Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.8

i am very fair with redness in my cheeks and chin that even most foundations dont cover, as well as some enlarged pores on the left side of my nose. after using this for a bit over a month i can see a big change in the redness i was having and well as the fact that my pores are less noticable! my only caution is that if you are laying over this serum you must PAT and not rub, or it will pill. I am happy i no longer feel the need to wear liquid foundations to cover my cheeks! a powder works just fine for me now, when i feel like it ;)

on 6/24/2018 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have tried many products from the Ordinary (and continue using quite a few of them), but if I had to choose only one to continue using for the rest of my life, that would definitely be their Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. I am on my third bottle now and today I bought another two as a backup.
I had very oily skin when I started using Niacinamide regularly. Right now I describe my skin as combination, but it's actually quite normal on some days. My T-zone is never VERY oily anymore. And I do believe that this serum from the Ordinary helped a lot with my skin's sebum production. As a result, my pores around the nose and chin look visibly smaller.
I usually use this product once a day, in the morning, as the first thing that goes on my skin after washing it. Other serums, SPF, and moisturizer go on top of it. Niacinamide does not effect the application of other products or my makeup at all. It is, however, important to remember to not use it together with Vitamin C products.
On the days when my skin tends to be more problematic, breaks out or suddenly produces more oil (usually around my period), I use this product twice a day. My breakout is ALWAYS visibly diminished in the morning if I used Niacinamide the evening before. I would really like to continue using it twice a day every day, but I'm a little worried that my skin might get used to it too much and the product will become less effective. So far my skin has been loving it! I highly recommend trying it for anyone who has oily skin, enlarged pores, and/or suffers from hormonal breakouts.

on 6/4/2018 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I've bought 2 bottles of it and I've just finished the first one (2.5 months, used 1/day). Initially I thought it was working very well as I got fewer breakouts but I'm no longer sure, perhaps my skin got used to it or something else is messing me up. But I will keep on using it and may change my review once I'm done with the 2nd bottle. I've tried using it 2/day but I found that it wasn't working well under sunscreen and make-up. The packaging is a simple dropper - I think a pump would be more suitable as it's rather runny. Still, for the amazing price it's definitely something worth trying, it seems to be working well for some!
P.S. Before I found The Ordinary range, I considered trying Paula's Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster which seems to be the same stuff but at (literally) 10 times the price! Thanks Deciem for looking after those who have smaller budgets :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had given up on The Ordinary. Most of the products I had tried ranged from ok but not great to absolutely awful, and then CEO went nuts on Instagram. Then I began using a moisturizer with a small amount of niacinamide and saw good results, so I began to wonder if I would see even better results with a higher concentration.

I add three or four drops of this to my morning moisturizer (cerave baby moisturizer, also highly recommend). I have noticed my pores are smaller, my face stays matte throughout the day longer, and red spots from pimples take far less time to fade than before. I really like this stuff and will reorder when I run out.

I got this little gem with a couple of other "The Ordinary" products a several months ago, because they were cheap and I had heard good things about them.
I have combo oily skin that is prone to hormonal acne and generally looking a bit worse for wear (I'm an RN that works long shifts in a busy paediatric ward, so shift work, air conditioning and exposure to bacteria, viruses and chemicals are all pretty much standard on any given day.)
I wanted to try this purely to see whether it would help with my hormonal acne where other products hadn't and it seemed like a pretty decent 'all round' product.
Initially I hated it. I found it sticky and almost always would pill/ball underneath my fingers when I would put other products like moisturiser or facial oils over it, to the point where I would wash the whole lot off and omit it entirely. Only about 2 months ago did I accidentally stumble on a way to apply it that didn't have me wasting a bunch of products down the sink.
The secret is simply..... TIME.
If you wait 10-15 mins after applying the Niacinamide + Zinc serum before applying anything else you will have 100% less chunky balled bits on your face AND you won't be sticky either. If you're in a hurry in the mornings, I would recommend this as part of your night routine instead because it works way better if you give it a little time and space to sink in and do it's business.
I think it has helped with my time-of-the-month acne, I've not had any breakouts for the past 2 months- not even the odd standalone pimple, my pores look smaller and I am generally less oily over my forehead, nose and chin (The greasy trifecta) and have to blot a lot less throughout the day.

TL:DR -

Yay's!!!
-Less Oily!
-No breakouts/rogue pimples!
-Works well with other serums!
-Possibly smaller/ less noticeable pores!

Nay's:
-Must be left to sink in for at least 10 mins - not part of a fast morning routine.
- Can feel a bit sticky

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just noticed I am running low on this and bought more from the Deciem site. If you are like me and have oily skin, sensitive skin and have struggled with acne breakouts for as long as you can remember, buy this. After 5 weeks of consistent use once a day at night in combination with their salicylic acid 2% in the mornings, I have seen a very significant improvement in my skin. Originally, I was using this AM and PM with the salicylic acid at the same time, but that was way too much for my skin. Once daily for each in combination with their hyaluronic acid and cerave pump moisturizer, my skin has never been better. I do incorporate other things into my routine, but these are my staples now. I do think it took time for my skin to get used to this new routine, roughly 3 weeks. I was getting my usual breakouts, but noticed that they went away in 3 to 4 days instead of the usual 9 to 12. I stayed consistent and I am so glad I did. From what I understand, the niaciniamide makes your skin undergo cell turnover, which can take time to get used to, but I am no expert. Im happy to have discovered this brand and their products. My skin has been a serious struggle since I was about 18 and I am 32 now. I have tried everything short of accutane (I refused it) to get clear skin. I never thought something less than $10 would do the trick. The company's research is also impressive. If you buy their products, refer to their instructional chart, it tells you the best order to use your products in a routine. For reference I am obviously acne prone, oily, sensitive with some acne scarring on my cheeks.

on 1/4/2018 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for about two months now and I absolutely love it! I have dehydrated, clog-prone skin with an uneven skintone which I treat with retin-a since 1 1/2 years (i LOVE retin-a I am 35 years old and I have less fine lines than I had when I was 27 because of the retin-a). Since I do sometimes still get redness and peeling from the actives I use, I was looking for something to strengthen my skin and my derm recommended niacinamide to me. I started using olay moisturizers with spf in the mornings and I noticed that my skin did heal a lot quicker and was a lot more even toned. I wanted to up my dose of niacinamide so I decided to buy Paulas Choice Niacinamide Booster which I didn't like at all. it dried out my skin, even when mixed together with my olay moisturizer. I have waited a long time to finally try the ordinary`s niacinamide since I was scared that too much niacinamide just isn't for my skin. I was wrong. I LOVE this little affordable serum. it really evens out my skin so much, it kind of makes it look almost airbrushed. I use it on bare skin in the mornings under my moisturizer. I do wait for about 5 minutes before I apply my moisturizer, this way it won´t ball up at all! I also apply it under the ordinary`s squalane at night when I don't use my retin-a and I wake up to creamy, even-toned skin. I also feel that it helps with collagen since I also apply it underneath my eyes and I can't see any lines at all! I will definitely repurchase, I really enjoy this one! no clogging from this either! OH AND my skin is dehydrated but it still gets oily during the day. the oiliness is so much better with this product, it looks nice and glowy, not shiny anymore! I recommend to try to anyone with my skintype and/or age!

Update: I have been to my old work place yesterday and went to their restroom where they have a mirror which has HORRIBLE lighting, I HATED looking in there since my uneven skin texture would almost throw shadows lol (I once looked at my butt in it and i was traumatized for weeks and signed myself up in 2 fitness studios.. so... off topic but girls and guys, lighting matters SOO much when looking at yourself in the mirror so don't be too hard on yourself you probably look 100 x better in real life :) ) ANYWAYS when I washed my hands I did a double take! My face looked so so so much better than what it used to in this darn mirror! 70 percent more even textured and I dare to say 85 percent more even colored and I was only wearing a little concealer and powder and I used to wear a lot of foundation! please try this product, it is so inexpensive and if it works, it works WONDERS!

on 12/30/2017 12:01:00 PM

I don’t know why this is not rated higher honestly. You have to be consistent with it. I am oily and acne prone with hormonal acne. This serum has done wonders in making my skin just overall look younger and brighter. I don’t know if it has helped my acne but I think it does help oil control. It’s really light, feels great on the skin. Just make sure you let it sink in before moving onto the next step. I use this immediately after cleansing, let it sink in and then I apply any medications or moisturizer. I really love this product and the company!

I like this product. It did not cause me any break out. It helps with oil control, the product is really spreadable. But the con for me is that it dries to a more sticky silicony finish even tho theres no silicone in it.. hmm...

on 10/29/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Could not use it long enough to see if it delivers long term benefits for my skin. It broke me out after trying it on the first time.
A waste of money. Well- at least not a lot of money.