NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

3.5

Taken from NYX Cosmetics Website: Water/Aqua/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Laureth-21, Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, C11-15 Pareth-7, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266).

on 8/1/2018 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I tried straying away from my current eyeliner "favorite", L'Oreal Linear Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner... it does the job, but I'm still searching for an eyeliner pen.

And I'm pretty satisfied w/ this, but I DO NOT like how watery the formula is. When I apply it on the inner corners it seeps into tiny lines & causes this watercolor-like effect, so I have to wait for it to dry then go over it again in order to get the black that I want. But everywhere else it's a very nice, dark black. Definitely a stronger black than my L'oreal eyeliner.

I also really enjoy how smooth the pen tip applies.

Ugh, but this one acts like almost every other liner I've tried in that it slightly smears to the bottom of my eyes over the day... At least it's somewhat easy to wipe away. But NOTICE that it says it's waterproof, yet easily washes away w/ water!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This liner is everything I want it to be: super-matte, super-black, long-wearing, and so easy to apply. I've tried KVD and Physician's Formula, and Epic Ink is by far my favorite. The brush tip is flexible and the deposits the right amount of product. I have hooded eyes, so a lot of liners run on me, but this one barely even smudges after hours. Price-wise and performance-wise, this is a winner in my book.

I have been extremely impressed with this eyeliner!! It is pigmented, long lasting (I have watery eyes and oily lids), and the brush tip is fantastic. Absolutely will buy again. I wear a cat eye every day and this is my go to eyeliner now!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I had trouble finding the perfect liquid liner (I can't use the dip ones because I'm kinda clumsy). I was previously using the Essence Superfine Pen Liner but the ink ran out within a week and I kept having to repurchase them. D:
Then I found this liner at Target one day. I was skeptical but...as crazy as it sounds, the packaging and description drew me in.

The cons of this are compared to the liner I was buying before, this is kind of expensive and it does add up after a while. It also took me a while to get used to a brush tip; beforehand I was using felt-tip liners.

However, I love this product because the liner is SO pigmented and I can attest it is waterproof (I've cried in it, also worn it in the rain). It also doesn't bleed.
I do struggle with winged liner (been doing my liner like that for a little over a year) more often than not, but it is a pretty forgiving product and when my wings do come out just the way I want, I can thank this product. I also love the fact this lasts all day and the pen doesn't run out of product quickly.

I have a few backups of this in case it gets discontinued (I really hope it doesn't) and I would get this liner over & over. <3

This is a horrible product! It is sold as 'waterproof' but within hours this is smudged all over my lids. It is not very highly pigmented so you have to apply at least 3 times for a really black finish. Really dissapointed.

on 4/4/2017 1:56:00 AM

This liquid eyeliner comes with a brush tip that feels much softer than felt. It has good pigmentation and staying power but that's where the pros stop. This bleeds into the fine lines on eyelids and on the inner corner so you've gotta work quick or it'll take some serious rubbing to remove any mistakes. Also, it doesn't dry down to a matte finish.