Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily skin, and am extremely acne-prone. My skin has responded very well to Olay Luminous Boost Concentrate (a serum w/ niacinamide) it's $22 for 1 oz. So The Ordinary's price, $5.90 for 1 oz was too good to not try out.

I did a couple test spots for a week (near my eyebrows, and another near my chin) and I started to break out. I know it's not purging since I've been using stridex, glyolic acid, niacinamide in Olay products.

I've stopped using this on my face, and I'm using it on my neck & hands. I'm going to go back to the Olay serum & probably eventually put down the $$$ for Paula's Choice 10% niacinamide. I really wish The Ordinary would make a dupe for Paula's Choice--the simplicity is amazing for people with extremely acne-prone skin.

It is very moisturizing, and worth a shot for the price. Be cautious if you have a similar skin type to me.

on 8/9/2017 8:25:00 AM

I am 33 and my skin is still pretty much as oily as it was when i was 15. I don't have acne anymore, just monthly breakouts with 1 or 2 small zits.
But my pores are large and my makeup is "sliding" after a couple of hour of wear which sucks. I've used primers with little sucess, even high-end ones.
I decided to buy this instead. Since i only wash my face at night (i have sensitive/reactive skin) i only apply the serum at night before my La Roche Posay Toleriane face lotion. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and i am noticing a difference: my makeup holds better and my complexion seems clearer but i still have a nice healthy glow.
I tried using it twice a day like they say you should but it irritated my skin so if you are like me, use it once a day and it will be sufficient.

EDIT: after one week i had to stop using it, it broke me out (tiny little bumps with white heads) so i can't use it anymore...Disappointed.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

PROS
- super affordable
- packaging is really hygienic and cute, easy to travel with too
- i found it evened out my skin tone a lot, I use this in the morning

CONS
- none, this is amazing, definitely recommend it

on 7/24/2017 2:09:00 PM

I didn't really notice the effect of this serum at first. I thought I just have one of these "good skin" periods. Strangely, it ended as fasts as I finished the bottle. I bought another one and the effect came back. A radiant clear skin. I love it, love the price point and the clean simple packaging. Will repurchase as long as it would work on me.

on 6/23/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Good news, bad news.
This does work at evening texture, filling pores, and slightly controlling oil. For all of that I loved it.
However, my skin apparently HATES Niacinamide. Hates it. (And it took me forever to figure out that this was the issue).
Granted, I have very finicky skin so it may work for some one else, and I am sad it doesn't work for me.
If you want to try this product I recommend that you try a travel size of Olay Moisturizing Lotion Sensitive Skin or another lotion or mask with niacinamide. There are TONS of them.

What I love: The price. It's super cheap. I enjoyed applying it. It made my pores visibly smaller.
What I hate: It broke me out like there is no tomorrow. Irritation galore everywhere I applied it, and it wasn't purging. It was breakouts from irritation. Getting worse as time went on. I had to stop using it.

I since switched to the Azelaic Acid of the same line and love it. It does all the good things for my skin that the Niacinamide did, minus the irritations and breakout.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pretty good actually

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product really seems to be either hit or miss based on skin type. I know some people have experienced terrible breakouts after using this and I too got a big cystic pimple after the first time using it as well. After about a week, I decided to give it another shot and I'm very glad that I did.

I have very dry skin, but get hormonal acne around my period on my chin/jawline. I'm also prone to getting a lot of sebaceous filaments on my chin all the time. After using this on my chin daily and spot treating areas of other breakouts for about two months, I've noticed a substantial improvement in my skin. I no longer have sebaceous filaments on my chin and my hormonal acne, which normally consists of one or two cystic pimples, has been largely eradicated. This past month I only got one small surface pimple that I was able to clear up after a day.

I will definitely keep using this. Given the price point, its definitely worth checking out.

on 4/21/2017 8:08:00 AM

Love this for blemishes!
I find it really works for my blemishes, it reduces the swelling and I haven't had as many break outs.
Totally recommend it!
About to buy another bottle.

on 4/16/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this! My skin texture is a lot smoother because of this, and I have not experienced as many pimples as before. It absorbs easily and blends in my routine very well. Another great product from The Ordinary!