e.l.f. Exfoliating Scrub

e.l.f. Exfoliating Scrub

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I initially bought a tube of this for my husband, but I quickly appropriated it. We now each have our own tubes. I don't use it every day, because that is too much for my skin, but I do like to use it every couple of days. It works fine on its own, and is effective enough to actually exfoliate without digging into the skin too much. I also like to mix in a little cleanser (like LRP) to give it a little more slip to glide over the skin, and it works well this way too. The packaging isn't beautiful or ground-breaking, but it is sturdy and easy to squeeze the product out of. I like that it does not contain plastic-y exfoliants and that it is very inexpensive. This has become a staple for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very good product. Its granules are small and dont feel harsh on my skin. There is basically no scent and it doesnt burn or scratch. I felt for the price its an excellent product. Great for anyone looking for a good scrub at a great price.

on 2/23/2017 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have only used this three times but I can say that this is a great scrub for those with sensitive skin and reactive skin.

I have both, but also dry/combo skin. Enough dryness that I get flakes - which is because I use a BP acne gel treatment after washing my face to keep my skin clear. So, dry skin is inevitable for me. I also have acne scars, redness, and melasma, and am nearing 35, so my skin isn't as fresh as I'd like it. An exfoliator seemed like the perfect "next" thing for me to add. But because my skin is SO SO sensitive to harsh scrubs/scents (anything), I barely EVER try new skin care products. Just too scared I'll get a reaction.

Saw the positive reviews for this scrub on e.l.f. (only 47 reviews?) and nothing on here, so I took a major leap.

It's great. You get a lot of product for the price, for sure. The walnut shell granules are very fine, but to me, I found them perfect for exfoliation. Not too small at all. Some people have stated that they like more "harsh" scrubs, but I thought this was PERFECT. I definitely felt the little scrubbies on my face. The consistency is very thick, so you don't have to use very much (but it's also cheap, $5.00), a light cream color, and barely scented at all. It's a very light light light scent, very fresh - but VERY subtle. I'm 100% super sensitive to any fragrance in face products - so I can 100% say that the scent in this is so minor, you'll think it's from the apricot that is in the scrub. It's perfect. It's thick, spreads well over the face - and I found it to wash free from my face (no residue). I used it after wetting my face and washing my makeup off with my regular cleanser - and then went in with the scrub and was as gentle as I could be, since this already has scrubbies in the cleanser - then rinsed and followed it with just a LITTLE bit of my cleanser to make sure I got all the scrubbies rinsed off my face.

My face was soft, clean, not overdry at all. Not at all! I followed with my BP acne gel treatment - which was totally fine putting on my face after this scrub (benzoyl peroxide can burn - that should tell you how gentle this scrub really is) and then after my BP acne lotion dried, I followed with my regular nightly sensitive skin moisturizer.

I didn't have any issues all night, my face felt fine and soft (but it normally does after I put moisturizer on, too) and I woke up and my face looked fresh. I wouldn't say it was COMPLETELY changed or anything, but it did look a bit brighter and fresh. No breakouts - no rashes - no skin issues - NADA. Normally, since I am so sensitive with my skin, if I'm going to have issues with a product, it's usually immediately or overnight - and I know. This scrub was 100% fine. I do think that the more you use this (2 times a week, possibly 3 spaced out since it's so gentle) the more you will see results with your skin. So I think that not seeing a huge change the next day was typical - and that the more you use this, the more you'll see brighter skin.

I use mine at night before bed, just because that's when I put my moisturizer on and I want to make sure to have that on after something like an exfoliating scrub. It also allows my skin to repair while I'm sleeping - and be fresh for the next day. Just my routine. Other reviews said they liked to use it in the AM in the shower. All up to you, just make sure you moisturize after.

Great one from e.l.f.!

(ETA: I have used this religiously 3 days apart since end of February - and have had no issues with my sensitive skin and I LOVE THIS. I would say this is one of ELF's best skin care products in this line. It's such a great scrub, and makes my skin so soft, even my boyfriend can't believe how soft it is (even after applying my acne BP gel and then my regular moisturizer). it's great. It almost makes my skin PLUMP. For $5.00 - grab this for your skin routine!)