Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

4.1

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this daily for about a month and it has been amazing for my super oily skin. I am so, so happy I found it! I squirt about half a pipette into my usual blob of EltaMD UV Clear sunscreen in the morning, apply (making sure I cover my t-zone well), wait for it to dry, and then put on makeup (liquid foundation with a beauty sponge). I have never had an issue with it pilling or balling up. My makeup lasts so long because I BARELY get oily!! I previously had to blot basically all day long and now I blot once, MAYBE twice the whole day. I'm so excited about this product. I think it may be lightening my acne scars and brightening a bit as well, but the most noticeable result has definitely been for my oily skin. Also, I am very acne prone and it has not broken me out. So happy this works so well!

I'm on my second bottle so I think I can review the Niacinamide and give a true response. I use it on the nights that I don't use my retin-a, so that is every other night. I have noticed that my pores are smaller, my hooded eyelids aren't drooping as much and my skin seems a bit tighter. I follow it with The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%*B5. I've been using Retin-a for a long time so I can't say that this is all from the Niacinamide but for the price I'll keep using it.

on 5/29/2018 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Can be drying if you go overboard, but definitely clears up congested, clogged skin after a couple days of use. I use it once per day when I feel my skin needs to be purified. I will cleanse, use my chemical exfoliant (wait 15 min), then hyaluronic acid, then this (wait for it to sink in) and then moisturizer or an oil.

on 4/27/2018 8:45:00 PM

I recently began using this product again. I used it a long time ago and thought it to be the cause of some minor breakouts so I stopped and the breakouts stopped, however they have since changed the formula so I thought I'd give it another go. So far I have used this for over two weeks and no pimples or breakouts have occurred. My skin actually looks more clear and bright and I've had no issues so far! I am very happy because I wanted a niacinamide booster so badly and the Paula's Choice one is insanely expensive and unfortunately not vegan. Based on the fact they reformulated the product I would recommend this one for acne-prone skin types.

on 3/20/2018 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this after reading about The Ordinary products online, and finding it on sale at Priceline.

I don't use it every day, as I alternate between this and my Glycolic Souffle. I've noticed a remarkable improvement in my skin texture and a reduction in the number of spots I get. I use it before I put on my moisturiser in the evening, but have also used it during the day. It spreads quite thin and you don't need a lot. If you put too much on, it can feel a bit drying and funny.

There's a bit of a smell, but that disappears quite quickly.

I have taken to recommending this to friends who are looking for a cheap, do-it-all product. Give it a go and if you don't like it, all you've wasted is $10.

Like the woman in the picture, my skin has gotten significantly brighter, and if you struggle with large and dark pores, then this is your jam! It brightens them and other reddish discolourations. When you smear it on, your skin will get a little red, but after you’ve slept, next morning the skin is so bright! I recommend really rubbing it in.

I don’t struggle with acne anymore and my skin is on the drier side so I use this with a standard moisturizer on top. I let it dry first for 10-20 minutes and then apply my moisturizer.

I would not use it in the morning as your skin gets sensitive to the sun, and sunscreen only work if you reapply many times throughout the day.

All in all a fave of mine ❤️

on 3/3/2018 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is SO good for my skin. It;s basically vitamin B in a bottle. LOVE it...and the price is amazing

on 2/27/2018 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using retin-a as tretinoin prescription medication for 5 months now. I've gone through that horrible initial breakout. That may be why the reviews for this product are not as great as I would have expected-- people who havent used vitamins a,b, and c will have breakouts for a few weeks from this.

This stuff is seriously amazing. I've had family members notice the improvement in my skin since using this. My zits (and cysts) last a third of the time when i apply this and the oil control is seriously INSANE. I stain my pillows yellow with sebum (tmi) but with this it has reduced to the point i blot only once a day.

Using vitamins A, B, and C will cause irritation and breakouts at first, but if you stick with it, it will be worth it. And if you really can't bear it, the price is right. It's a no risk product.

I really wanted to like this product, but there's something about it that doesn't agree with my face. It causes some redness and irritation, enough to cause additional breakouts. My thought is it's the niacinamide, since I also have issues with Cerave PM.

In less than two weeks this transformed my skin completely! It feels a bit sticky and tacky, also stings my skin a bit still. I always follow up with a moisturizer, since this doesn't leave me feeling quenched. However, the long term results are amazing; significantly less breakouts, less visible pores, less redness of skin, and most amazingly: has faded many of my acne scars on my cheeks. I will purchase this until I die, and recommend it to anyone with congested skin issues. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is a life saver!
I put 4 in packaging, since it's very difficult to get the remaining product out. A pump suspension would be great.

I uploaded a photo of my "before and after", which is from using the following products: Salicylic Acid 2%, Lactic Acid 10%, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, Granactive Retinoid 5%, Vitamin C 23% + HA spheres 2% and AHA 30% + BHA 2%.
I put it up on this product, since I definitely see it working wonders on my acne scars and blemishes, which you can clearly see (no photoshop!). It's a HG product.