Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy

Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy

2.2

on 4/16/2018 6:04:00 PM

I have the colour “ Spice girl” which is a nude / peachy colour really similar to MACs myth lipgloss. Pigmented gloss really nice sleek packaging. However it does tingle your lips as it’s supposed to be a “ lip plumping gloss” so if you have sensitive skin / lips don’t use !! This doesn’t plump my lips at all so I think if this was a regular gloss at like £10-15 more people would like it but £20-£22 for a lip plumping gloss that doesn’t do what it says isn’t good!

on 1/21/2018 7:52:00 PM

I would never buy this full sized product. I very disappointed. It burns and irritates your lips. As soon as I put it on my lips it burned and irritated. Maybe my lips are sensitive, but I couldn't put my lips through this torture. Please don't waste your money on this.

on 12/27/2017 7:28:00 AM

Another thing my lovely mother bought me for Christmas and I’m thankful because I got to try it! I use the lip injection extreme all the time and have a mini of the regular lip injection and I like them. I’ve been more into gloss lately and I usually wear light nudes/pinks and really wanted to try this. She got me the shade angel kiss which is a pale pink. I usually will put lip injection extreme on at the start of my makeup so it has time to work and the redness settle down so I put this on after I did my eyeshadow. The color was extremely sheer and streaky so I don’t see it as something you can standalone wear, at least not with this shade. In addition I felt no tingle AT ALL. And it did not plump my lips at all. I’m sad because I thought for sure I would love this but no second chances, I’m taking it back.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received this in a Sephora Play box and, aside from the color being a smidge washed-out on me, I don't think it's a bad product. It is a solid 3.5/5, not good enough to warrant a definite repurchase, but acceptable enough to work through whatever product I have left.

The color I have is Milkshake, however it looks a bit more like a pale peach shade and doesn't really do much for my complexion, although as another reviewer noted, it would make a fine lipstick topper. I still wear it because on a lot of work days I prefer a subtle gloss like this as it doesn't fade as noticeably as the day wears on.

The consistency is actually pretty nice; it IS sticky, but I don't mind that as it means it has very good staying power for a gloss. It has a little bit of shimmer too. I don't find the stinging it produces that irritating, tbh those kinds of products have never really had a noticeable effect on me, but this one did, although naturally the plumping goes down after an hour or so.

I wouldn't repurchase this specific color because it matches my skin too well and creates a tiny bit of "concealer lips" vibes, but given the formula is long-wearing, shiny and does what it says it will, I will most likely at least check the other shades available.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Call me a masochist, but I find the slightly burning, tingling sensation from lip plumping glosses really addictive. Sometimes I put them on just because. But I can definitely understand the widespread disdain for these things, because they can be uncomfortable or even downright unbearable, depending on your pain tolerance. Not to mention that out of all the lip plumping products I've tried (Buxom, Soap and Glory, Smashbox), the Too Faced Lip Injection packs the strongest punch by far. On the plus side, because of its potency, it also was the only one so far that actually plumped the lips - just barely, but something is better than nothing. Swollen lips are chic... right?

My only gripe is that the color they picked for the Sephora Play box (Milkshake) is kind of ugly. It's a pale, almost concealer nude with gold shimmer. By itself it looks awkward but it would probably make an alright lip topper.

Personally, fuller lips aren't a feature I particularly desire, and obviously if you do, you're better off actually doing the real thing, but these are a fun and convenient novelty. Just make sure you have a decent threshold for pain - like "rubbing hot sauce all over the lips" kind of pain.

on 2/22/2017 11:41:00 AM

Sephora keeps on deleting my review! Perhaps they had too many bad reviews for this product.

So, anyway I received this product in the color "Milkshake" in the Sephora play box for this month. While the product does make your lips plumper, it also makes them inflamed and painful. It feels like hot sauce! It may take a few minutes to feel the heat but it will definitely come. I've read that some reviewers only apply the product onto "problem areas," and that worked for them. I tried that and it wasn't so painful, but personally it think that it will just damage my lips if I use it on a regular basis. I don't recommend this product. At least test it in the store first on your hand before you buy.