Urban Decay Optical Illusion Complexion Primer

Urban Decay Optical Illusion Complexion Primer
Optical Illusion Complexion Primer

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/1/2017 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Have you ever used a product and wondered where this product had been all your life? I always had problems with foundations drying TF out of my skin, but when I use this, ever single imperfection is blurred. AMAZING. I was at the point where I thought I had to give up foundation forever, but now, I don't have that problem. This seems really thick and heavy, but once I smooth it out on my skin, I don't even notice it's there. I've only used it for about a half a week, but I hope this continues to work for me!

on 9/26/2017 8:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was surprised by this primer. I have found that most primers don't work and seem to be a "quick fix" for not using proper skincare. I got to the point where I rarely bothered with a primer. A friend actually gave me this one because she didn't like it, so I tried it.I have oily skin which causes many foundations to either break up over the course of the day or sit in my pores. This remedies that. Note that this is a very heavy feeling primer. I use as little as possible, usually one pump, and make sure that this is rubbed into my skin. It does feel very heavy on the skin, and that I don't like, which I why I use a small amount. This is a very silicone-heavy primer, and you can definitely tell by the consistency.. For me, any foundation applied over this wears like iron. I tried it with a foundation I had given up on wearing-Pro Longwear Waterproof by MAC as this would end up sitting in my pores a few minutes after I had applied it. No more! I would imagine this primer is also good for those with texture on the skin because it creates a very smooth surface. I would definitely purchase this again!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I really like this because it doesn't dry my skin out. In the past I had the unfortunate surprise to try other primers that would mattify my face, even though that was not on the description label. This primer is very well tolerated by my skin (must be the oils in it). It fills the pores but it doesn't cause any breakouts and the end result is matte but not too much.

It's silicone based so it works very well with silicone based foundations (not water or oil). Pretty simple stuff really.
Overall, I'm glad I bought this.

on 8/24/2017 9:30:00 PM

Love it! It smooths out my complexion and controls my oiliness really well. Love the feeling of it.

This is my HOLY GRAIL PRIMER. I was so excited when I got this! I heard great things about it but when I got it, I was simply NOT disappointed. It's expensive but worth every penny.

I was a little scared since the formula was so thick, but it feels weightless and doesn't make the skin look thick or cakey. My pores virtually disappear and it glides on effortlessly. The product lasts a long time because you only need half a pump and the primer covers the whole face.

It does make my foundation last longer. I use the MakeUp Forever Ultra HD Foundation and they are the perfect combo. It has no fragrance which I absolutely LOVE! The packaging is beautiful and I love everything about it. It has become part of my daily routine.

Overall, I would recommend this product. I love Urban Decay and this is my favorite product from them.

on 9/11/2017 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my holy grail primer! i have oily/acne-prone skin and this is awesome. it is a thick silicone-based primer that does "blur" imperfections once rubbed in. i use 1 1/2 pumps to cover my whole face. it does make my face look flawless and prolongs makeup wear. i use kat von d lock it liquid foundation over it. i have not noticed any breakouts or any other reactions. i highly recommend this.

This has officially become my all-time favorite primer. Tried a sample and fell in love, enough to buy full size because it does everything I want from a primer: makes my skin appear smoother, fills in pores, skin tone is more radiant and evened out, so I can skip foundation. My face is darker than my neck so I always look for brightening effect. I can use it under my eyes too! It's great because it fills in fine lines and prevents makeup from creasing. Makeup applies like a dream on top of it. It's also slightly mattifying- no shimmer, no glitter, so perfect for me since I'm a satin matte face fan (& have combo skin). Small amount goes a long way.
Be sure to apply it evenly and only a thin layer or it will ball up under foundation.
It's been a while since I've been so impressed by makeup product!
( I copied and pasted this review from my IG @catsandglitters :D )

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this primer I got a deluxe sample in my beauty loop box and had to go buy the full size once I ran out. It makes your makeup last like no other primer does and is amazing for filling in your pores. It is quite thick but I highly recommend this primer. I have dry to combo skin.

The newer Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer Is a wonderful mattifying primer. I have dry skin so after cleansing applying moisturizer is a must. Because of this layer I've had problems with many primers pilling. This Primer didn't, which is amazing for me. There are many things to love about this product such as that it mattifies, blurs pores, and is non-drying at the same time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This a good primer. It really did smooth out my pores. I do have extremely oily skin. Easy to apply and blends nicely. It does smoothen up fine lines somehow. Oil-control wise, this dose a good job. I even had a sweaty gym sesh and i didnt notice any oils. But i still prefer benefit for the pore minimizing effect. Does a better job at i guess since i do see some harshness with my foundation with the UD primer.