Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

4.6

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 9/5/2018 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I jumped on the Ordinary bandwagon and just went crazy. By far, this brand is one of the best skincare finds of the century. Most of the products worked well for me and considering the price, I really don't have any complaints. However, as always, some products work better than others.

This one was middle-of-the-road for me. I think it did calm my skin somewhat and I noticed that I've stopped having acne. However, that could also be due to the retinol. Since I have so many skincare products, more than I can possibly use up, I think I would prefer having niacinamide as part of a different product, instead of having to use one separately (thus increasing the length of my skincare regime.)

This product actually works.
I put it in the morning & night. I noticed that my face is alot fairer and brighter every morning after using it religiously for about 1 week? However the effect stops after you stop using it. I also noticed that my blemishes have faded abit.
As the price is quite affordable, i would recommend it. If it doesn't work then you won't be too sad about the waste of money hahaa.

So i how i use it is: Toner > Hydrating Essence> Ninacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% > Moisturizer > Sunblock.
However i notice abit of ' wet flakes ' , i don't really know how to describe it but it's like when you do a scrub, you get those clump of dead skin ?? Just abit of it after applying my moisturizer. Not really a big deal for me as it's quite a good product to me.

I may or may not repurchase as i want to try other similar product, maybe in the future i will repurchase as i really quite like this product.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I want to start by saying that I have never reviewed a skincare product before. I have always been a lurker, but the time has come for me to give back to the community :)

My skin type is normal, and I don't really get that many spots besides the monthly harbinger of Aunt Flo. But as my darker-skinned sisters will know, these spots leave black scars that take months, sometimes years, to fade.

Previously I have used Murad (eek! not good for my bank account) and lemon juice (it worked okay but I stopped using it after I learnt how damaging it was for my skin). They made a little bit of difference. I really, really wanted to find something that would banish my black PIH once and for all because I hate being this insecure about my skin and reliant on expensive makeup made by unethical companies. So I gave the Ordinary's pigmentation regime a try, exactly as recommended on the website. I have been religiously using these little potions for the past four months or so. Besides Niacinamide, these are MAP, Azelaic Acid and Alpha Arbutin. I have been using them together so this review is for the combination.

You can see a before and after pic on my profile, taken three months apart. The proof is in the pudding as they say! I am so happy to have found this brand. I never used to leave the house without heavy coverage foundation and concealer even to buy groceries...and now I do!

My full routine:
AM
Wash face with Kobi San soap (also a HG for me now with lightening properties)
Apply Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide, MAP, mineral AND chemical sunscreen, makeup

PM
Double cleanse - massage almond oil to dislodge makeup, remove with tissue
Then wash with Kobi San soap
Alpha Arbutin, Azelaic Acid

NB You absolutely MUST use sunscreen at all times, even if you're just lounging about in the house as these products WILL make your skin extra sensitive to the sun and if you don't protect adequately, the pigmentation will get even darker. I use two different ones together, one with physical UV filters and a chemical one. Physical sunscreen does not need to be reapplied but can easily be rubbed off, and chemical sunscreen needs to be reapplied every two hours but doesn't rub off. So I combine them together.

Also, I did get a few large painful cystic acne about a month or so after I began using the Ordinary but they stopped, and imo it was a small price to pay for literally having my face transformed.

I have an oily, red & stubborn skin. Not much products works well on me. But this product works so well on my skin. It reduces the redness & smoothen out my skin texture. I fell so hard for this product & will definitely re purchase!

on 4/30/2018 4:45:00 AM

This serum is so hyped up online but I really don't get why. Been using it for nearly 5 months now, and haven't seen any noticeable reduction in oiliness (in fact, I'm slightly oilier than before) or any textural improvements.

Maaaybe it did help to lighten my pih faster but I'm also using the elf hydrating essence, which contains nicinamide and honestly I saw brightening results only after I added the latter to my routine.

Guess this is ok but no reason to repurchase when so many essences and moisturizers contain nicinamide already

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Attention to anyone who loves La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo: this is a great alternative and at a fraction of the price. Niacinamide and zinc are one of the top few ingredients in Effaclar Duo so this is a wonderful dupe of sorts. Of course, this doesn't moisturise so much as the effaclar duo, so an extra step might be required.

My skin loves niacinamide as an anti-acne solution, much more than salicylic acid or tea tree or any of the other usual ingredients touted as acne solutions, so this is absolutely perfect for me. It sinks in like a serum, helps with hyper pigmentation and evening out my skin tone, keeps acne away, doesn't clog up pores or make my skin feel heavy, the price and packaging is great, what's not to love?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I began using this to treat some spots that I had in my face. I'm 53, no wrinkles at all, normal skin. At the time I began using it (past January) I also had some rosacea areas, that I had treated with an antibiotic cream with some success (some rosacea remained after the prescribed treatment). Well, this stuff made my sun spots less noticeable, but I keep buying and buying it (I'm in my third bottle) because it made the rosacea disappear completely.
Just a few drops work, don't use too much or it will ball. It's a great product for a more than fair price. Highly recommended.

on 12/10/2017 2:32:00 AM

I have been using this for a couple of months now and I can’t complain.. it made my skin less oily and almost zero breakout .. AMAZING RESULTS
A little drop goes a long way
I highly recommend for oily and acne prone skin
I have ordered already since it’s always out of stock :-)

on 9/9/2017 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily skin and this stuff definitely helps me, it keeps the shine away for a few good hours. I haven't seen any pores minimizing action yet, but it i excellent for keeping me matte. I would repurchase!

on 8/2/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Nothing topical will change how much sebum your skin produces. Products might help with the appearance of shine, but that's about it. That said, I had realistic expectations re. this product and have not been disappointed. Niacinamide has been shown to be at least as effective as clindamycin gel in the treatment of mild to moderate acne, assuming your acne is the inflammatory kind. Otherwise it's a great product for general skin health. I layer lots of products on and haven't had an issue with this pilling, following the thin to thick rule. As a rule of thumb I go liquids before lipids and it has worked well for me. TO makes many affordable products but unfortunate many of them are terribly formulated and very cosmetically inelegant. All things considered, I feel that this is actually one of their better offerings but YMMV.