3.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 months ago

This is probably one of the better primers I've tried...skin looked good all day

About reviewer (985 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

from

a year ago

This is a clear dry feeling silicone primer. I use a pea size amount and it's enough to make my whole face feel smoothed out. Very silky feeling. As long as I keep to the pea size amount it actually helps with oilyness a little (it's absorbent). If I over apply It can feel greasy and dehydrating at the same time. But it's a primer, use it like one, not like a lotion. I don't seem to be breaking out from it at all. And I experienced no irritation; I use chemical sunscreen daily so my skin is used to those ingredients. It wears great under my Rimmel Stay matte foundation and on top of my daily spf PC skin Balancing spf 30. I took a lippie off because I was expecting more bang from this product than just spf protection and a slight smoothing, and slight absorbency. That said I would repurchase.

About reviewer (349 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This is an SPF unlike any I've used before - it goes on perfectly clear, feels like nothing once absorbed, and works under makeup. That said, it did take getting used to before I warmed up to it. At first, I used too much and it had the disconcerting effect of rubbing dry oily lube all over my face. But as long as you follow the directions to use only a pea-sized amount, it sinks in fast and is undetectable. I did not feel it did anything as a primer, but it certainly didn't interfere with my makerup. I did have some bumpy breakouts after using this, however I can't say if this was the culprit. The biggest downside for me is the price. I've used up my travel size tube and am waiting for a sale before buying more. All in all, this product is $$$ and won't work for everyone, but it's so different than other SPF's that I've used that it deserves 5 stars for that.

About reviewer (269 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

from

2 years ago

Is a good sunscreen with the recommended SPF amount and include UVA/ UVB protection. Ingredients are pretty good including antioxidants,anti-irritants, skin cell communicators, and skin cell communicating ingredients. Antioxidants: coffee seed extract, retinal palmitate, chlorella vulgaris extract, and camellia sinesis extract. AII: aloe, chamomile, and licorice. SCC:retinal palmitate SII: acrylic triglyceride and apple extract. The ingredients are protected by opaque covering. The product comes out through a squeeze tube. This has a silky texture with a dry silicone feel. Due to the something crosspolymer and polysilicone-11.It can feel slightly oily if a lot is applied.however due to the isodecane high on the list it dries fairly quick. Due to the silicone this can have a slight blurring effect over pores, and due to the moisturizing affects this can soften fine lines and wrinkles. As a primer this worked fine for most makeup, but one area it failed in was eyeshadow which moved a lot eith this as a primer alone. With a primer and a base though, it did fine. This would work best for all skin types. It was one of the most comfortable sunscreens I ever woar! The only thing I didn't like was the price 1fl oz for $30 is a bit steep.

About reviewer (272 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

The most elegant primer I have used - it goes on weightlessly, doesn't pill and my makeup looks great. It has an spf 30 so even if I don't wear any foundation my skin is protected and pores are blurred out. It smooths out under my eyes so that I need as much concealer. I was formerly using Hourglass and it was fine but this is better because this is a clear gel and Hourglass leaves a white cast so it cannot be worn alone. Just a small amount is all that's needed. This is a sleeper hit!

About reviewer (478 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I really liked this product as it does three things I'm looking for: First, it has sunscreen, second it makes my makeup look nice and third (and most important to me) it doesn't make my acne worse. I will buy it again!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I was surprised when I read all the negative reviews here because I really like this product! It is the only SPF product I have ever used (and I have a drawer full of high end SPF products that I don't use because I can't stand the feel of them on my face) that doesn't make my skin feel greasy and slick. It gives me a nice, matte finish and it feels good going on; like it just sinks right into my skin. I also like the packaging because it's possible to squeeze the last little bit of product out. A lot of Paula's Choice products are in hard bottles so I always end up throwing that last bit away.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Other, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

3 years ago

<object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/J57dKoZGoHs"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/J57dKoZGoHs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

3 years ago

I received this as a bonus with purchase, so I was happy to try it without buying a large bottle. My skin broke out in large cysts after wearing for a few days. It did not improve the wear of the foundation. I am not sure which ingredients caused the issue as I have very sensitive skin. It may have been the chemical sunscreen, or he silicone. I will not be purchasing this.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

2.0

3 years ago

I had high hopes for this primer/SPF. I use several PC skincare products and absolutely love them, but this product just didn't work well for me. While it feels extremely greasy on my face, it doesn't make my skin look greasy upon initial application. HOWEVER... by noon my skin is extremely shiny and by 3:00 I look like a total grease pit! Disclaimer: I do have oily skin but I can usually make it until 5-ish before my makeup needs re-touching. They claim this product is for all skin types, but it does not mesh well with my oily skin. Like the reviewer below me, I also experienced an initial weird breakout - small bumps on and around my nose and underneath my eyes. Even though I'm oily, I usually do not get pimples so I assumed this primer was the culprit, as it was the only new product in my routine. This product claims to Prime, Protect, and Perfect. I agree that it protects... that is the only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1. The Avobenzone-based SPF 30 is great. Unfortunately, its performance as a makeup primer is extremely underwhelming. It doesn't make my makeup go on or look smoother, nor does it perfect anything. My pores look the same after I apply this primer and seem to look even bigger as the day goes on because it makes my face so shiny. If your skin is on the dry side and you need a good SPF to wear during the day under your makeup, you may want to give this a try. However, don't expect any real primer benefits like pore minimizing or longer makeup wear. At $30 for 1 oz, it is a bit pricy for what you get. However, I don't mind paying more for a product that actually works. ETA: I wanted to give this product a fair shot so I used it daily for almost a week. Sadly, my makeup ended up looking like a big melted, greasy mess at the end of each day. :-/

About reviewer (167 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral