NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

Taken from NYX Cosmetics Website: Water/Aqua/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Laureth-21, Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, C11-15 Pareth-7, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266).

on 8/24/2018 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this in brown yesterday, and I'll be going back to buy it in black too. This stuff works just as well as the KVD Tattoo Liner in my opinion, at less than half the price.

The brush tip is SUPER fine, which makes it very easy to get a thin line along my lashes, but it's flexible enough that if I want to do a thicker, winged line, it won't skip or drag. The product flows easily through the brush without dispensing too much.

Formula-wise, I love it. I have oily eyelids, so I always wear a primer, but my eyes also water mercilessly year-round, and so far, I've not had any issues with this running or fading.

I paid $9 at Ulta, which seems to be the going rate. For a liner that performs this well, I'd say that's a pretty good price!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This liner is everything I want it to be: super-matte, super-black, long-wearing, and so easy to apply. I've tried KVD and Physician's Formula, and Epic Ink is by far my favorite. The brush tip is flexible and the deposits the right amount of product. I have hooded eyes, so a lot of liners run on me, but this one barely even smudges after hours. Price-wise and performance-wise, this is a winner in my book.

on 6/22/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this liner. After hearing it was a dupe for KVD's tattoo liner, I had high hopes & picked it up at my local ULTA. Unfortunately, those hopes were dashed as soon as I tried it. While the brush tip applicator is nice, and the pigmentation is very, very black, the formula is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too runny. It smears EVERYWHERE. Even after wiping the brush off on a tissue to get rid of excess liner, it ran all over my eyelids. The only way I can use it is to create the 'wing' outline with one of my of my other liquid liners, and use the NYX to fill it in. Would not recommend purchasing.

Pros:
intense black pigmentation
brush tip applicator
relatively cheap

Cons:
runny formula
smears all over the place

on 6/22/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: NYX answered my prayers and made a brown version so I'm updating my review. The brown version could stand to be a smidge darker, and I don't like that the packaging is identical to the black version, but regardless -- it's definitely the best eyeliner I've ever tried. Stila and KVD are a distant second and third. It's so easy to apply, so natural looking, and it just doesn't budge! NYX really knocked it out of the park on this one. As long as they keep making this I'll be a customer for life.

Original review:

This was widely suggested as a dupe for KVD tattoo liner but honestly I think it's way better. It's incredibly black, applies really easily and precisely, and best of all it doesn't melt or flake at all in 100+ degree heat. That's basically a miracle where I live. I won't say it's my HG because super black liner is a little harsh on me and the brush tends to get caught in the lid and fray, which is annoying, but I do love this eyeliner and I wish with all my soul that NYX would make a brown-black version of it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This eyeliner was suggested to be as an acceptable dupe for Kat von D's Tattoo liner, and I believe it is. It's not as long lasting as Tattoo liner, but it has good pigment, is widely available, and only costs 1/3 of Kat von D's.

I still prefer the Tattoo liner , but I would repurchase the NYX version again if I run out (Kat von D is very hard to find where I live).

on 3/19/2018 10:29:00 AM

I love the Kat Von D eyeliner. I have been looking for a cost-effective dupe and have heard this would be the droid I was looking for. Unfortunately, it was not. The NYX Epic liner certainly is epic, an epic fail... I used the NYX Epic Ink Liner only once and will never use it again.

the GOOD: The brush tip applicator is very nice. I also noticed that the formulation, like others, have mentioned, did not irritate the eye. I have watery eyes that are easily irritated and this did not irritate them at all. Once dry, the eyeliner was pretty long wearing from what I could tell from a hand swatch.

the BAD/ the UGLY: The formula of the NYX Epic Ink Liner is VERY thin. Upon application, I immediately noticed that I was probably going to have to go back to the places where applied because it was not dark enough for my liking. While trying to decide whether this would still work, I noticed the eyeliner was starting to spread. To my horror, I found out that not only was the formulation thin but I had small barely visible cracked looking wrinkles in my eyelids. I have never seen an eyeliner do this before... I literally didn't even know these fine lines were there. Thanks eyeliner for being a waste of money and pointing out more reasons I should be insecure about my aging eyelids. If you're over 30, be afraid!

The bottom line, I will never purchase anything except the Kat Von D due to the mental trauma this has caused. LOL...cry.

on 2/16/2018 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to tell you that I am not a fan of liquid eyeliner. My drawing is terrible so I try a pencil first and then use this liner on top. This is highly recommended over Kat Von and L’Oreal. My left eye is super sensitive and 9 out of 10 eye makeup make it irritated. This product is super gentle and lasting. It is also very pigmented. I am very happy with this and will buy it again.