MAC Cosmetics 133 Small Cheek Brush

4.5

It's a nice brush, which indeed is fairly small. It feels soft and gentle against the skin. I like to use it to apply highlighter to the tops of my cheeks, nose and under brow area. The brush is perfect for the purpose.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

In this age of highlighting I have tried many different brushes. I tried fan brushes but they were too hard to control or didn't give me enough payoff from the product. I used Sigma E40 for a while which I liked pretty well but I wanted something bigger. I finally decided I wanted something targeted but not too small, paddle shaped so the flat side could pat, but fluffy enough to blend things out. Everyone seems to love Morphe but I have been unimpressed-I'm tired of cheap products and wanted a quality brush. Sigma and Sonia Kashuk and Real Techniques didn't have quite what I was looking for. Makeup Forever had a couple but they were smaller than I wanted. I looked at MAC 137 but it was so BIG in person. I asked an MA and she directed me to the 133 but they didn't have any in stock. I managed to find ONE at a Macy's and had them hold it for me. This brush is perfect.
This is a white goat hair brush. It's smaller than the 116 and far flatter but fluffier than a traditional foundation brush. It's kind of like a really big 217 brush, maybe flatter. With the flat sides I can pat on highlighter for a targeted bright glow. Using it this way soft highlighters like Lightscapade can be used to their full strength. I can use the tip to blend in more pigmented/metallic highlighters. I love MAC quality of brushes. I've yet to replace one. LOVE it.

Popular Makeup Brushes