Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

3.8

on 9/9/2017 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily skin and this stuff definitely helps me, it keeps the shine away for a few good hours. I haven't seen any pores minimizing action yet, but it i excellent for keeping me matte. I would repurchase!

on 8/9/2017 8:25:00 AM

I am 33 and my skin is still pretty much as oily as it was when i was 15. I don't have acne anymore, just monthly breakouts with 1 or 2 small zits.
But my pores are large and my makeup is "sliding" after a couple of hour of wear which sucks. I've used primers with little sucess, even high-end ones.
I decided to buy this instead. Since i only wash my face at night (i have sensitive/reactive skin) i only apply the serum at night before my La Roche Posay Toleriane face lotion. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and i am noticing a difference: my makeup holds better and my complexion seems clearer but i still have a nice healthy glow.
I tried using it twice a day like they say you should but it irritated my skin so if you are like me, use it once a day and it will be sufficient.

EDIT: after one week i had to stop using it, it broke me out (tiny little bumps with white heads) so i can't use it anymore...Disappointed.

on 8/2/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Nothing topical will change how much sebum your skin produces. Products might help with the appearance of shine, but that's about it. That said, I had realistic expectations re. this product and have not been disappointed. Niacinamide has been shown to be at least as effective as clindamycin gel in the treatment of mild to moderate acne, assuming your acne is the inflammatory kind. Otherwise it's a great product for general skin health. I layer lots of products on and haven't had an issue with this pilling, following the thin to thick rule. As a rule of thumb I go liquids before lipids and it has worked well for me. TO makes many affordable products but unfortunate many of them are terribly formulated and very cosmetically inelegant. All things considered, I feel that this is actually one of their better offerings but YMMV.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I had a lot of dark spots on my cheeks, most of them were PIH I guess. I was sooo desperate to look for something that could erase these spots. I tried bunch of others products, but none of them did work. Then I started to try the new formula one (without carrageenan). I used it day & night under my moisturizer. It's been 3 weeks, I saw tiny little differences on my cheeks. The spots became less red but have not completely disappear. I think this one works slowly on my skin. It really helped to lighten the skin tone and made my skin so smooth. I was prone to break out before I use this, but no more break out after I used this. I will continue to use it & wish the PIHs will be gone forever!

ps: It did not break me out at all.

on 6/19/2017 2:56:00 PM

I'm halfway through my first bottle of this serum and I can say that it has helped my skin 100%. My pores are smaller, I have basically zero acne, I'm much less oily and the overall appearance is brighter and smoother. I use it in combination with The Buffet serum every morning and have had no irritation at all. I'm so glad to have found something that makes my 35 year old skin look amazeballs. And the fact that it's only a few dollars doesn't hurt either.

on 5/18/2017 12:19:00 AM

I'm in my 30s and have acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin. I have been using this serum right after cleansing every night for 2 weeks. I noticed that my pores are smaller, there is less congestion on my face, and it has helped with hormonal acne about 30%.

I did notice some peeling but it was very slight. I also do follow this product with "Buffet" but was skipping my moisturizer.

Overall I can see myself using this product long term. It's nothing that will give you amazing or instant results. However it has improved my skin about 30% which is a lot more than most products have done for my skin.

I am always surprised at the opposite opinions on some products. Obviously skincare is something really individual, but from my experience one needs to be patient and consistent. And products can't work by themselves, they need to be combined with something else, introduced gradually and so on. I use this product in the morning cocktailing it with the alpha-arbutin from the same company. I use acids in the evening. Because of the high concentration of niacinamide I had to introduce it slowly to my skincare routine and at first I used it after my morning serum because if used together with the arbutin, it would burn my skin a little. I got used to it in a matter of a week. I've been using it for about a month, and although it is extremely difficult to see a difference in the skin complexion when looking at myself everyday in the mirror, I can definitely say that the sun spots I have on my forehead are starting to break. It is true that I am using other "whitening" products, but I can say for sure that the biggest difference I've seen is after introducing these two products in my routine. And knowing that melasma is extremely stubborn, it will take awhile to really clear my skin (as much as possible).

on 5/11/2017 2:46:00 AM

I'm loving the product. A few weeks ago I was having really bad breakouts. Acne scarring can take age to disappear, and I feel that after using this product it has really faded my scarring after only about a week and a half of using it. It does have a slightly sticky feeling and tightness after application but that goes away especially with a moisturizer on top. Love the packaging as you are able to dispense just a few drops which is all you need. I've been applying this day and night along with the hyaluronic acid after cleaning and toning. I then follow it with a moisturizer and I love the results. Will be recommending to my friends.

on 5/5/2017 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try The Ordinary products and may have went a bit overboard buying them because they were so cheap. I am a little annoyed I bought two of these bottles because I won't be using the second one. I had a similar experience to another reviewer saying that at first it made my skin tone appear less red and more even/clear, but then I started getting painful cysts/nodules on my face. I would say this all started happening about 2 weeks into using this product daily. I've been using the Effaclar system with pretty great results, but wanted something extra just to help with some redness and scarring. Although BP works for me, I do hate the bleaching/drying aspect of it and was looking for an alternative that would help keep me clear.

I do not recommend this if you have acne prone skin. I am currently now dealing with a huge scar from one of the worst cysts of my life after using this product. The 3 other nodules on my face are finally healing after discontinuing use from this product. I also thought perhaps it was something else breaking me out, so I put this product on my neck only and lo and behold, huge zit on my neck where I usually never break out.

I'm sure there's a reason these products are so inexpensive and it's probably because they don't actually work and haven't actually been really tested on anyone yet.

on 3/13/2017 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It did not do anything for me. I used for 3 months and could not see any difference. It has a wonderful texture and it served as a primer for my dry skin.