NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

3.7

Taken from NYX Cosmetics Website: Water/Aqua/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Laureth-21, Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, C11-15 Pareth-7, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266).

on 6/6/2018 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Solid eyeliner that is cheap, black as sin and precise. I got this at Target and have been wearing it all week. Very impressed with this so far, I do not need a liquid liner to be waterproof as I only use it on the top line. I will purchase this again and again.

on 3/19/2018 10:29:00 AM

I love the Kat Von D eyeliner. I have been looking for a cost-effective dupe and have heard this would be the droid I was looking for. Unfortunately, it was not. The NYX Epic liner certainly is epic, an epic fail... I used the NYX Epic Ink Liner only once and will never use it again.

the GOOD: The brush tip applicator is very nice. I also noticed that the formulation, like others, have mentioned, did not irritate the eye. I have watery eyes that are easily irritated and this did not irritate them at all. Once dry, the eyeliner was pretty long wearing from what I could tell from a hand swatch.

the BAD/ the UGLY: The formula of the NYX Epic Ink Liner is VERY thin. Upon application, I immediately noticed that I was probably going to have to go back to the places where applied because it was not dark enough for my liking. While trying to decide whether this would still work, I noticed the eyeliner was starting to spread. To my horror, I found out that not only was the formulation thin but I had small barely visible cracked looking wrinkles in my eyelids. I have never seen an eyeliner do this before... I literally didn't even know these fine lines were there. Thanks eyeliner for being a waste of money and pointing out more reasons I should be insecure about my aging eyelids. If you're over 30, be afraid!

The bottom line, I will never purchase anything except the Kat Von D due to the mental trauma this has caused. LOL...cry.

on 2/16/2018 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to tell you that I am not a fan of liquid eyeliner. My drawing is terrible so I try a pencil first and then use this liner on top. This is highly recommended over Kat Von and L’Oreal. My left eye is super sensitive and 9 out of 10 eye makeup make it irritated. This product is super gentle and lasting. It is also very pigmented. I am very happy with this and will buy it again.

on 12/10/2017 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The NYX Epic eyeliner is the best! It glides on easily, no smudges, has great color saturation, doesn't clump up, lasts all day. Best of all, it doesn't smudge! I have many allergies, my eyes water easily, but this liner stays put! At the end of the day it comes off easily with an eye makeup remover pad (Neutrogena). This is a dupe for Kat Von D and Mac. $7.99 is a remarkable price!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have rebought this twice. I used to be a die hard, kat von d fan. This one is way more pigmented, long lasting, and super easy to control. It's waterproof (to an extent...it won't survive a dunk in the pool, but it survives Georgia humidity) The price is also a huge plus. It's better than the high end, but less than $10! It's also really good contact lens wearers, I've never had a problem once.

on 6/22/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this liner. After hearing it was a dupe for KVD's tattoo liner, I had high hopes & picked it up at my local ULTA. Unfortunately, those hopes were dashed as soon as I tried it. While the brush tip applicator is nice, and the pigmentation is very, very black, the formula is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too runny. It smears EVERYWHERE. Even after wiping the brush off on a tissue to get rid of excess liner, it ran all over my eyelids. The only way I can use it is to create the 'wing' outline with one of my of my other liquid liners, and use the NYX to fill it in. Would not recommend purchasing.

Pros:
intense black pigmentation
brush tip applicator
relatively cheap

Cons:
runny formula
smears all over the place

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This eyeliner was suggested to be as an acceptable dupe for Kat von D's Tattoo liner, and I believe it is. It's not as long lasting as Tattoo liner, but it has good pigment, is widely available, and only costs 1/3 of Kat von D's.

I still prefer the Tattoo liner , but I would repurchase the NYX version again if I run out (Kat von D is very hard to find where I live).

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I had trouble finding the perfect liquid liner (I can't use the dip ones because I'm kinda clumsy). I was previously using the Essence Superfine Pen Liner but the ink ran out within a week and I kept having to repurchase them. D:
Then I found this liner at Target one day. I was skeptical but...as crazy as it sounds, the packaging and description drew me in.

The cons of this are compared to the liner I was buying before, this is kind of expensive and it does add up after a while. It also took me a while to get used to a brush tip; beforehand I was using felt-tip liners.

However, I love this product because the liner is SO pigmented and I can attest it is waterproof (I've cried in it, also worn it in the rain). It also doesn't bleed.
I do struggle with winged liner (been doing my liner like that for a little over a year) more often than not, but it is a pretty forgiving product and when my wings do come out just the way I want, I can thank this product. I also love the fact this lasts all day and the pen doesn't run out of product quickly.

I have a few backups of this in case it gets discontinued (I really hope it doesn't) and I would get this liner over & over. <3

on 8/12/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Shocked at the reviews!! I bought this eyeliner off of Jessica Braun's (on youtube) suggestion, and it really is as good as she said it was! It's so much better and easier to use than my previous Lancome Artliner. The eyeliner is extremely black. The formula lasts all day. The brush tip is so easy to control and can easily create a wing! I had no idea how to even do a wing before this liner!! For me, it was an amazing find from the drugstore.

on 4/4/2018 4:26:00 PM

I loved this eyeliner for the first several uses - easy to use, dark pigmented color -- but then something happened where the formula turned to black water - it makes a huge mess of my lids - spreading and settling into fine lines and spidering out of control - the precision is great but I have no use for precision that doesn't STAY WHERE I PUT IT.