Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

3.8

on 9/22/2017 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am generally not acne-prone, but like clockwork, I would get a few giant bright red hormone-related zits on my chin and forehead monthly during my period. Or should I say, I used to get them.

Since adding this product to my routine once per day, approximately 5 days per week, I have not gotten a single zit. Not a one. Again, I am generally not acne-prone, but I never thought I'd be free of monthly hormonal blemishes. I was wrong.

For as cheap as this product is, it's worth giving a try.

on 9/20/2017 7:35:00 PM

I may be jumping the gun on this one as I've only just started using The Ordinary's Niacinamide formula, but so far it's brilliant. My skin is sensitive but relatively balanced now (unlike my teen years) but I still couldn't budge a cluster of blackheads on my nose and chin that just seem to stubbornly stay put, mocking me. Within a week of use these are already well on their way to clearing completely. My skin looks visibly more even, less congested and feels more balanced. I forgot to wear foundation to work yesterday because this product has worked so well so quickly.

It's also drunk proof as it only takes about 20 seconds to apply, so win win.

on 9/4/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It relatively cheap and was able to last me for about 3-4 months. After using my pores become smaller and face do not get oily as fast. It is very fluid and absorbs very quickly into the skin and do not leave my skin feeling dry nor oily. The packaging is really hygienic too since it comes with a dropper. The only bad part of the packaging is that it is unable to pick up the product when there is only a little bit left.

However, this product is rather to difficult to buy in Singapore and I have to get it online from ASOS which may not always have stocks. The shipping rate from the company is crazy expensive and not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've heard mixed reviews about this and I was nervous to try it.
I have (well, had) very oily skin, my face would shine within 30 minutes after applying my (matte) foundation. I must say I don't use powder very often, not on a daily basis. In the morning, of course, you could fry an egg on my face. Not to mention that as it got hotter, this got out of control (nothing new, happens every summer). Also, I live in a humid area so I was expecting that.
On their website, they claim that the best use is in the morning, but I'm a little rebellious and I use it only at night. My routine goes like that - take my make-up off, wash my face with a foaming gel, then pat my face a little, then it's Niacinamide time. Keep in mind that my skin is damp at that moment, because if it's completely dry, it clings weirdly.
Now - the magic... my skin got from extremely oily to combo. I still go oily, but not that much and not that quicker. Some days is more oily than others, but that depends on the weather, hormones etc.
I love this product and I recommend it to everyone with oily skin. FOR SURE I'll buy this again. Not to mention the affordability of this and their entire range.

on 7/24/2017 2:09:00 PM

I didn't really notice the effect of this serum at first. I thought I just have one of these "good skin" periods. Strangely, it ended as fasts as I finished the bottle. I bought another one and the effect came back. A radiant clear skin. I love it, love the price point and the clean simple packaging. Will repurchase as long as it would work on me.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do not have sensitive skin and couldn't believe the reaction I had to this (I should've read the reviews!) This gave me tiny, itchy oily bumps all over my forehead and chinline. It made me itch so bad I nearly bled from itching the rash. The little bumps were tiny white zits under the surface that couldn't be popped. I stopped using it for a month and then applied it only on the left side of my neck just to make sure it was this product, and It gave me itchy zits in my NECK! This does contain chlorphenesin which is a synthetic preservative actually banned in countries like Japan :/

on 6/25/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point which the Ordinary is known for. Not only are the ingredients potent but you can easily customize your own skincare if you are willing to do some research. I was excited to this product because I want to incorporate niacinamide into my routine. However, after using this for almost two months, I've come to the conclusion that this formulation simply does NOT work for my skin.

I have combo, acne prone skin which is easily prone to clogged pores. This serum leaves a sticky film residue which takes 15-20min for this serum to dry. No matter I much I try to dilute the product with other serums or use it to spot treat or layer it underneath I keep breaking out. I know I am not sensitive to niacinamide since I've used products containing it before so unfortunately this formulation does not work for me.

on 6/23/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Good news, bad news.
This does work at evening texture, filling pores, and slightly controlling oil. For all of that I loved it.
However, my skin apparently HATES Niacinamide. Hates it. (And it took me forever to figure out that this was the issue).
Granted, I have very finicky skin so it may work for some one else, and I am sad it doesn't work for me.
If you want to try this product I recommend that you try a travel size of Olay Moisturizing Lotion Sensitive Skin or another lotion or mask with niacinamide. There are TONS of them.

on 6/19/2017 2:56:00 PM

I'm halfway through my first bottle of this serum and I can say that it has helped my skin 100%. My pores are smaller, I have basically zero acne, I'm much less oily and the overall appearance is brighter and smoother. I use it in combination with The Buffet serum every morning and have had no irritation at all. I'm so glad to have found something that makes my 35 year old skin look amazeballs. And the fact that it's only a few dollars doesn't hurt either.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product really seems to be either hit or miss based on skin type. I know some people have experienced terrible breakouts after using this and I too got a big cystic pimple after the first time using it as well. After about a week, I decided to give it another shot and I'm very glad that I did.

I have very dry skin, but get hormonal acne around my period on my chin/jawline. I'm also prone to getting a lot of sebaceous filaments on my chin all the time. After using this on my chin daily and spot treating areas of other breakouts for about two months, I've noticed a substantial improvement in my skin. I no longer have sebaceous filaments on my chin and my hormonal acne, which normally consists of one or two cystic pimples, has been largely eradicated. This past month I only got one small surface pimple that I was able to clear up after a day.

I will definitely keep using this. Given the price point, its definitely worth checking out.