NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

3.7

Taken from NYX Cosmetics Website: Water/Aqua/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Laureth-21, Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, C11-15 Pareth-7, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266).

on 8/24/2018 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this in brown yesterday, and I'll be going back to buy it in black too. This stuff works just as well as the KVD Tattoo Liner in my opinion, at less than half the price.

The brush tip is SUPER fine, which makes it very easy to get a thin line along my lashes, but it's flexible enough that if I want to do a thicker, winged line, it won't skip or drag. The product flows easily through the brush without dispensing too much.

Formula-wise, I love it. I have oily eyelids, so I always wear a primer, but my eyes also water mercilessly year-round, and so far, I've not had any issues with this running or fading.

I paid $9 at Ulta, which seems to be the going rate. For a liner that performs this well, I'd say that's a pretty good price!

on 6/22/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: NYX answered my prayers and made a brown version so I'm updating my review. The brown version could stand to be a smidge darker, and I don't like that the packaging is identical to the black version, but regardless -- it's definitely the best eyeliner I've ever tried. Stila and KVD are a distant second and third. It's so easy to apply, so natural looking, and it just doesn't budge! NYX really knocked it out of the park on this one. As long as they keep making this I'll be a customer for life.

Original review:

This was widely suggested as a dupe for KVD tattoo liner but honestly I think it's way better. It's incredibly black, applies really easily and precisely, and best of all it doesn't melt or flake at all in 100+ degree heat. That's basically a miracle where I live. I won't say it's my HG because super black liner is a little harsh on me and the brush tends to get caught in the lid and fray, which is annoying, but I do love this eyeliner and I wish with all my soul that NYX would make a brown-black version of it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually use a pencil liner so this took some getting use to its very precise, you need a steady hand. I applied a little powder under it to keep it in place. You don't need to pull a little on the eye like I find myself doing with pencil liners so I like that, I would buy it again, I paid $6.50 for it.

on 5/29/2018 11:40:00 PM

My all-time favorite is Kat Von D's Ink liner, but the NYX Epic Ink Liner is an acceptable, more affordable option with a similar felt tip. It doesn't stay on my oily lids quite as much, so if I expect to have a long day I'll go for the Kat Von D. I've yet to find anything that comes close.

on 3/29/2018 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had high hopes for a dupe for Stila’s waterproof liquid liner. This isn’t it. The NYX formula is too watery and doesn’t last long. It also isn’t waterproof so I don’t know why they claim that it is. The good things are that the felt tip brush is very nice and makes it easy to get precise lines. Also it’s a beautiful inky black with lots of pigment. But what good is that kind of pigmentation if it doesn’t last?!

on 2/16/2018 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to tell you that I am not a fan of liquid eyeliner. My drawing is terrible so I try a pencil first and then use this liner on top. This is highly recommended over Kat Von and L’Oreal. My left eye is super sensitive and 9 out of 10 eye makeup make it irritated. This product is super gentle and lasting. It is also very pigmented. I am very happy with this and will buy it again.

This is a horrible product! It is sold as 'waterproof' but within hours this is smudged all over my lids. It is not very highly pigmented so you have to apply at least 3 times for a really black finish. Really dissapointed.