Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.3

on 7/1/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

In my other review, I mentioned that I was using this in conjunction to the Flavunone mask and the Advanced 2% retinoid. What can I say, my skin is just loving this combo! It was so congested before but now I wake up every morning with radiant, clear skin! Even my husband notices the difference :)

on 5/28/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Knowing about chemistry a little and how expensive good materials are, it makes me question how does this become so cheap? What is missing here? I got one just out of curiosity and complete mess, clogged skin and break outs. Niacinamide is not supposed to do that. Weird. I am not liking this brand at all.. Pass

on 5/22/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I really enjoy this serum. I use it in the mornings, under moisturizer and SPF. I have acne prone and extremely clog prone skin. This has definitely helped with keeping breakouts at bay. Niacinamide helps with hyperpigmentation which is something I deal with, so having it in my daily routine, and at this high percentage, is wonderful!

The texture is a little tacky but nothing a little moisturizer won't take care of. I wish it came with a pump, the texture is thick and gel-like, I think it would work with a pump. Maybe Deciem can just sell pumps separately! I would just use the same pump on bottle after bottle of this serum.

For the price, I will continue to purchase the serum for the foreseeable future, I'm already on my second bottle and have purchased a backup. I even got some friends to start using it! Definitely one of my favourite Deciem products. Highly recommended.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been using this serum for 10 months since last year when I first discovered The Ordinary brand. I have tried many of their offerings, some hit or miss, but this is wonderful. I have bought back ups upon back ups and for the price, why not?! So far in the line, I have tried lactic acid 10%, retinol 2%, map vitamin C 10%, vitamin C 23%, Arbutin serum, azaleic acid and this niacinamide serum. I also want to note I have tried and finished a bottle of Paula's niacinamide booster which is why I ended up buying this afterwards. So far in my skin care routine, I have kept this and the azelaic acid. This serum Has no fragrance, a bit tacky when spreading but dries non sticky. I follow it up each night with azelaic acid. In comparison to Paula's, this is thicker, more serum like in finish while Paula's is like water, almost an essence to me. Therefore, Paula's is easy to overuse, in fact, I was finished with it in two months! At 42$ a bottle, I could not bring myself to buy another when deciem is less than 10$. To be honest, the effect that my skin gets doesn't differ from Paula's, even though that has more skin beneficial ingredients vs deciem is more linear-- niacinamide and zinc. Since starting a 10% niacinamide, my skin is brighter, calmer and pores are less noticeable. I rarely use a primer now and just put on a mattifying sunscreen (Replenix Ultimatte), some concealer and I'm done with my base. It has also helped me avoid breakouts and if I do, my blemishes tend to lighten up quicker. I would never be without this and the azelaic acid. I think I have found a sound routine for a great price. Deciem continues to churn out great products and I have been a fan! For reference, my evening routine includes double cleansing (simple cleansing oil then cerave foaming cleanser), a first essence from Missha, hada labo hyaluronic acid, then this followed by azelaic acid. I don't apply this in the morning because of the tendency to ball up sometimes with formulations (especially if I do use a primer). I only use the essence and hyaluronic acid before sunscreen.

on 3/26/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily/acne-prone skin and this broke me out really badly. Firstly, the consistency is almost gel like and as soon as it touches your skin it feels like putting hair gel on your skin in terms of how it dries. It would sting my face and make it go red, and I'm not allergic to any of the ingredients and I don't have sensitive skin at all! After using it the first day I woke up and my skin was so dull and dry and lifeless and I began to get a lot of texture on my face like rough skin on my nose and cheeks. During the weeks of using it I developed VERY bad breakouts under the skin and its been over a month since I stopped using it and I'm left with scarring and still trying to get my skin back to normal as it messed with it really bad. I pushed through weeks of trying it as I really wanted to see if it works and if it's just a purge breakout, but no the breakouts only got worse. I tried their moisturiser and advanced retinoid separately. I have a review on the moisturiser, if you want to check it out (spoiler alert: it was terrible). Overall, what I've experienced with this brand is that it's most likely better for older skin types which are less prone to acne and oily skin, and hormones. However, when my mum tried the buffet serum as I bought it for her, it broke her out and she's 45 and NEVER breaks out which was weird!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

My skin is super oily, acne prone and sensitive. Been using this serum every single night for about 3 weeks now. I saw some improvement on my dark spots from previous acne and my overall skin tone is more even. It did nothing to my pores tho. The most significant improvement from using this I would say is the texture of my skin. I can say that this stuff makes my skin feel smoother and softer and I love that! However, like some of the reviews here, this thing broke me out. I keep getting a spot here and there during the time I use this. I personally think that it is CARRAGEENAN in it that caused the problems. They did not even put carrageenan on the ingredients list on their website and I have no clue why! but if you look closely at the box that it comes with, you will see carrageenan as the 6th ingredient on the list. The reason I bought this serum in the first place was that when I looked at the ingredients list on their website I spotted nothing that will mess up my skin. Well, if your skin happens to react badly with carrageenan like my skin does, I'd say you should skip this one.

on 3/14/2017 9:48:00 AM

I'm not sure this did anything good, but it also didn't do anything bad. It's an easily absorbed clear serum that focuses on adding Niacinamide and Zinc to your skin, which are good for overall skin health and clarity. Full disclosure, I am wary of Niacinamide since it's Vitamin B3 and I have an *extreme* reaction to anything containing Panthenol (B5), but this didn't break me out at all. So that's good. I have had success with ingesting Zinc, too, which is why I was interested in this serum. I'm focusing on refining skin texture and reducing the look of my pores right now and this didn't do anything for those issues. I will say that it is a pretty good mattifier, and every serum I've tried from this brand could almost stand alone as a moisturizer for my oily yet dehydrated skin.

The Ordinary warns not to use this in conjuction with Vitamin C products (niacinamide affects the integrity of Vit C, according to their site). Just FYI.

Obviously, your mileage may vary. There is a very simple ingredient list and I say give this product a try if you're intrigued. You're only down $5.90 if you don't like it. If you have a reaction to this serum, you might want to look into whether or not it's a Vitamin B thing. Once I figured out my skin hates Panthenol, I have **completely** eliminated my acne.

Ingredients