Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 10/23/2018 5:28:00 AM

Recently I`ve been trying to introduce actives and simplify my skincare regimen, not only to benefit my skin, but also because I have found that expensive products rarely perform much better than something from the drugstore. I was ecstatic that Beautybay started carrying The Ordinary, because we cannot get this in Japan. I was a bit hesitant about the Niacinamde because I have heard some people have had adverse reactions. So I started introducing it in small quantities, twice a week, then built up the frequency. My skin has been finicky the past few months, but it has loved this. I haven`t experienced any tingling, irritation, or breakouts. I apply it directly to dry skin and my skin just drinks it up. Like a sponge, I kid you not! My skin looks more hydrated and plump with this, and it meshes really well with my other products. I use this in my evening routine, after pre-treatment with Biologique Recherche P50W followed by a first treatment essence (SK-II, Amore Pacific Vintage Lotion or Missha), then when my skin has soaked those up and is relatively dry, I bring on the Niacinamide. I wait a minute or so, then use an emulsion if my skin is drier than usual, or straight to moisturizer.(Biologique Recherche Creme Dermopurifyante). This routine has been working really well for me as the colder weather has kicked in. Please continue to stock this, Beautybay!!!

Je souffre d'acné kystique, de points noirs et de taches blanches. Je viens juste de commencer à l'utiliser avec quelques-uns de leurs produits. Je peux officiellement dire que ce produit est le meilleur traitement spot / points noirs / pores que j'ai jamais utilisé. même après seulement quelques jours d'utilisation :).
L'étiquette de prix de ce produit m'a rendu très sceptique des critiques que j'ai lues car il était si bon marché pour ce qu'il prétend. Mais peut officiellement dire qu’il fait ce qu’il est indiqué sur la bouteille… les taches sont apparues plus souvent sur mon menton, mais si l’on lit ce produit, il est dit qu’elles peuvent s’aggraver avant d’éclaircir les choses. Une fois les spots supprimés, ils disparaissent en une journée au lieu de durer plus d'une semaine.
Je recommanderais ce produit à quiconque souffre de boutons ou de points noirs. Cela a même amélioré mes pores.

on 9/28/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 8.5/10

This is the kind of skincare product that I think has made a difference, but I won't know for sure until I stop using it. This was given to me by a friend who had a bad reaction to it. A lot of users on Reddit have reported adverse reactions to this product, so I was prepared for stinging and irritation. However, I experienced neither. I don't have acne-prone skin at all, so I wasn't expecting any results. What I believe this has done is really smoothed my skin and given it a 'clear' appearance. I wouldn't repurchase it because I don't think I need it, but I'm glad I tried it.

on 8/23/2018 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This broke me out so I stopped using it immediately. Now I only use it on the single bumps I get but never use it on my whole face.

on 7/23/2018 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have never had issues with niacinimide before, but this burnt my face. I had some minor irritation the first time I tried it. I waited two days and reapplied again last night with HA serum and moisturizer over top. I literally had to get up at 1 am and wash my face. My skin is red and hugely irritated (not breakouts, not an allergic rash, just red and burnt with little dry patches all over what had been really good skin). Despite what they say, this is clearly not suitable for sensitive skin.

on 5/26/2018 8:37:00 PM

I really love this product BUT when it comes to The Ordinary, nothing is a one-size-fits-all kind of product. I have combination skin, t-zone is oily with visible pores and pre-menstrual acne flares, outer parts of face get a little dry and I am prone to seborrhoeic dermatitis and flaking around my nose, mouth and chin. Yes I know, sounds beautiful LOL

Anyway, as I have issues with oiliness and excess sebum production, pre-menstrual inflammatory acne lesions, and when SD appears in the summer there are hyperpigmentation issues to boot. Niacinamide, also called nicotinamide, is a variant of vitamin B3, niacin (or nicotinic acid). Applied topically in concentrations of 4% daily for 4 weeks, studies in Japanese women found consistently reduced rates of sebum production, decreased number of inflammatory acne lesions, and improvement in pigmentation issues. It's great stuff, and has certainly helped my skin look less oily and blotchy while reducing both the number of spots and the length of time they stay red and angry on my face. Best of all, it's quite cheap - I like TO's one since it's £5 for 30mls at 10% strength, whereas the Freederm gel is £5 for 10g of 4% strength. But still, it won't break the bank if you were to buy that one instead. I use this one just because I get the most for cheapest, and I like the little pipette design so I can mix a few drops into my moisturiser. I'm not convinced the addition of zinc does much but it is known to have antibacterial properties so maybe it is some help, who knows.

Most people will tolerate niacinamide well, but some people are sensitive to the niacin/nicotinic acid forms and this can cause flushing and irritation on the skin of some people. Niacinamide can be partially converted into niacin on the skin if it comes into contact with acids, like vitamin C treatments - or even naturally occurring ones in the skin's acid mantle. It's only a tiny amount but for people sensitive to it, it can cause the unpleasant symptoms noted above, and is why niacinamide doesn't agree with everyone.

So yes, some people will want to give niacinamide a miss. At least it is fairly cheap so you won't be left too out of pocket if it doesn't agree with you. Worth trying if you have issues with oily skin, inflammatory acne, or pigmentation issues and want to see if it helps!

on 3/26/2018 3:55:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, but it gave me horrible cystic acne.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm going through my 3rd bottle. I love this product and all the other products from The ordinary I tried until now.
I got a real skincare routine after experiencing some hormonal breakouts. I'm also taking evening primrose oil supplements, so I think my skin got better because I adopted a holistic approach.
Nevertheless, this was the first product I tried from the brand, and I felt an improvement: my pores are less visible, less clogged, my skin is more bright and a little less oily, more even. So I will be getting another bottle. This one stays.

on 1/24/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a scalp treatment and a possible alternative to my current 5% niacinamide serum (Stratia Rewind), but where this really shines is as a spot treatment for active acne. I tried putting on my whole face one evening and it really dried out my skin but I did notice the the acne I had shrank quite a bit. Since then, I've stuck the Rewind for all over my face, and only use this a aspot treatment. I've even used it to calm acne on my back.

I also use it to calm my scalp that gets itchy from seborrhic dermatitis in conjunction with anti-dandruff shampoo and Hada Labo Lotion to moisturize. After a shower I rub in some Hado Labo followed with 1-2 droppers of this serum. It seems to help calm the itch and niacinamide is supposedly good for scalp health.

I know other people say this is sticky but I haven't noticed it, its not as slick as my Stratia serum but glides just fine.

on 1/22/2018 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is ok for the price. However, I'm not 100% sold on the efficacy of the formula. It doesn't seem well formulated at all, not that I expected much for under $6. It feels quite sticky and tacky on my skin despite only using one or two drops. Anything I layer over it doesn't absorb into my skin and remains sticky as well. I found that over time it dried out my skin which made it more oily (my skin is oily/reactive and prone to dehydration, clogged pores, and acne). A plus is that it didn't cause any breakouts. I'll continue to use and update after I've used the entire bottle.