NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

3.7

Taken from NYX Cosmetics Website: Water/Aqua/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Laureth-21, Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, C11-15 Pareth-7, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266).

on 8/24/2018 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this in brown yesterday, and I'll be going back to buy it in black too. This stuff works just as well as the KVD Tattoo Liner in my opinion, at less than half the price.

The brush tip is SUPER fine, which makes it very easy to get a thin line along my lashes, but it's flexible enough that if I want to do a thicker, winged line, it won't skip or drag. The product flows easily through the brush without dispensing too much.

Formula-wise, I love it. I have oily eyelids, so I always wear a primer, but my eyes also water mercilessly year-round, and so far, I've not had any issues with this running or fading.

I paid $9 at Ulta, which seems to be the going rate. For a liner that performs this well, I'd say that's a pretty good price!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This liner is everything I want it to be: super-matte, super-black, long-wearing, and so easy to apply. I've tried KVD and Physician's Formula, and Epic Ink is by far my favorite. The brush tip is flexible and the deposits the right amount of product. I have hooded eyes, so a lot of liners run on me, but this one barely even smudges after hours. Price-wise and performance-wise, this is a winner in my book.

on 6/22/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: NYX answered my prayers and made a brown version so I'm updating my review. The brown version could stand to be a smidge darker, and I don't like that the packaging is identical to the black version, but regardless -- it's definitely the best eyeliner I've ever tried. Stila and KVD are a distant second and third. It's so easy to apply, so natural looking, and it just doesn't budge! NYX really knocked it out of the park on this one. As long as they keep making this I'll be a customer for life.

Original review:

This was widely suggested as a dupe for KVD tattoo liner but honestly I think it's way better. It's incredibly black, applies really easily and precisely, and best of all it doesn't melt or flake at all in 100+ degree heat. That's basically a miracle where I live. I won't say it's my HG because super black liner is a little harsh on me and the brush tends to get caught in the lid and fray, which is annoying, but I do love this eyeliner and I wish with all my soul that NYX would make a brown-black version of it.

on 6/6/2018 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Solid eyeliner that is cheap, black as sin and precise. I got this at Target and have been wearing it all week. Very impressed with this so far, I do not need a liquid liner to be waterproof as I only use it on the top line. I will purchase this again and again.

on 2/16/2018 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to tell you that I am not a fan of liquid eyeliner. My drawing is terrible so I try a pencil first and then use this liner on top. This is highly recommended over Kat Von and L’Oreal. My left eye is super sensitive and 9 out of 10 eye makeup make it irritated. This product is super gentle and lasting. It is also very pigmented. I am very happy with this and will buy it again.

I have been extremely impressed with this eyeliner!! It is pigmented, long lasting (I have watery eyes and oily lids), and the brush tip is fantastic. Absolutely will buy again. I wear a cat eye every day and this is my go to eyeliner now!

on 12/10/2017 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The NYX Epic eyeliner is the best! It glides on easily, no smudges, has great color saturation, doesn't clump up, lasts all day. Best of all, it doesn't smudge! I have many allergies, my eyes water easily, but this liner stays put! At the end of the day it comes off easily with an eye makeup remover pad (Neutrogena). This is a dupe for Kat Von D and Mac. $7.99 is a remarkable price!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I had trouble finding the perfect liquid liner (I can't use the dip ones because I'm kinda clumsy). I was previously using the Essence Superfine Pen Liner but the ink ran out within a week and I kept having to repurchase them. D:
Then I found this liner at Target one day. I was skeptical but...as crazy as it sounds, the packaging and description drew me in.

The cons of this are compared to the liner I was buying before, this is kind of expensive and it does add up after a while. It also took me a while to get used to a brush tip; beforehand I was using felt-tip liners.

However, I love this product because the liner is SO pigmented and I can attest it is waterproof (I've cried in it, also worn it in the rain). It also doesn't bleed.
I do struggle with winged liner (been doing my liner like that for a little over a year) more often than not, but it is a pretty forgiving product and when my wings do come out just the way I want, I can thank this product. I also love the fact this lasts all day and the pen doesn't run out of product quickly.

I have a few backups of this in case it gets discontinued (I really hope it doesn't) and I would get this liner over & over. <3

on 9/5/2017 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

A couple years ago I brought a brush tip pen liner while on vacation in another country and I loved it because the application was awesome, and it lasted all day. I didn’t have a problem with it drying up from picking up any eyeshadow on my lids and it lasted me about a year.

I’m so glad that I found this liner, (thanks to youtube), because the only other brush tip pen I knew of was Kat Von D Tattoo Liner but I didn't want to pay $20. The NYX one is only $7.99. For me brush tips make it very easy to get a sharp wing and also get into the inner corner of my eye without smudging or getting on the lower part of my inner eye. It is very easy to create a very thin sharp line and a larger bold line. I have no problems with fading during the day. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have rebought this twice. I used to be a die hard, kat von d fan. This one is way more pigmented, long lasting, and super easy to control. It's waterproof (to an extent...it won't survive a dunk in the pool, but it survives Georgia humidity) The price is also a huge plus. It's better than the high end, but less than $10! It's also really good contact lens wearers, I've never had a problem once.