Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 11/20/2018 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Sadly, I seem to be one of the people who break out from this. Had a weird reaction the one time I tried it, I got a face full of small whiteheads that didn't really look like my regular acne pattern, along with some redness, irritation and dryness. I have had that kind of reaction a few times before, generally stress-related, and concluded that something in the base of this just does not agree with my skin at all.

I have used products with niacinamide regularly before and really enjoyed them, as well as zinc, so I don't think either of the two active ingredients are the culprit here, to be clear - I think it's something else in the serum base.

Clearly, this is a product that does work very well for some people, so I would just recommend patch testing before going full ham on your entire face. I gave my bottle to a friend who loves it and recommended it, she has gone through several bottles and seen really good results on her clogged pores and texture since she started using it, so it's not a bad product at all. It just doesn't work well for every skin, and which product does?

on 9/26/2018 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this after hearing rave reviews for acne. I however had a bad experience. It gave me cystic acne that I assumed was a purge initially, but after a few weeks of use there was no improvement. As soon as I stopped my skin cleared, other than the usual hormonal breakouts related to my cycle. I have since swapped this out for the salycilic acid 2% and along with the hyaluronic acid I have been using the whole time, I've definitely noticed an improvement in my skin.

So for those who this product gives those cystic pimples (seems to be a few), try the salycilic acid and hyaluronic acid.

My husband did try this product though and noticed an improvement in his skin, but we don't know if it's the niacinamide or the hyaluronic acid.

on 8/30/2018 11:52:00 AM

This is great, such a good value for money yet super effective. I have really sensitive skin, but at the same time I have been having some problems whit larger pores and some blackheads, and this product made my pores almost completely disappear and my skin cleared up after using it a short while, whiteout irritating my skin. When I run out of it I'm 100% going to buy it again, and I would recommend it to anyone I know.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Give it time. I thought I didn't love it at first because it was a bit drying to my already dry skin, a little tacky, and in no way moisturizing. But in time, I noticed a difference in my pores and overall skin barrier!!! I noticed a difference when I take it out of my routine so I need to use it regularly-- even daily. I usually notice a difference in 1-2 weeks. Worth it!!!

on 7/30/2018 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't think this product does anything for my skin. I read beforehand that one should not use if with Vit C as it cancels out this product. After more than a month of use I don't see any difference in my skin.

I read somewhere that the brand does not always use the same supplier? As such each bottle used can be different? This is a bit concerning if true.

Won't repurchase this.

on 7/26/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I credit this product for helping to clear up a particularity nasty cystic acne breakout in the spring of 2017. I used this product religiously for months, but I may have developed a sensitivity to Niacinamide during my months of heavy heavy use. Some others have had issues with this product causing breakouts, so YMMV. Assuming I am not actually sensitive to niacinamide, I may give this product another go.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was drawn to The Ordinary due to a friends recommendation, and also the low price attracted me! I really enjoyed using this serum. It made my skin feel smooth and look radiant. My pore size looks smaller after using this for a month, and fine lines are plumped. It is a really fluid light serum, and I use it under my day moisturizer and SPF. Love this product!

on 6/26/2018 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I've never reacted to a product this way, I think I must be allergic. The product gave me tiny bumps all over the face, it was pretty scary. They didn't show up on the first use, only on the second and fortunately they went away after a couple of days. I'm giving it two out of five simply because I don't know if it's a simple allergic reaction or if there's some bad ingredient in there that could be switched up to something else less irritating. Then again I do believe this could work for some people, it's also highly inexpensive and I do like The Ordinary as a brand.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this daily for about a month and it has been amazing for my super oily skin. I am so, so happy I found it! I squirt about half a pipette into my usual blob of EltaMD UV Clear sunscreen in the morning, apply (making sure I cover my t-zone well), wait for it to dry, and then put on makeup (liquid foundation with a beauty sponge). I have never had an issue with it pilling or balling up. My makeup lasts so long because I BARELY get oily!! I previously had to blot basically all day long and now I blot once, MAYBE twice the whole day. I'm so excited about this product. I think it may be lightening my acne scars and brightening a bit as well, but the most noticeable result has definitely been for my oily skin. Also, I am very acne prone and it has not broken me out. So happy this works so well!

I'm on my second bottle so I think I can review the Niacinamide and give a true response. I use it on the nights that I don't use my retin-a, so that is every other night. I have noticed that my pores are smaller, my hooded eyelids aren't drooping as much and my skin seems a bit tighter. I follow it with The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%*B5. I've been using Retin-a for a long time so I can't say that this is all from the Niacinamide but for the price I'll keep using it.