Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.1

on 5/13/2018 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm a little torn on this product. I found that it helped moisturize my skin without being too heavy and that it did help a bit with my oiliness. I think it helped fade new blemishes faster but I don't feel that it did anything for existing hyperpigmentation, which was the main reason I purchased the product. It also had not discernable effect on my pores. I did feel my skin had more clarity but I don't quite no if it is a cumulative effect of my total skin care regimen or if this serum had something to do with it. I may repurchase later and try it again.

on 1/13/2018 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this serum because I was interested in a niacinamide product to replace my Cerave PM Moisturiser, which is extraordinarily difficult to find in the UK.

The price is fantastic on the serum (as with all The Ordinary products) and I love the aesthetic of the packaging because the fussy, pink extraness of so many other brands just turns me off. I use this after washing and applying a retinoic acid in the pm or a vitamin c serum in the am - this is the same step in my routine that I would use the Cerave. I found this to be a fine replacement for the Cerave. When I switched to this there was a slight improvement in the softness of my skin and no worsening of any other issues - so it is at least as efficacious as the more expensive moisturiser. However, I was not a fan of the texture of this serum - it is quite thick (it could not be used at an earlier stage in my routine) so I had to use about half a pipette to spread it comfortably - that amounts to a fair bit of product and I would estimate a bottle to last about a month. The SAs in the store suggested patting in a few drops and you can definitely use less product if you do that, but the thickness makes it hard to spread by patting and the product is quite tacky so patting it in is not a particularly pleasant experience. No matter how I applied it I found it to leave a tacky feel. This also did not play well with other products and would cause moisturiser to pill on top.

Overall this product worked and I finished about 3/4 of the bottle. I would recommend it to others as the lowest price efficacious niacinamide that I have ever used, but there are other products I prefer for the same step and I would not purchase again for myself.

I think The Ordinary is great if you want to try out specific actives without lots of extra ingredients or want something that works for a minimal cost. I am totally into the naming convention they use and vastly prefer the no nonsense frankness to the jargon and fluff other brands use. I have tried a few of their products; I love and continue to use their oils. I plan to try The Buffet serum and NIOD Copper Peptides next.

on 1/8/2018 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This stuff is the devil! Clearly my skin reacts poorly to Niacinamide because this product felt like it ruined my skin for an annoying length of time. After one use, my skin became rough in texture in a rash like fashion. And while I can normally fix my skin on my own, I had to seek out professional care to try and fix the mess this caused. It took about a month of TLC and being extra gentle before I was back to normal but I'm steering clear of niacinamide from now on. I should add I had a sneaking suspicion I had issues with this ingredient after using a product that contained it some years ago and experiencing some irritation but nothing like this time. Great price and reputation of the brand. This was just not for me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

WOW!!! I was so skeptical of this serum. For something for under $10 with all these claims.....I was on the fence about this one. I use it only during the day along with a moisturizing SPF. This definitely keeps my skin looking balanced and my pores don't stick out like sore thumbs. As far as the skin glow.....it definitely makes my skin glow. A nice lovely glow. As far as making it look less congested. That has yet to be seen as I have yet used it long enough but I definitely plan on repurchasing this serum again and again. Can't beat the price point.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this is a really good serum. don't know what the other based reviews are from. I have very and prone skin as it's quite sensitive I have to take extra care not to offset the balance with foreign products to my skin's surface. this did me wonders. after 2 days of christen use yes TWO DAYS I noticed my hormonal acne subside!!! and quite significantly I might add. I knew this would work for me though because I've taken niacin tablets and they always seem to clear up my skin. I don't know if it's repurchase since I bought 2 bottles in my the ordinary order so I'm well stocked for the moment.

on 4/21/2017 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

After reading all those rave reviews about niacinamide I knew I would have to add it to my regimen on my quest to "perfect" skin. Unfortunately, this did not do much at all, the formulation needs to be reworked as it would leave a white film + IT TOOK OFF MY BROWS .

on 3/2/2017 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Form: Simple bottle, dropper is hygienic. Bottle mouth is wide enough that when you are getting to the bottom you can shake it out into your hand. Glass is recyclable, and bottle is re-usable if you get some goo-gone and take the label off. I know other people don't like the "lack of luxury" but I think the simplicity of the packaging fits well with my spare bathroom decor!

Function: Seems to absorb quickly. Zinc and Niacinamide are both proven skin-improvers and the formula contains only exactly what it needs to. No fragrance or colour or fillers. I usually use 1 - 2 drops and apply over my whole face. I do apply even to the under-eye area. No tingling or burning.

Downsides: It dries pretty quickly but leaves kind of a sheen. I usually use Urban Decay's De-Slick spray in the mornings and then top it off with an oil free primer. Usually sorts out the shiny-ness from this.

Bottom line: I would buy this again. I feel like Zinc (oral form) does a lot for my skin and I'd honestly rather apply it than take it in (too much can give you a copper deficiency) even if its less absorption. This stuff doesn't make me break out, noticeably clog my pores or get in the way of my busy life.

Also, although I started to use this and The Ordinary 10% LA + HA at the same time, so I can't say for sure, people have mentioned a noticeable improvement in my skin! So there is that!

I would recommend, and it is totally worth trying. I have repurchased it!