Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.4

on 4/16/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this every day twice a day blended together with TO azelaic acid, salicylic acid, moisturizing factors or my sunscreen and at night I add a drop or 2 of the granactive retinoid 5%. This combo has cleared and brightened my post pregnancy skin and has helped fade my melasma quite a bit as well. I'm not expecting any miracles there from an otc product but this combo has definitely helped. I've tried layering all of these individually but combining them into one serum seems to work fine and takes up way less time.This is a nice booster to my skin care and I'll keep buying it as long as they keep making it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited about this product from all the reviews and raves. Recently I only have had few a cystic pimple here and there and hyperpigmentation from them. However, this product broke me out in several small pimples which I have not done for a year and in places I usually do not break out. At first, I was hoping it was skin turnover however my skin was not getting any better and so I stopped. I really wanted to like ordinary products as they were cheap.

on 3/13/2018 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This seems to be the only thing that keeps my hormonal acne at bay without irritating my skin. I only apply it to the lower half of my face though as I find it dries my skin just a tad. Highly recommend this product and I hope they never discontinue.

on 3/13/2018 12:21:00 AM

Love it. Every morning 4 drops mixed in day moisturiser and that’s it, never had a better skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I depend on this serum to keep my skin clear. As a hormonal acne sufferer, I discovered a while back that niacinamide is kind of a wonder drug for me, especially because my skin has developed a sensitivity to acids. Zinc is also awesome for calming irritation, which I get a lot of, so it's actually a great combo. I use this product every morning under rosehip oil and moisturizer. It helps with inflammation, redness, and acne, all of which are major issues for me.
Honestly what makes this product my go to is in part the price, but also the fact that it's silicone and oil free, so everything I put on top of it has a chance to work, too. The formula is really, really basic, so it plays well with a variety of textures -- just don't mix with vitamin C! All in all, I highly recommend this, and if you're still not convinced, for the price it's a worthy gamble.

on 3/7/2018 1:05:00 AM

This product completely changed my life. About 6 months after finishing a course of accutane I started getting hormonal acne on my chin. After using this regularly I do not get any pimples. NONE! Amazing!!! I have not done anything else differently but add this to my routine. Love it.

stings the hell out of my skin
turns my skin bright red after using

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I apply a tiny drop of this to cover my entire face and it helps keep me matte throughout the day. It helps soothe active pimples but I don't believe it does anything to prevent them. This is a great serum. I rotate this with their salicylic acid at night. Will keep buying.

on 1/23/2018 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

One day after using this serum for 2 months I caught a glimpse of my face in a mirror at the drugstore one day and was both delighted and dismayed. Why? While it does lighten very well, in fact, I could not see my melasma at all but my skin was so so dry. This serum has zinc and that's not so great for someone with dehydration prone skin. Niacinamide is extremely effective on melasma and I recommend this to anyone with oily or combo skin. My skin felt smooth but it looked textured and my pores were HUGE because my skin was so dehydrated. I've moved on to Holy Snails will do a review on that in March 2018

on 1/21/2018 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First, I have combination skin and I am a medium brown skin tone with a few sunspots and scars. I am sharing this post because I had to learn through mistakes on how to properly use this product. So hope this helps.

Initially, I would clean my face and put two or three drops directly onto my skin and massage it in. My skin looked dry, dull and flaky as a result as the product was too strong.

I went back to the deciem store and had to ask what I was doing wrong. Apparently, you don't put this product directly onto your skin! ( well no one told me...) here are the steps: 1. You put two drops on your palms. 2. Rub your palms together 3. Pat the product onto your skin. That said, I ended up picking up a hyulauranic acid during my trip to the store as it helps the skin retain moisture and niacinamide absorbs into the skin better. My routine now is first hyularanic then the niacinamide followed by my face cream. So here goes: step 1. 2-3 drops of hyulauronic acid on my palm 2. Rub palms together 3. Pat product onto face. Give it a few seconds to sink in. Then follow the same process for niacinamide. After about a min, apply your face cream as your normally would. My skin looks so refreshed and my scars are down by 70%! Cheers...hope this helps!