NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

3.5

Taken from NYX Cosmetics Website: Water/Aqua/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Laureth-21, Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, C11-15 Pareth-7, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266).

I have it in black and in brown. The formula is quite runny especially in the black shade. It's very pigmented and doesn't smudge. I still prefer the KVD Tattoo eyeliner in terms of formula because it's easier to apply. I would recommend it especially to those who are fans of the swing eyeliner by the balm because it has a runny highly pigmented formula that sets matte but doesn't smudge like the Balm one.

on 11/20/2018 12:31:00 AM

After hearing this to be a dupe for the Kat Von D tattoo eyeliner , I purchased this.

Pros:
-intense black pigmentation
-brush tip applicator
-relatively cheap

Cons:
-runny formula, dispenses a lot of product
-smears all over the place
- It transfer and flake to my bottom eye making me have racoon eyes by end of the day (especially if you have oily eye lid).

I don’t think I will re purchase again because it transfer and flake to my bottom eye.

on 10/13/2018 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i typically use gel liners - specifically the elf pot eyeliner - and i feel like both this pen and that pot each have their pros and cons.

this one doesn't transfer to my upper eyelids, which is nice. but it's not oilproof by any means and often smudges on me throughout the day. the outer corners of my eyes can get kind of watery and i do more of a downward/puppy liner wing these days so that could have something to do with it.

i do really like the thinness of the tip - angled liner brushes can fray pretty quickly after a few washes if you don't carefully reshape the bristles and wash them very gently, so with gel liner i often would have to do much thicker lines. i can do more delicate + precise work with this pen for sure.

but i dont think i will repurchase. the fact that it smudges so severely + flakes off a bit throughout the day makes it a little high maintenance for me. i dont like the idea of pens in the first place because i like to buy products that last a long time and i feel like a pen's shelf life is more predetermined (and way shorter) than a gel pot's, but i wanted to try this to see if i'd been missing out since so many people seem to like it. i dont think this liner is the worst makeup product i've ever tried, i just dont think it suits my eye/skin type and makeup preferences.

on 7/25/2018 9:07:00 PM

Loved the liner when i first got it cuz it was so precise and easy to use, however it started leaking after two months! i can’t even use it anymore because there would always be a droplet on the brush so when i touch the tip to anything it just runs

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This liner is everything I want it to be: super-matte, super-black, long-wearing, and so easy to apply. I've tried KVD and Physician's Formula, and Epic Ink is by far my favorite. The brush tip is flexible and the deposits the right amount of product. I have hooded eyes, so a lot of liners run on me, but this one barely even smudges after hours. Price-wise and performance-wise, this is a winner in my book.

on 4/4/2018 4:26:00 PM

I loved this eyeliner for the first several uses - easy to use, dark pigmented color -- but then something happened where the formula turned to black water - it makes a huge mess of my lids - spreading and settling into fine lines and spidering out of control - the precision is great but I have no use for precision that doesn't STAY WHERE I PUT IT.

I don' knowt if I love it because the last liner I had was horrific but it does go on easily and is opaque on first stroke. It also lasts a solid 8 hours without touch ups and without it transferring, I was very pleased and would definitely purchase again or go higher end with NYX in liners. Worth at a good price.

on 3/19/2018 10:29:00 AM

I love the Kat Von D eyeliner. I have been looking for a cost-effective dupe and have heard this would be the droid I was looking for. Unfortunately, it was not. The NYX Epic liner certainly is epic, an epic fail... I used the NYX Epic Ink Liner only once and will never use it again.

the GOOD: The brush tip applicator is very nice. I also noticed that the formulation, like others, have mentioned, did not irritate the eye. I have watery eyes that are easily irritated and this did not irritate them at all. Once dry, the eyeliner was pretty long wearing from what I could tell from a hand swatch.

the BAD/ the UGLY: The formula of the NYX Epic Ink Liner is VERY thin. Upon application, I immediately noticed that I was probably going to have to go back to the places where applied because it was not dark enough for my liking. While trying to decide whether this would still work, I noticed the eyeliner was starting to spread. To my horror, I found out that not only was the formulation thin but I had small barely visible cracked looking wrinkles in my eyelids. I have never seen an eyeliner do this before... I literally didn't even know these fine lines were there. Thanks eyeliner for being a waste of money and pointing out more reasons I should be insecure about my aging eyelids. If you're over 30, be afraid!

The bottom line, I will never purchase anything except the Kat Von D due to the mental trauma this has caused. LOL...cry.

This is my favourite liner I’ve tried so far. Really black and pigmented, easy to make a thin line/flick with, and a handy brush tip applicator and it lasts ALL DAY. The only issue I have with it is that it’s kind of finicky. I don’t know if it’s because I’m storing it wrong but some days the ink comes out less pigmented, or bleeds whilst applying, or too much product comes out of the tip. On it’s good days, it’s honestly the most perfect liner ever. But I would suggest buying 2 of them at once if possible (maybe with a 2 for 1 sale or something) just in case one is acting up you still have a back up.

I have been extremely impressed with this eyeliner!! It is pigmented, long lasting (I have watery eyes and oily lids), and the brush tip is fantastic. Absolutely will buy again. I wear a cat eye every day and this is my go to eyeliner now!