Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.8

on 6/24/2018 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have tried many products from the Ordinary (and continue using quite a few of them), but if I had to choose only one to continue using for the rest of my life, that would definitely be their Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. I am on my third bottle now and today I bought another two as a backup.
I had very oily skin when I started using Niacinamide regularly. Right now I describe my skin as combination, but it's actually quite normal on some days. My T-zone is never VERY oily anymore. And I do believe that this serum from the Ordinary helped a lot with my skin's sebum production. As a result, my pores around the nose and chin look visibly smaller.
I usually use this product once a day, in the morning, as the first thing that goes on my skin after washing it. Other serums, SPF, and moisturizer go on top of it. Niacinamide does not effect the application of other products or my makeup at all. It is, however, important to remember to not use it together with Vitamin C products.
On the days when my skin tends to be more problematic, breaks out or suddenly produces more oil (usually around my period), I use this product twice a day. My breakout is ALWAYS visibly diminished in the morning if I used Niacinamide the evening before. I would really like to continue using it twice a day every day, but I'm a little worried that my skin might get used to it too much and the product will become less effective. So far my skin has been loving it! I highly recommend trying it for anyone who has oily skin, enlarged pores, and/or suffers from hormonal breakouts.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of those super confusing products that on first application has the potential to be deemed useless. You know what I mean? With more sensory products such as oils, masks or rich creams some basic part of you goes "ooh that feels like its doing something". Where as this Hyaluronic Acid serum, which is pretty much scentless and has a gloopy transparent appearance when dropped out of its pipette, immediately sinks in to your skin and your skin just feels, well, normal. Being that it's a water based product it completely absorbs and dries to leave your skin feeling as naked and fresh as it does straight after cleansing. But do not be fooled. It's packed with clever science and is a real hero product.

on 4/30/2018 4:45:00 AM

This serum is so hyped up online but I really don't get why. Been using it for nearly 5 months now, and haven't seen any noticeable reduction in oiliness (in fact, I'm slightly oilier than before) or any textural improvements.

Maaaybe it did help to lighten my pih faster but I'm also using the elf hydrating essence, which contains nicinamide and honestly I saw brightening results only after I added the latter to my routine.

Guess this is ok but no reason to repurchase when so many essences and moisturizers contain nicinamide already

I don't get pimples very often and when I do they're usually pretty small but my skin looks like a mess because even the tiniest pimple that you can barely see leaves a dark mark that seems to last FOREVER.

Since I started using this, I haven't had any zits except for one, which went away before it amounted to anything, and more importantly, it didn't leave a mark!

As for the marks that are already there, this product seemed to fade them a little bit, but I've seen better results in that area since I added Vitamin C back into my routine. I did notice my skin looking brighter and smoother on this product alone.

The first week or two of using this I felt some mild tingling, and it's still a bit drying to the skin. I use this in the morning so I've swapped my day and night creams because of that.

I like the packaging. The little glass bottle is cute and fits nicely in my medicine cabinet. It's easy to control the amount of product you get and nice that you're not fighting with a pump that gets clogged or contaminating the product by sticking your fingers in it. The serum itself is easy to apply quickly and evenly.

I know some people have complained this broke them out but for me it was the total opposite, and since the product is so inexpensive I think it's worth a shot.

on 4/16/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this every day twice a day blended together with TO azelaic acid, salicylic acid, moisturizing factors or my sunscreen and at night I add a drop or 2 of the granactive retinoid 5%. This combo has cleared and brightened my post pregnancy skin and has helped fade my melasma quite a bit as well. I'm not expecting any miracles there from an otc product but this combo has definitely helped. I've tried layering all of these individually but combining them into one serum seems to work fine and takes up way less time.This is a nice booster to my skin care and I'll keep buying it as long as they keep making it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited about this product from all the reviews and raves. Recently I only have had few a cystic pimple here and there and hyperpigmentation from them. However, this product broke me out in several small pimples which I have not done for a year and in places I usually do not break out. At first, I was hoping it was skin turnover however my skin was not getting any better and so I stopped. I really wanted to like ordinary products as they were cheap.

on 1/23/2018 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have had mild acne at times and have been using this for two weeks, I had decided to try this along with the AHA BHA peel. Since I started using I have developed two incredibly painful cysts in places I've never had (just above top lip and a cm under my eye) along with a dozen other pimples scattered across my face. My skin didn't have any breakouts prior to using either. I don't know what this is but it isn't a purge. My skin also feels awful like the texture is rough. Sadly I need to discontinue. I really wanted this to work :(

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Attention to anyone who loves La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo: this is a great alternative and at a fraction of the price. Niacinamide and zinc are one of the top few ingredients in Effaclar Duo so this is a wonderful dupe of sorts. Of course, this doesn't moisturise so much as the effaclar duo, so an extra step might be required.

My skin loves niacinamide as an anti-acne solution, much more than salicylic acid or tea tree or any of the other usual ingredients touted as acne solutions, so this is absolutely perfect for me. It sinks in like a serum, helps with hyper pigmentation and evening out my skin tone, keeps acne away, doesn't clog up pores or make my skin feel heavy, the price and packaging is great, what's not to love?

on 12/21/2017 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love how it makes my face glossy and smooth. Helps with rosacea and redness. However it causes pilling especially when using makeup. My 13 year old daughter is addicted to this one. Helps treat her acne

on 12/10/2017 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product has helped prevent my skin from breaking out, especially if I’ve been using other skincare products that have aggravated my skin. Like once I used a face oil that made me break out, thus serum helped keep them at bay. Once I stopped using this serum and continued with the face oil, I broke out even more. But if I’ve been using good skincare products that don’t break me out or irritate my skin, I don’t really see a difference when I use this. In fact, I feel like if I use this too much (twice a day, for example), I feel like I’m breaking out a little more. I think it’s a great value for what it does though and if it works for you, great! If this doesn’t work, at least buying it doesn’t break the bank. I do wish this had worked out for me.

Also, like many would’ve said - this balls up if you apply too much by accident or apply another product or two underneath (eg. a toner, essence or another serum). I find it easy to prevent though, by making sure I don’t apply too much and patting the product in as opposed to rubbing.