Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.2

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Big, giant cystic breakouts o my chin. No, thanks!

on 11/3/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately, though I love that The Ordinary created a simple niacinimide serum and the price is reasonable, it broke me out and I could not use this on my face. I patch tested this on the far right side of my face where my skin is always clear and never breaks out, and after a few days of putting this there, I broke out in several pimples just in and around that area and nowhere else. I have niacinimide in my daily sunscreen (and that niacinimide does its job of brightening and evening my skin tone!) so my skin isn’t new to niacinimide. I also deducted a star because I was using it on bug bite hyperpigmentation and it didn’t seem to do much, though I was only using it 2-4 times a week probably.

3 stars because it’s still niacinimide in cheap form, and, assuming it has at least some effectiveness, I’m using it on my scalp to help to promote hair growth. It may also work better as a face serum for non acne prone facial skin when used regularly.

Niacinamide is best for the skin at around 4% or 5% concentration, not 10%.

This is way too strong, which is probably why people are reporting adverse effects.

How I use it, is I dilute it: I take two drops of this stuff, and mix it with three drops of a serum. (Don't use a serum with lots of actives - I just add it to a hyaluronic serum.) Then apply to the face. I haven't had any kind of bad skin reaction when I dilute it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Well, use it to control my acne and so far I had my monthly acne. I am afraid to say nothing controls my acne. This is cheap and it might help for someone else, not me.

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and I could see a difference almost immediately. I do not have sensitive skin so I haven't noticed any irritation, although there's a slight stinging/cooling sensation when you first apply, but nothing painful at all. I had some initial purge and now my skin is clearer and more balanced oil wise than it's been in years, acne scars are fading and my skin tone seems overall more even. All of those effects are great but the biggest difference for me is in makeup longevity -- I have a very oily T-Zone which can usually break down the best foundations by the afternoon but using this in the morning my foundation lasts all day! I'm even able to use a dewy setting spray for a more natural look for the first time ever. Price is amazing will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It did nothing to me, my skin didn't get worse or better. At the time I was using it I used it for my oily t-zone were I got a lot of pores and small pimples. I didn't like the sticky consistency either.

on 10/9/2018 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Skin type: Sensitive, acne prone, oily skin.

I had a terrible breakout with this one. My entire face was full with pimples! It was crazy. It broke me out within 7 days of using it (day and night).

on 10/5/2018 2:14:00 AM

I’m not entirely sure what this does for me. It hasn’t faded any scars but my skin appears more even and less red. But that might be the result of my other products. I do feel like my pores get congested faster when I use this on consecutive nights.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been looking for this product for so long after reading such good reviews about it. I found one in Myer and bought it straight away! I've been using it for a week and have noticed that it faded acne scars and other discoloration on my face. It's so much cheaper compared to other products so it's definitely a MUST BUY. 10/10!

on 9/19/2018 11:05:00 AM

I’m fairly new to paying attention to my skin when I began to develop red patches. When I first started using this it really did a number—I was red and burning and in pain. Basically the same reaction that so many other people seem to get. Coincidentally, I was also trying another product developed by a dermatologist that came with extensive instructions about introducing it slowly as you should with any new product. So I did with this one too and sure enough I now tolerate it well and it’s taken care of any redness on my face. The redness returned when I stopped using it for a bit and disappeared when I started again. I’m now on my fourth bottle.