Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

3.2

on 12/10/2017 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product has helped prevent my skin from breaking out, especially if I’ve been using other skincare products that have aggravated my skin. Like once I used a face oil that made me break out, thus serum helped keep them at bay. Once I stopped using this serum and continued with the face oil, I broke out even more. But if I’ve been using good skincare products that don’t break me out or irritate my skin, I don’t really see a difference when I use this. In fact, I feel like if I use this too much (twice a day, for example), I feel like I’m breaking out a little more. I think it’s a great value for what it does though and if it works for you, great! If this doesn’t work, at least buying it doesn’t break the bank. I do wish this had worked out for me.

Also, like many would’ve said - this balls up if you apply too much by accident or apply another product or two underneath (eg. a toner, essence or another serum). I find it easy to prevent though, by making sure I don’t apply too much and patting the product in as opposed to rubbing.

on 10/25/2017 11:30:00 AM

I'm a little surprised at all the tepid reviews on MakeupAlley because this particular product is frequently sold out online/in stores and is talked about quite a bit. I've been using it for several months now and seeing as it's been used in combination with a bunch of other products (also from the Ordinary) it's hard to single this one out as doing particularly anything, but I'm convinced it has contributed to reducing the overall oil levels of my skin and making my skin look smoother and more even-toned - this combined with the Alpha Arbutin 2% and the Rosehip Seed Oil means that my PIH spots go away relatively quickly (don't forget sunscreen though!) and overall my skin just seems much happier with this in my routine. Also it's not very easy to find niacinamide at this kind of concentration level so that's a bonus. I will say though that the bottle is pretty small - at 30ml you go through this pretty quickly if you're applying 2 drops everyday as I do in the mornings, though the overall affordability of the Ordinary's products still makes this a worthy purchase and a must-try if you're struggling with PIH or dull and uneven skintone.

on 10/24/2017 7:24:00 AM

This product is supposed to help with acne/acne scars but I believe this has made it worse, for the first time in a while after using this product I started breaking out severely. I started getting whiteheads everywhere on my face and painful cyst. Do not buy if acne prone invest into better brands or more organic brands, such as Avene or La Roche Posay.

This is hands-down one of the best treatment I've used so far in my battle with acne. I've been using this every morning after cleaning my face and applying with Salicylic Acid 2% for 2-3 weeks and my skin has never looked better in years!

I was getting depressed about my hormonal and cystic acne because I've tried everything (including Retinol) that my dermatologist recommended and nothing worked better than this combo.

I've even went through PMS and menstruation with my skin looking almost flawless! I've went outside in full daylight without wearing make-up. Also, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is the ONLY treatment I've tried so far that actually has an effect on reducing sebum.

I have a huge problem with that and nothing worked so far in reducing my sebum production on my forehead, which usually looks like you could fry chicken on it, until now. After 2-3 weeks of using this regiment I can honestly say my skin is back to normal and I'm completely in awe as I never expected The Ordinary products to be this good. I'm completely hooked.

on 9/5/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the third product of origin i have used. Its for minimising the pores. The first time i used, it has obviously result on my skin. I dont know why people had bad experience about this but if u suffer from acnes, scars, and maybe ur skin is oily, highly recommended! Ps: its only 9.95Aud! Very cheap for a serum in Australia

on 9/4/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It relatively cheap and was able to last me for about 3-4 months. After using my pores become smaller and face do not get oily as fast. It is very fluid and absorbs very quickly into the skin and do not leave my skin feeling dry nor oily. The packaging is really hygienic too since it comes with a dropper. The only bad part of the packaging is that it is unable to pick up the product when there is only a little bit left.

However, this product is rather to difficult to buy in Singapore and I have to get it online from ASOS which may not always have stocks. The shipping rate from the company is crazy expensive and not worth it.

on 8/21/2017 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Another the ordinary product that has actually made my skin worse! Giant blacKheads and huge pores! The buffet gave me cystic acne, so If you are acne prone, stay away from this...

on 8/20/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It pills! The ordinary's regimen is based on skincare layering, however you most definitely
definitely cannot layer with this product. I've tried so many different ways to make this product work but....it pills! It also makes my skin feel very dry, tight and itchy. Love so many of the ordinary products but this one did not work for me. There are better formulated products with niacinamide as they key ingredient out there like Paula's Choice Niacinamide Booster. If you're after brightening and acne treatment I find the The Ordinary's Advanced Retinoid 2% a much better product.

I know this product's effectiveness seems to vary widely. But on my combination aging skin it's amazing! I still get oilier in the summer and get monthly breakouts and this product really helps clear up my skin and lessens imperfections. It's goes on easily so it can be layered and for me it's not irritating but I know that depends on your skin type.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My skin is not sensitive and no product I have ever used has broken me out before, but within a few days I broke out heavily all across my face with painful pimples. I have oily combination skin and thought it might have been purging but after reading other reviews I realised that it was causing these pimples out of nowhere. I stopped using it after 2 weeks and my skin returned to its normal state. While I love the packaging and price, this product was so terrible for my skin.