Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.6

on 4/30/2018 4:45:00 AM

This serum is so hyped up online but I really don't get why. Been using it for nearly 5 months now, and haven't seen any noticeable reduction in oiliness (in fact, I'm slightly oilier than before) or any textural improvements.

Maaaybe it did help to lighten my pih faster but I'm also using the elf hydrating essence, which contains nicinamide and honestly I saw brightening results only after I added the latter to my routine.

Guess this is ok but no reason to repurchase when so many essences and moisturizers contain nicinamide already

I don't get pimples very often and when I do they're usually pretty small but my skin looks like a mess because even the tiniest pimple that you can barely see leaves a dark mark that seems to last FOREVER.

Since I started using this, I haven't had any zits except for one, which went away before it amounted to anything, and more importantly, it didn't leave a mark!

As for the marks that are already there, this product seemed to fade them a little bit, but I've seen better results in that area since I added Vitamin C back into my routine. I did notice my skin looking brighter and smoother on this product alone.

The first week or two of using this I felt some mild tingling, and it's still a bit drying to the skin. I use this in the morning so I've swapped my day and night creams because of that.

I like the packaging. The little glass bottle is cute and fits nicely in my medicine cabinet. It's easy to control the amount of product you get and nice that you're not fighting with a pump that gets clogged or contaminating the product by sticking your fingers in it. The serum itself is easy to apply quickly and evenly.

I know some people have complained this broke them out but for me it was the total opposite, and since the product is so inexpensive I think it's worth a shot.

on 4/16/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this every day twice a day blended together with TO azelaic acid, salicylic acid, moisturizing factors or my sunscreen and at night I add a drop or 2 of the granactive retinoid 5%. This combo has cleared and brightened my post pregnancy skin and has helped fade my melasma quite a bit as well. I'm not expecting any miracles there from an otc product but this combo has definitely helped. I've tried layering all of these individually but combining them into one serum seems to work fine and takes up way less time.This is a nice booster to my skin care and I'll keep buying it as long as they keep making it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited about this product from all the reviews and raves. Recently I only have had few a cystic pimple here and there and hyperpigmentation from them. However, this product broke me out in several small pimples which I have not done for a year and in places I usually do not break out. At first, I was hoping it was skin turnover however my skin was not getting any better and so I stopped. I really wanted to like ordinary products as they were cheap.

on 1/23/2018 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have had mild acne at times and have been using this for two weeks, I had decided to try this along with the AHA BHA peel. Since I started using I have developed two incredibly painful cysts in places I've never had (just above top lip and a cm under my eye) along with a dozen other pimples scattered across my face. My skin didn't have any breakouts prior to using either. I don't know what this is but it isn't a purge. My skin also feels awful like the texture is rough. Sadly I need to discontinue. I really wanted this to work :(

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Attention to anyone who loves La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo: this is a great alternative and at a fraction of the price. Niacinamide and zinc are one of the top few ingredients in Effaclar Duo so this is a wonderful dupe of sorts. Of course, this doesn't moisturise so much as the effaclar duo, so an extra step might be required.

My skin loves niacinamide as an anti-acne solution, much more than salicylic acid or tea tree or any of the other usual ingredients touted as acne solutions, so this is absolutely perfect for me. It sinks in like a serum, helps with hyper pigmentation and evening out my skin tone, keeps acne away, doesn't clog up pores or make my skin feel heavy, the price and packaging is great, what's not to love?

on 12/21/2017 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love how it makes my face glossy and smooth. Helps with rosacea and redness. However it causes pilling especially when using makeup. My 13 year old daughter is addicted to this one. Helps treat her acne

on 12/10/2017 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product has helped prevent my skin from breaking out, especially if I’ve been using other skincare products that have aggravated my skin. Like once I used a face oil that made me break out, thus serum helped keep them at bay. Once I stopped using this serum and continued with the face oil, I broke out even more. But if I’ve been using good skincare products that don’t break me out or irritate my skin, I don’t really see a difference when I use this. In fact, I feel like if I use this too much (twice a day, for example), I feel like I’m breaking out a little more. I think it’s a great value for what it does though and if it works for you, great! If this doesn’t work, at least buying it doesn’t break the bank. I do wish this had worked out for me.

Also, like many would’ve said - this balls up if you apply too much by accident or apply another product or two underneath (eg. a toner, essence or another serum). I find it easy to prevent though, by making sure I don’t apply too much and patting the product in as opposed to rubbing.

on 9/9/2017 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily skin and this stuff definitely helps me, it keeps the shine away for a few good hours. I haven't seen any pores minimizing action yet, but it i excellent for keeping me matte. I would repurchase!

on 8/9/2017 8:25:00 AM

I am 33 and my skin is still pretty much as oily as it was when i was 15. I don't have acne anymore, just monthly breakouts with 1 or 2 small zits.
But my pores are large and my makeup is "sliding" after a couple of hour of wear which sucks. I've used primers with little sucess, even high-end ones.
I decided to buy this instead. Since i only wash my face at night (i have sensitive/reactive skin) i only apply the serum at night before my La Roche Posay Toleriane face lotion. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and i am noticing a difference: my makeup holds better and my complexion seems clearer but i still have a nice healthy glow.
I tried using it twice a day like they say you should but it irritated my skin so if you are like me, use it once a day and it will be sufficient.

EDIT: after one week i had to stop using it, it broke me out (tiny little bumps with white heads) so i can't use it anymore...Disappointed.