Paula's Choice Resist Smoothing Primer Serum SPF30

Paula's Choice Resist Smoothing Primer Serum SPF30

3.4

Not tested on animals

Isododecane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butyloctyl Salicylate ,Polysilicone-11, Bisabolol, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract , Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calluna Vulgaris Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Physalis Angulata Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate.

on 10/2/2017 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The most elegant primer I have used - it goes on weightlessly, doesn't pill and my makeup looks great. It has an spf 30 so even if I don't wear any foundation my skin is protected and pores are blurred out. It smooths out under my eyes so that I need as much concealer. I was formerly using Hourglass and it was fine but this is better because this is a clear gel and Hourglass leaves a white cast so it cannot be worn alone. Just a small amount is all that's needed. This is a sleeper hit!

on 9/8/2017 10:10:00 AM

I really liked this product as it does three things I'm looking for: First, it has sunscreen, second it makes my makeup look nice and third (and most important to me) it doesn't make my acne worse. I will buy it again!

on 7/4/2017 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

I was surprised when I read all the negative reviews here because I really like this product! It is the only SPF product I have ever used (and I have a drawer full of high end SPF products that I don't use because I can't stand the feel of them on my face) that doesn't make my skin feel greasy and slick. It gives me a nice, matte finish and it feels good going on; like it just sinks right into my skin.

I also like the packaging because it's possible to squeeze the last little bit of product out. A lot of Paula's Choice products are in hard bottles so I always end up throwing that last bit away.

on 5/24/2017 4:18:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as a bonus with purchase, so I was happy to try it without buying a large bottle. My skin broke out in large cysts after wearing for a few days. It did not improve the wear of the foundation. I am not sure which ingredients caused the issue as I have very sensitive skin. It may have been the chemical sunscreen, or he silicone. I will not be purchasing this.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I had high hopes for this primer/SPF. I use several PC skincare products and absolutely love them, but this product just didn't work well for me. While it feels extremely greasy on my face, it doesn't make my skin look greasy upon initial application. HOWEVER... by noon my skin is extremely shiny and by 3:00 I look like a total grease pit! Disclaimer: I do have oily skin but I can usually make it until 5-ish before my makeup needs re-touching.

They claim this product is for all skin types, but it does not mesh well with my oily skin. Like the reviewer below me, I also experienced an initial weird breakout - small bumps on and around my nose and underneath my eyes. Even though I'm oily, I usually do not get pimples so I assumed this primer was the culprit, as it was the only new product in my routine.

This product claims to Prime, Protect, and Perfect. I agree that it protects... that is the only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1. The Avobenzone-based SPF 30 is great. Unfortunately, its performance as a makeup primer is extremely underwhelming. It doesn't make my makeup go on or look smoother, nor does it perfect anything. My pores look the same after I apply this primer and seem to look even bigger as the day goes on because it makes my face so shiny.

If your skin is on the dry side and you need a good SPF to wear during the day under your makeup, you may want to give this a try. However, don't expect any real primer benefits like pore minimizing or longer makeup wear. At $30 for 1 oz, it is a bit pricy for what you get. However, I don't mind paying more for a product that actually works.

ETA: I wanted to give this product a fair shot so I used it daily for almost a week. Sadly, my makeup ended up looking like a big melted, greasy mess at the end of each day. :-/

on 2/25/2017 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Supposed to prime, protect and perfect. All chemical SPF. Goes on like most of her serums. Clear slightly oily serum that takes several minutes to absorb into the skin. I have dry skin and this feels ok on my skin. Is supposed to be for all skintypes. I think if you have oily skin you might not like the feel of this.

It protects but I got no priming effects. It didn't affect the look of my pores or mattify, add radiance or make my skin look different in any way. It didn't make my makeup wear any differently.

What it did do was cause some break outs after a week of wear time. Small clear blister like bumps. So my rosacea does not like this.

Pretty pricey. You get 1 ounce in a squeeze tube for $30. All said, I am disappointed. I expected more for the price and the promises.