Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.5

on 12/11/2017 3:29:00 PM

This is amazing stuff and for $6 I am impressed. I suffer from adult acne. I bought this at the Abnormal Beauty Company and haven’t looked back since. My skin cleared in two days using this serum with a Retinoid. All that’s left are some scars, which I will report back on.

My regime with 15min between each step:
AM: Vitamin C with hyaluronic acid, Cosrx snail mucin, moisturiser.
PM: Niacinamide 10%, Granactive Retinoid 2%, Cosrx snail mucin, moisturiser.

on 12/10/2017 11:11:00 AM

I am on my second bottle of this. I do not get breakouts anymore (upside of aging) but I still have large pores and they certainly got smaller after I added this to my routine. You do need to apply it carefully if you layer it over other products and not use too much and pat it on instead of rubbing it but that is a very small inconvenience given the results.

on 12/10/2017 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product has helped prevent my skin from breaking out, especially if I’ve been using other skincare products that have aggravated my skin. Like once I used a face oil that made me break out, thus serum helped keep them at bay. Once I stopped using this serum and continued with the face oil, I broke out even more. But if I’ve been using good skincare products that don’t break me out or irritate my skin, I don’t really see a difference when I use this. In fact, I feel like if I use this too much (twice a day, for example), I feel like I’m breaking out a little more. I think it’s a great value for what it does though and if it works for you, great! If this doesn’t work, at least buying it doesn’t break the bank. I do wish this had worked out for me.

Also, like many would’ve said - this balls up if you apply too much by accident or apply another product or two underneath (eg. a toner, essence or another serum). I find it easy to prevent though, by making sure I don’t apply too much and patting the product in as opposed to rubbing.

on 12/10/2017 2:32:00 AM

I have been using this for a couple of months now and I can’t complain.. it made my skin less oily and almost zero breakout .. AMAZING RESULTS
A little drop goes a long way
I highly recommend for oily and acne prone skin
I have ordered already since it’s always out of stock :-)

on 12/5/2017 8:18:00 AM

I use this daily with TO's Alpha Arbutin and MAP. It was originally considered as part of a hyperpigmentation routine but I find it amazing at controlling oiliness and shine. I've been using it now for around 8-9 months and the difference at the end of the day is quite significant and just keeps improving with time. In conjunction with the AA the hyperpigmentation is also fading. I don't get any breakout or reaction, I don't notice any real smell, and I'm happy with how it feels on my skin (unmemorable, just absorbs really). I go through it fairly quickly, around a bottle a month-6 weeks, but I use everything all the way from my hairline to my cleavage (or what passes for it) so I do tend to use more. Really happy with it, part of my routine and will continue to use it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so excited for this product because I value products that are natural and effective, not too many chemicals. Well, let me tell you...this did not work how I expected. I used this for some time, trying clear up and brighten my face, I don't have heavy acne or anything just an occasional breakout here and there. But I literally got the worst reaction from this, my skin was painful, dry (i do moisturise everyday so that wasnt it), red, sore, there were little red bumps that looked like chemical burns on my hose and cheeks (i never ever break out on my nose or cheeks), it was not nice. I had to stop this immediately and it took a few days for my skin to get back to its normal state after stopping this and the second I stopped with this product my skin came back to its natural/good state.

Maybe it works for some but if you have dry, sensitive skin, I would be cautious when using this. Test it out first on a small area for a week.

on 11/15/2017 4:05:00 AM

I'm using several products from The Ordinary range, plus I'm back on the pill for a few months now so I cannot give credit to one product in particular, but my skin has cleared up something amazing. It could be entirely from the pill alone, but I doubt it.

Niacinamide has been shown to improve acne, zinc helps the healing process. This has high concentrations of both. You may find it irritating, in which case, use it less frequently or don't use it. In any case, it's good value for money.

on 11/30/2017 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I'm a dry skinned girl, not at all acne prone so I have added this into my skincare routine just to increase all round skin health. I find that it does help my pores being refined and leave my skin feeling overall hydrated, soft and healthy. I have repurchased serveral times and will continue to do so.

on 11/21/2017 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the third Niacinamide product I try, but I realize this ingredient is not for me. My skin does not like this at all. It’s a nono near the eyes (makes the area sooo dry) and the same for my chin, but the area around my nose seems to cope the best - and makes my pores less visible. But it comes with a flaky skin prize. Won’t buy again 😔

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like this. It is a thin serum that disappears on the face as soon as it's applied. You have to use a moisturizer afterwards. I picked it up because I have oily, acne-prone skin, and thought that would help. But I don't like how tight my face feels after I put it on. I really thought this could help but it doesn't prevent breakouts, quite the opposite. I used W3LL People Bio Skin Tint afterwards, because it's pretty rich and contains oil, and I thought that would counterbalance this. However, it broke me out in cystic pimples mid-day, and I could feel it under my makeup. It was pretty awful, all patchy and an oily mess. I'm thinking that my skin might dislike zinc, actually. Both these products contain zinc, and La Roche-Posay Serozinc does the opposite of what it's supposed to as well. So I understand that this might work for people who react well to zinc. I can't recommend it, but given the simple formulation, I still think that this is a decent product if you're looking to test these ingredients. For the price point, I'm not sorry that I did.