Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.3

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 9/19/2018 11:05:00 AM

I’m fairly new to paying attention to my skin when I began to develop red patches. When I first started using this it really did a number—I was red and burning and in pain. Basically the same reaction that so many other people seem to get. Coincidentally, I was also trying another product developed by a dermatologist that came with extensive instructions about introducing it slowly as you should with any new product. So I did with this one too and sure enough I now tolerate it well and it’s taken care of any redness on my face. The redness returned when I stopped using it for a bit and disappeared when I started again. I’m now on my fourth bottle.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I heard great things about this product and opted to buy it after using and being pleased with some of their other direct acids and primers.

However, this product doesn't do much for me at all.. in fact, my face starts peeling almost immediately. As I'm introducing it to my skin, can see where it's beginning to dry and peel and that's not good. I'm sure it's due to the high concentration, but I mix it with mild lotion to dilute it down.

I used it Monday night (Sept. 17, 2018) and I plan on throwing it out.

on 9/15/2018 7:16:00 AM

I have dry dehydrated skin and use this as my serum step. It took me about 3.5 months to finish this. I apply 2 drops, 2 times a day.

It initially reduced some of the redness on my cheeks. I felt like it just plateaued afterwards.

The texture is sticky but it's not the last step of my routine so that wasn't an issue for me.

I did not find this to be very moisturising. I read somewhere that it may be the zinc that is drying.

It's good to know that my skin doesn't have any issues with Niacinamide but I won't purchase. I'll be looking for other products that have Niacinamide in it.

I have used up an entire bottle of this in hopes I would see results. Unfortunately, I have not. It doesn’t harm my skin from what I can tell but it also doesn’t benefit me in any way.

on 8/24/2018 4:59:00 PM

I have pretty bad acne on my forehead. The rest of my skin is generally perfect but my forehead is covered in black and white heads with large, painful, red, cystic acne. I bought a selection from the ordinary and it's really worked for me and I think mainly because of this. I only use it on my forehead in the mornings and sometimes evenings and at first I had a huge breakout but was too desperate to write it off and it actually paid off because while I do still get black heads and large pores, the painful acne and huge white heads are gone so for me, that's a win.

The other things I bought:

Glycolic acid toner 7%
5% Retinol in Squalene
Azelaic acid in suspension 10%
AHA 30% and BHA 2% peeling solution

I found this product when I was suffering a phase of adult acne. After 1 week, my acne started clearing and this has remained a staple for 1 year. My skin is smoother and acne marks appear to fade quicker too. Great value for money - I bought 7 bottles to get free shipping after my first bottle ran out. Lasts a really long time too. 4 stars as it dries to a sticky finish. I overcome this by following with moisturizer.

on 7/30/2018 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product a few days ago because my acne was getting really bad. After two days of using this, my acne definitely cleared up. I followed the directions and applied it morning and night after I washed my face. But today I felt that my skin had this dry feel to it. I looked at my mirror and saw that my skin was flaky. I'm not sure if it's because I used it too often or that I did not put on a moisturizer after that. I'm disappointed that it made my skin dry.

on 7/26/2018 11:29:00 PM

Nope. No thanks. I used it for the first time last night and now 24 hours later I have large, painful pimples all over my face. It's my first time trying a product from The Ordinary and I still have 2 more sitting on my bathroom counter I'm terrified to try.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Using this as a serum didn't do anything for me, not for pores and not for oiliness. However, when using on the odd blemish, it does help to flatten and calm down, however if you dab too much it will be visible as a white smudge once dried, which you can get away with overnight, but during the day - not so much! Previously I was using Paula's Choice Glycolic 10% but this was too harsh for bumps behind the ears/back of neck, it would irritate them more, unlike The Ordinary Niacinamide + Zinc which is gentle enough for sensitive areas. For this alone I would re-purchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

THIS IS THE WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER PUT ON MY FACE. (No, I'm not exaggerating)
Bought this along with salicylic acid according to one of the skincare regimen from The Ordinary website. I only put 8 drops on the course of 2 days on my face and then suddenly my face is filled with a lot of tiny itchy white bumps (YES, THE WHOLE FACE). I immediately stop using the products and treat my face with some bentonite clay followed with pure squalane oil. The day after, I found a micellar water that once caused the exact same reaction. Turned out it has niacinamide in it as well (I only used it once). So, the problem is niacinamide for me. I actually asked around to some friend who had used The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% a person said that it didn't cause any reaction but didn't do anything to her skin as well. So, I compared my skin to hers and do a bit of research. Turned out I have fungal acne and she doesn't. So, my assumption now is maybe it reacted horribly due to my fungal acne (Just an assumption).