Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Big, giant cystic breakouts o my chin. No, thanks!

on 9/26/2018 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this after hearing rave reviews for acne. I however had a bad experience. It gave me cystic acne that I assumed was a purge initially, but after a few weeks of use there was no improvement. As soon as I stopped my skin cleared, other than the usual hormonal breakouts related to my cycle. I have since swapped this out for the salycilic acid 2% and along with the hyaluronic acid I have been using the whole time, I've definitely noticed an improvement in my skin.

So for those who this product gives those cystic pimples (seems to be a few), try the salycilic acid and hyaluronic acid.

My husband did try this product though and noticed an improvement in his skin, but we don't know if it's the niacinamide or the hyaluronic acid.

on 9/19/2018 11:05:00 AM

I’m fairly new to paying attention to my skin when I began to develop red patches. When I first started using this it really did a number—I was red and burning and in pain. Basically the same reaction that so many other people seem to get. Coincidentally, I was also trying another product developed by a dermatologist that came with extensive instructions about introducing it slowly as you should with any new product. So I did with this one too and sure enough I now tolerate it well and it’s taken care of any redness on my face. The redness returned when I stopped using it for a bit and disappeared when I started again. I’m now on my fourth bottle.

This product actually works.
I put it in the morning & night. I noticed that my face is alot fairer and brighter every morning after using it religiously for about 1 week? However the effect stops after you stop using it. I also noticed that my blemishes have faded abit.
As the price is quite affordable, i would recommend it. If it doesn't work then you won't be too sad about the waste of money hahaa.

So i how i use it is: Toner > Hydrating Essence> Ninacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% > Moisturizer > Sunblock.
However i notice abit of ' wet flakes ' , i don't really know how to describe it but it's like when you do a scrub, you get those clump of dead skin ?? Just abit of it after applying my moisturizer. Not really a big deal for me as it's quite a good product to me.

I may or may not repurchase as i want to try other similar product, maybe in the future i will repurchase as i really quite like this product.

on 6/24/2018 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have tried many products from the Ordinary (and continue using quite a few of them), but if I had to choose only one to continue using for the rest of my life, that would definitely be their Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. I am on my third bottle now and today I bought another two as a backup.
I had very oily skin when I started using Niacinamide regularly. Right now I describe my skin as combination, but it's actually quite normal on some days. My T-zone is never VERY oily anymore. And I do believe that this serum from the Ordinary helped a lot with my skin's sebum production. As a result, my pores around the nose and chin look visibly smaller.
I usually use this product once a day, in the morning, as the first thing that goes on my skin after washing it. Other serums, SPF, and moisturizer go on top of it. Niacinamide does not effect the application of other products or my makeup at all. It is, however, important to remember to not use it together with Vitamin C products.
On the days when my skin tends to be more problematic, breaks out or suddenly produces more oil (usually around my period), I use this product twice a day. My breakout is ALWAYS visibly diminished in the morning if I used Niacinamide the evening before. I would really like to continue using it twice a day every day, but I'm a little worried that my skin might get used to it too much and the product will become less effective. So far my skin has been loving it! I highly recommend trying it for anyone who has oily skin, enlarged pores, and/or suffers from hormonal breakouts.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of those super confusing products that on first application has the potential to be deemed useless. You know what I mean? With more sensory products such as oils, masks or rich creams some basic part of you goes "ooh that feels like its doing something". Where as this Hyaluronic Acid serum, which is pretty much scentless and has a gloopy transparent appearance when dropped out of its pipette, immediately sinks in to your skin and your skin just feels, well, normal. Being that it's a water based product it completely absorbs and dries to leave your skin feeling as naked and fresh as it does straight after cleansing. But do not be fooled. It's packed with clever science and is a real hero product.

on 4/30/2018 4:45:00 AM

This serum is so hyped up online but I really don't get why. Been using it for nearly 5 months now, and haven't seen any noticeable reduction in oiliness (in fact, I'm slightly oilier than before) or any textural improvements.

Maaaybe it did help to lighten my pih faster but I'm also using the elf hydrating essence, which contains nicinamide and honestly I saw brightening results only after I added the latter to my routine.

Guess this is ok but no reason to repurchase when so many essences and moisturizers contain nicinamide already

I don't get pimples very often and when I do they're usually pretty small but my skin looks like a mess because even the tiniest pimple that you can barely see leaves a dark mark that seems to last FOREVER.

Since I started using this, I haven't had any zits except for one, which went away before it amounted to anything, and more importantly, it didn't leave a mark!

As for the marks that are already there, this product seemed to fade them a little bit, but I've seen better results in that area since I added Vitamin C back into my routine. I did notice my skin looking brighter and smoother on this product alone.

The first week or two of using this I felt some mild tingling, and it's still a bit drying to the skin. I use this in the morning so I've swapped my day and night creams because of that.

I like the packaging. The little glass bottle is cute and fits nicely in my medicine cabinet. It's easy to control the amount of product you get and nice that you're not fighting with a pump that gets clogged or contaminating the product by sticking your fingers in it. The serum itself is easy to apply quickly and evenly.

I know some people have complained this broke them out but for me it was the total opposite, and since the product is so inexpensive I think it's worth a shot.

on 4/16/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this every day twice a day blended together with TO azelaic acid, salicylic acid, moisturizing factors or my sunscreen and at night I add a drop or 2 of the granactive retinoid 5%. This combo has cleared and brightened my post pregnancy skin and has helped fade my melasma quite a bit as well. I'm not expecting any miracles there from an otc product but this combo has definitely helped. I've tried layering all of these individually but combining them into one serum seems to work fine and takes up way less time.This is a nice booster to my skin care and I'll keep buying it as long as they keep making it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited about this product from all the reviews and raves. Recently I only have had few a cystic pimple here and there and hyperpigmentation from them. However, this product broke me out in several small pimples which I have not done for a year and in places I usually do not break out. At first, I was hoping it was skin turnover however my skin was not getting any better and so I stopped. I really wanted to like ordinary products as they were cheap.