NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

Filtered by age: 25-29
NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

3.3

Taken from NYX Cosmetics Website: Water/Aqua/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Laureth-21, Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, C11-15 Pareth-7, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266).

I have it in black and in brown. The formula is quite runny especially in the black shade. It's very pigmented and doesn't smudge. I still prefer the KVD Tattoo eyeliner in terms of formula because it's easier to apply. I would recommend it especially to those who are fans of the swing eyeliner by the balm because it has a runny highly pigmented formula that sets matte but doesn't smudge like the Balm one.

on 10/13/2018 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i typically use gel liners - specifically the elf pot eyeliner - and i feel like both this pen and that pot each have their pros and cons.

this one doesn't transfer to my upper eyelids, which is nice. but it's not oilproof by any means and often smudges on me throughout the day. the outer corners of my eyes can get kind of watery and i do more of a downward/puppy liner wing these days so that could have something to do with it.

i do really like the thinness of the tip - angled liner brushes can fray pretty quickly after a few washes if you don't carefully reshape the bristles and wash them very gently, so with gel liner i often would have to do much thicker lines. i can do more delicate + precise work with this pen for sure.

but i dont think i will repurchase. the fact that it smudges so severely + flakes off a bit throughout the day makes it a little high maintenance for me. i dont like the idea of pens in the first place because i like to buy products that last a long time and i feel like a pen's shelf life is more predetermined (and way shorter) than a gel pot's, but i wanted to try this to see if i'd been missing out since so many people seem to like it. i dont think this liner is the worst makeup product i've ever tried, i just dont think it suits my eye/skin type and makeup preferences.

on 8/1/2018 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I tried straying away from my current eyeliner "favorite", L'Oreal Linear Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner... it does the job, but I'm still searching for an eyeliner pen.

And I'm pretty satisfied w/ this, but I DO NOT like how watery the formula is. When I apply it on the inner corners it seeps into tiny lines & causes this watercolor-like effect, so I have to wait for it to dry then go over it again in order to get the black that I want. But everywhere else it's a very nice, dark black. Definitely a stronger black than my L'oreal eyeliner.

I also really enjoy how smooth the pen tip applies.

Ugh, but this one acts like almost every other liner I've tried in that it slightly smears to the bottom of my eyes over the day... At least it's somewhat easy to wipe away. But NOTICE that it says it's waterproof, yet easily washes away w/ water!

on 6/22/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: NYX answered my prayers and made a brown version so I'm updating my review. The brown version could stand to be a smidge darker, and I don't like that the packaging is identical to the black version, but regardless -- it's definitely the best eyeliner I've ever tried. Stila and KVD are a distant second and third. It's so easy to apply, so natural looking, and it just doesn't budge! NYX really knocked it out of the park on this one. As long as they keep making this I'll be a customer for life.

Original review:

This was widely suggested as a dupe for KVD tattoo liner but honestly I think it's way better. It's incredibly black, applies really easily and precisely, and best of all it doesn't melt or flake at all in 100+ degree heat. That's basically a miracle where I live. I won't say it's my HG because super black liner is a little harsh on me and the brush tends to get caught in the lid and fray, which is annoying, but I do love this eyeliner and I wish with all my soul that NYX would make a brown-black version of it.

I don' knowt if I love it because the last liner I had was horrific but it does go on easily and is opaque on first stroke. It also lasts a solid 8 hours without touch ups and without it transferring, I was very pleased and would definitely purchase again or go higher end with NYX in liners. Worth at a good price.

on 2/25/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a big fan of NYX and I really wanted to like this eyeliner, but the liquid is just too thin. I applied it along my top lash line and when I blinked it ended up all in the corner of my eye and underneath my eye. I thought that this was a one time fluke...maybe I had messed up, but it has happened every time I have put this eyeliner on since. I'm not applying a large amount or slamming my eye shut immediately after applying, so I'm not sure why it is running so much except that it is just a very thin consistency. I don't regret my $8 but Milani is deft. the better choice as far as lower priced eyeliner is concerned.