NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

3.8

Taken from NYX Cosmetics Website: Water/Aqua/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Laureth-21, Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, C11-15 Pareth-7, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This liner is everything I want it to be: super-matte, super-black, long-wearing, and so easy to apply. I've tried KVD and Physician's Formula, and Epic Ink is by far my favorite. The brush tip is flexible and the deposits the right amount of product. I have hooded eyes, so a lot of liners run on me, but this one barely even smudges after hours. Price-wise and performance-wise, this is a winner in my book.

on 6/22/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this liner. After hearing it was a dupe for KVD's tattoo liner, I had high hopes & picked it up at my local ULTA. Unfortunately, those hopes were dashed as soon as I tried it. While the brush tip applicator is nice, and the pigmentation is very, very black, the formula is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too runny. It smears EVERYWHERE. Even after wiping the brush off on a tissue to get rid of excess liner, it ran all over my eyelids. The only way I can use it is to create the 'wing' outline with one of my of my other liquid liners, and use the NYX to fill it in. Would not recommend purchasing.

Pros:
intense black pigmentation
brush tip applicator
relatively cheap

Cons:
runny formula
smears all over the place

on 6/22/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was widely suggested as a dupe for KVD tattoo liner and I have to say it might be better! It's super pigmented, really really black, and the felt tip applies nicely and precisely. The formula doesn't flake or melt in 100+ degree heat. Really, the only problem here is that it's TOO stubborn once it's set -- it's a chore and a half to take off even with oil, and you'll look like a panda the whole time you're doing it. Personally, I'm going for a more natural look with brown eyeliners these days, so to me the intense black color isn't worth the hassle of cleanup. If this came in brown, though, I'd repurchase in a heartbeat.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually use a pencil liner so this took some getting use to its very precise, you need a steady hand. I applied a little powder under it to keep it in place. You don't need to pull a little on the eye like I find myself doing with pencil liners so I like that, I would buy it again, I paid $6.50 for it.

on 6/6/2018 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Solid eyeliner that is cheap, black as sin and precise. I got this at Target and have been wearing it all week. Very impressed with this so far, I do not need a liquid liner to be waterproof as I only use it on the top line. I will purchase this again and again.

on 5/29/2018 11:40:00 PM

My all-time favorite is Kat Von D's Ink liner, but the NYX Epic Ink Liner is an acceptable, more affordable option with a similar felt tip. It doesn't stay on my oily lids quite as much, so if I expect to have a long day I'll go for the Kat Von D. I've yet to find anything that comes close.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This eyeliner was suggested to be as an acceptable dupe for Kat von D's Tattoo liner, and I believe it is. It's not as long lasting as Tattoo liner, but it has good pigment, is widely available, and only costs 1/3 of Kat von D's.

I still prefer the Tattoo liner , but I would repurchase the NYX version again if I run out (Kat von D is very hard to find where I live).

on 4/4/2018 4:26:00 PM

I loved this eyeliner for the first several uses - easy to use, dark pigmented color -- but then something happened where the formula turned to black water - it makes a huge mess of my lids - spreading and settling into fine lines and spidering out of control - the precision is great but I have no use for precision that doesn't STAY WHERE I PUT IT.

on 3/29/2018 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had high hopes for a dupe for Stila’s waterproof liquid liner. This isn’t it. The NYX formula is too watery and doesn’t last long. It also isn’t waterproof so I don’t know why they claim that it is. The good things are that the felt tip brush is very nice and makes it easy to get precise lines. Also it’s a beautiful inky black with lots of pigment. But what good is that kind of pigmentation if it doesn’t last?!

I don' knowt if I love it because the last liner I had was horrific but it does go on easily and is opaque on first stroke. It also lasts a solid 8 hours without touch ups and without it transferring, I was very pleased and would definitely purchase again or go higher end with NYX in liners. Worth at a good price.