Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 9/18/2018 9:16:00 AM

Sadly this product is way too sticky and very difficult to apply.
Although it does contain two excellent anti-acne and anti-aging actives in a rather unusually high concentration, the formula is too sticky and as mentioned above, not slippery enough to apply or glide on easily.

The water based formula contains mainly water and Pentylene Glycol (humectant) that is thickened by two gums. This already makes the smoothness a bit difficult.
There are two solubilizers used that could have contributed to a more elegant application if used in a higher concentration.

I also believe that using Niacinamide (vitamin B3) in such high concentration as in this product can be highly irritating and would be only recommended to very damaged skin or a thicker more resilient acne-prone skin type that is not sensitive.
Zinc PCA is an effective anti-acne agent but also provides nourishment to skin, however above 0.75% concentration it will do more damage than good.

I can only recommend this product to skin types that are resilient and have visible sun-damage or have moderate acne with a skin type that is not sensitive.
(Severe acne should be treated by prescription drugs or other anti-acne agents such as Benzoyl peroxide.)

Ingredients: 10% Niacinamide and 1% Zinc PCA

on 9/15/2018 7:16:00 AM

I have dry dehydrated skin and use this as my serum step. It took me about 3.5 months to finish this. I apply 2 drops, 2 times a day.

It initially reduced some of the redness on my cheeks. I felt like it just plateaued afterwards.

The texture is sticky but it's not the last step of my routine so that wasn't an issue for me.

I did not find this to be very moisturising. I read somewhere that it may be the zinc that is drying.

It's good to know that my skin doesn't have any issues with Niacinamide but I won't purchase. I'll be looking for other products that have Niacinamide in it.

Ingredients to this product are fantastic & has good value however performance is POOR!

I saw no difference to my skin after finishing this product. Texture stayed the same. It didn't brighten any pigmentation or help get rid of blemishes...Nothing.

Actually my face struggled to absorb this serum...and I don't have dry or flaky skin! And because it never fully absorbed there would always be pilling...so I would have to apply this at night.

Overall In my experience this is one of the worst products from the Ordinary...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was extremely excited to try this product. I had read rave review about it, heard numerous praises, not to mention that it was recommended for acne prone skin like mine. People on youtube were calling it a holy grail product. So I had really high hopes.
I had read that it's not uncommon for your skin to go through a "purging" phase, so I wasn't too upset when I saw that I had gotten a few blemishes. But the problem is that the "purge" never actually stopped... for over 2 months, while I tried the product. So it wasn't an actual purge. I gave it a shot for over 2 months, and every single time I used the product, I got acne. I stopped using it and my skin cleared. Then, after using it again, it went crazy with acne all over again. And they were nasty, under the skin, painful ones, too.
I didn't see any improvement in my skin - no difference in pores, no brightening, no redness reduction, nothing. So it did absolutely nothing for my skin, apart from breaking me out like crazy. I tried using it in different ways - on its own, mixed in with other products, on dry skin, on wet skin, at the beginning of my skincare routine, near the end of my skincare routine... Nothing made it work better.
Sad to say that it was a complete fail for me.

on 9/5/2018 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I jumped on the Ordinary bandwagon and just went crazy. By far, this brand is one of the best skincare finds of the century. Most of the products worked well for me and considering the price, I really don't have any complaints. However, as always, some products work better than others.

This one was middle-of-the-road for me. I think it did calm my skin somewhat and I noticed that I've stopped having acne. However, that could also be due to the retinol. Since I have so many skincare products, more than I can possibly use up, I think I would prefer having niacinamide as part of a different product, instead of having to use one separately (thus increasing the length of my skincare regime.)

I have used up an entire bottle of this in hopes I would see results. Unfortunately, I have not. It doesn’t harm my skin from what I can tell but it also doesn’t benefit me in any way.

on 8/30/2018 11:52:00 AM

This is great, such a good value for money yet super effective. I have really sensitive skin, but at the same time I have been having some problems whit larger pores and some blackheads, and this product made my pores almost completely disappear and my skin cleared up after using it a short while, whiteout irritating my skin. When I run out of it I'm 100% going to buy it again, and I would recommend it to anyone I know.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

For like 3 days I really liked it.., maybe I put too much on.... But like so many other ppl it broke me out. I did see my pores get a bit smaller in that time. But not worth the ten new pimples I have to deal with... I havent has a break out this bad in a long time. Actually so mad I tried this.

on 8/24/2018 4:59:00 PM

I have pretty bad acne on my forehead. The rest of my skin is generally perfect but my forehead is covered in black and white heads with large, painful, red, cystic acne. I bought a selection from the ordinary and it's really worked for me and I think mainly because of this. I only use it on my forehead in the mornings and sometimes evenings and at first I had a huge breakout but was too desperate to write it off and it actually paid off because while I do still get black heads and large pores, the painful acne and huge white heads are gone so for me, that's a win.

The other things I bought:

Glycolic acid toner 7%
5% Retinol in Squalene
Azelaic acid in suspension 10%
AHA 30% and BHA 2% peeling solution

on 8/23/2018 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This broke me out so I stopped using it immediately. Now I only use it on the single bumps I get but never use it on my whole face.