Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.0

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 6/26/2018 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I've never reacted to a product this way, I think I must be allergic. The product gave me tiny bumps all over the face, it was pretty scary. They didn't show up on the first use, only on the second and fortunately they went away after a couple of days. I'm giving it two out of five simply because I don't know if it's a simple allergic reaction or if there's some bad ingredient in there that could be switched up to something else less irritating. Then again I do believe this could work for some people, it's also highly inexpensive and I do like The Ordinary as a brand.

on 1/13/2018 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this serum because I was interested in a niacinamide product to replace my Cerave PM Moisturiser, which is extraordinarily difficult to find in the UK.

The price is fantastic on the serum (as with all The Ordinary products) and I love the aesthetic of the packaging because the fussy, pink extraness of so many other brands just turns me off. I use this after washing and applying a retinoic acid in the pm or a vitamin c serum in the am - this is the same step in my routine that I would use the Cerave. I found this to be a fine replacement for the Cerave. When I switched to this there was a slight improvement in the softness of my skin and no worsening of any other issues - so it is at least as efficacious as the more expensive moisturiser. However, I was not a fan of the texture of this serum - it is quite thick (it could not be used at an earlier stage in my routine) so I had to use about half a pipette to spread it comfortably - that amounts to a fair bit of product and I would estimate a bottle to last about a month. The SAs in the store suggested patting in a few drops and you can definitely use less product if you do that, but the thickness makes it hard to spread by patting and the product is quite tacky so patting it in is not a particularly pleasant experience. No matter how I applied it I found it to leave a tacky feel. This also did not play well with other products and would cause moisturiser to pill on top.

Overall this product worked and I finished about 3/4 of the bottle. I would recommend it to others as the lowest price efficacious niacinamide that I have ever used, but there are other products I prefer for the same step and I would not purchase again for myself.

I think The Ordinary is great if you want to try out specific actives without lots of extra ingredients or want something that works for a minimal cost. I am totally into the naming convention they use and vastly prefer the no nonsense frankness to the jargon and fluff other brands use. I have tried a few of their products; I love and continue to use their oils. I plan to try The Buffet serum and NIOD Copper Peptides next.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

PROS
- super affordable
- packaging is really hygienic and cute, easy to travel with too
- i found it evened out my skin tone a lot, I use this in the morning

CONS
- none, this is amazing, definitely recommend it

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Foams up on contact w skin and did nothing. Cerave Pm is more effective

Video Reviews & Tutorials