Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.4

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 8/23/2018 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This broke me out so I stopped using it immediately. Now I only use it on the single bumps I get but never use it on my whole face.

on 7/23/2018 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have never had issues with niacinimide before, but this burnt my face. I had some minor irritation the first time I tried it. I waited two days and reapplied again last night with HA serum and moisturizer over top. I literally had to get up at 1 am and wash my face. My skin is red and hugely irritated (not breakouts, not an allergic rash, just red and burnt with little dry patches all over what had been really good skin). Despite what they say, this is clearly not suitable for sensitive skin.

on 5/26/2018 8:37:00 PM

I really love this product BUT when it comes to The Ordinary, nothing is a one-size-fits-all kind of product. I have combination skin, t-zone is oily with visible pores and pre-menstrual acne flares, outer parts of face get a little dry and I am prone to seborrhoeic dermatitis and flaking around my nose, mouth and chin. Yes I know, sounds beautiful LOL

Anyway, as I have issues with oiliness and excess sebum production, pre-menstrual inflammatory acne lesions, and when SD appears in the summer there are hyperpigmentation issues to boot. Niacinamide, also called nicotinamide, is a variant of vitamin B3, niacin (or nicotinic acid). Applied topically in concentrations of 4% daily for 4 weeks, studies in Japanese women found consistently reduced rates of sebum production, decreased number of inflammatory acne lesions, and improvement in pigmentation issues. It's great stuff, and has certainly helped my skin look less oily and blotchy while reducing both the number of spots and the length of time they stay red and angry on my face. Best of all, it's quite cheap - I like TO's one since it's £5 for 30mls at 10% strength, whereas the Freederm gel is £5 for 10g of 4% strength. But still, it won't break the bank if you were to buy that one instead. I use this one just because I get the most for cheapest, and I like the little pipette design so I can mix a few drops into my moisturiser. I'm not convinced the addition of zinc does much but it is known to have antibacterial properties so maybe it is some help, who knows.

Most people will tolerate niacinamide well, but some people are sensitive to the niacin/nicotinic acid forms and this can cause flushing and irritation on the skin of some people. Niacinamide can be partially converted into niacin on the skin if it comes into contact with acids, like vitamin C treatments - or even naturally occurring ones in the skin's acid mantle. It's only a tiny amount but for people sensitive to it, it can cause the unpleasant symptoms noted above, and is why niacinamide doesn't agree with everyone.

So yes, some people will want to give niacinamide a miss. At least it is fairly cheap so you won't be left too out of pocket if it doesn't agree with you. Worth trying if you have issues with oily skin, inflammatory acne, or pigmentation issues and want to see if it helps!

on 5/15/2018 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin loves niacinamide. It gives me a glow and definitely helps my hormonal zits to go away quickly each month without leaving any redness behind. I was afraid I might find the 10% concentration to be too drying, but it's been fine. I'm not sure why the zinc is in here given that it has no proven skin benefits and seems to do nothing but precipitate into a white cast and interfere with makeup application, but whatever, it's $6, I'll deal.

on 3/26/2018 3:55:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, but it gave me horrible cystic acne.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm going through my 3rd bottle. I love this product and all the other products from The ordinary I tried until now.
I got a real skincare routine after experiencing some hormonal breakouts. I'm also taking evening primrose oil supplements, so I think my skin got better because I adopted a holistic approach.
Nevertheless, this was the first product I tried from the brand, and I felt an improvement: my pores are less visible, less clogged, my skin is more bright and a little less oily, more even. So I will be getting another bottle. This one stays.

on 1/24/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a scalp treatment and a possible alternative to my current 5% niacinamide serum (Stratia Rewind), but where this really shines is as a spot treatment for active acne. I tried putting on my whole face one evening and it really dried out my skin but I did notice the the acne I had shrank quite a bit. Since then, I've stuck the Rewind for all over my face, and only use this a aspot treatment. I've even used it to calm acne on my back.

I also use it to calm my scalp that gets itchy from seborrhic dermatitis in conjunction with anti-dandruff shampoo and Hada Labo Lotion to moisturize. After a shower I rub in some Hado Labo followed with 1-2 droppers of this serum. It seems to help calm the itch and niacinamide is supposedly good for scalp health.

I know other people say this is sticky but I haven't noticed it, its not as slick as my Stratia serum but glides just fine.

on 1/22/2018 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is ok for the price. However, I'm not 100% sold on the efficacy of the formula. It doesn't seem well formulated at all, not that I expected much for under $6. It feels quite sticky and tacky on my skin despite only using one or two drops. Anything I layer over it doesn't absorb into my skin and remains sticky as well. I found that over time it dried out my skin which made it more oily (my skin is oily/reactive and prone to dehydration, clogged pores, and acne). A plus is that it didn't cause any breakouts. I'll continue to use and update after I've used the entire bottle.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Like the poster below me, I too have a bad reaction to the high levels of niacinamide in this product. It's simply too much for my skin to handle and it breaks me out in rash-like acne that is difficult to treat. I say definitely do a patch test with this stuff before applying it to your entire face. I love the Ordinary and other products of theirs are hg status for me! Too bad this didn't work for me.

that's my second bottle of this. I've been using it for almost 1.5 years. I usually put it in the evenings on the areas that have spots or all over the face, the next day the redness disappears and the spots heal so much faster.
absorbs quickly, no smell, I put a serum (or other treatments like retinoid, lactic acid or other), a moisturizer and some oil sometimes over this. amazing stuff that really works for me and a great price.