pre-teen to wear, but as an adult, no way is this stuff worth purchasing at all. Definitely don't waste your money on this crap at all!

on 10/21/2017 10:15:00 PM

Love these for a natural, pretty look which lasts half the day and is easy to touchup. I have the red orange shade; love it and sometimes layer it over felt-tip lip marker stains (Kiko's are what I'm using now but many brands including e..f. make these) to slightly change or deepen the shade. I love a really natural look and this gives it! Neither hydrating nor drying. These last longer than almost any other lip product and wear off without leaving a ring or in flakes.

on 6/15/2017 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this in "Pink Splash," which looks scarily dark in the tube, but comes out as a beautiful summery reddish pink that can look warm or cool, depending on what you wear it with. I'm a lip stain aficionado; I like to use stains as a base for lipstick, to prolong the latter's wear. I've tried many many lip stains, pricey and otherwise, and this e.l.f. stain ranks right at the top in terms of quality. It applies easily and evenly, doesn't feel drying (it isn't moisturizing, either, but that's the nature of stains). It adds plenty of [sheer] color, but does not look lipstick-y, at ALL. It wears for hours, even with balm, gloss, or lipstick on top. I love using this as a base, to avoid that annoying "ring-around-the-mouth" effect that occurs when lipstick begins to wear off. This stain does eventually wear off, but only after hours of wear including eating and drinking, and even then it looks better than many long-wear lip products do. It lengthens the wear of lipstick worn on top of it significantly, and I really like it for that purpose. I also love that this stain is cruelty-free and inexpensive. I only wish it came in about 100 shades!

I purchased this in shade Dewy Berry. It is a pretty red with slight pink tones in it. It does take 3 coats to get a nice color , but if you like a more natural color , one coat is fine. It feels a little drying on my lips. It does come off somewhat easily but leaves a nice stain after. It is only $4 dollars, but the dry feeling is not pleasant.

on 4/8/2017 5:03:00 PM

I got this in Rouge Radiance, which is a Benetint-like rosy flush, and Red Orange Wash. Red Orange Wash is my favorite - a lovely peach, a super perk-up for my pale skin. I also use it on my cheeks, and the glossy gel formula makes it excellent for both. I'm planning to stock up in case they disappear! I'd imagine this would be a gorgeous color for redheads, too.

on 2/27/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

There are more colors online of this lip line, but in store I could only find the same three (Dewy Berry, Red Orange Wash, Rouge Radiance). I ended up grabbing Red Orange Wash - after looking at swatches online - most showed that it left an "orange" tint - which is what I really wanted and have been looking for. Other swatches said it leaned more red.

I took a gamble - I love it. If you apply one coat - it looks much more orange tinted - but if you put 2 layers on - it tends to lean more red. I found that once it dried, it stayed put for a little bit, but faded the more I licked my lips, but the color still hung around enough that it looked pretty. Would like to try some other colors, once more swatches come out.

Definitely something fun to put on if you want just a stain. Also got Dewy Nude - it's a mix between a brownish red, or tan, but once applied it looks like a brown red on my lips, but I love the gel-like consistency of these!

Popular Lips Products