Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

In less than two weeks this transformed my skin completely! It feels a bit sticky and tacky, also stings my skin a bit still. I always follow up with a moisturizer, since this doesn't leave me feeling quenched. However, the long term results are amazing; significantly less breakouts, less visible pores, less redness of skin, and most amazingly: has faded many of my acne scars on my cheeks. I will purchase this until I die, and recommend it to anyone with congested skin issues. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is a life saver!
I put 4 in packaging, since it's very difficult to get the remaining product out. A pump suspension would be great.

I uploaded a photo of my "before and after", which is from using the following products: Salicylic Acid 2%, Lactic Acid 10%, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, Granactive Retinoid 5%, Vitamin C 23% + HA spheres 2% and AHA 30% + BHA 2%.
I put it up on this product, since I definitely see it working wonders on my acne scars and blemishes, which you can clearly see (no photoshop!). It's a HG product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I apply a tiny drop of this to cover my entire face and it helps keep me matte throughout the day. It helps soothe active pimples but I don't believe it does anything to prevent them. This is a great serum. I rotate this with their salicylic acid at night. Will keep buying.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Attention to anyone who loves La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo: this is a great alternative and at a fraction of the price. Niacinamide and zinc are one of the top few ingredients in Effaclar Duo so this is a wonderful dupe of sorts. Of course, this doesn't moisturise so much as the effaclar duo, so an extra step might be required.

My skin loves niacinamide as an anti-acne solution, much more than salicylic acid or tea tree or any of the other usual ingredients touted as acne solutions, so this is absolutely perfect for me. It sinks in like a serum, helps with hyper pigmentation and evening out my skin tone, keeps acne away, doesn't clog up pores or make my skin feel heavy, the price and packaging is great, what's not to love?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I'm on my 3rd bottle of this. It's a great basic serum for refining pores and pigmentation. Don't expect overnight results like some exfoliants and vitamin C formulas provide. It requires 3-6 weeks to see improvement, but I feel like it's a very worthwhile addition to my daytime routine.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I began using this to treat some spots that I had in my face. I'm 53, no wrinkles at all, normal skin. At the time I began using it (past January) I also had some rosacea areas, that I had treated with an antibiotic cream with some success (some rosacea remained after the prescribed treatment). Well, this stuff made my sun spots less noticeable, but I keep buying and buying it (I'm in my third bottle) because it made the rosacea disappear completely.
Just a few drops work, don't use too much or it will ball. It's a great product for a more than fair price. Highly recommended.

on 12/10/2017 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product has helped prevent my skin from breaking out, especially if I’ve been using other skincare products that have aggravated my skin. Like once I used a face oil that made me break out, thus serum helped keep them at bay. Once I stopped using this serum and continued with the face oil, I broke out even more. But if I’ve been using good skincare products that don’t break me out or irritate my skin, I don’t really see a difference when I use this. In fact, I feel like if I use this too much (twice a day, for example), I feel like I’m breaking out a little more. I think it’s a great value for what it does though and if it works for you, great! If this doesn’t work, at least buying it doesn’t break the bank. I do wish this had worked out for me.

Also, like many would’ve said - this balls up if you apply too much by accident or apply another product or two underneath (eg. a toner, essence or another serum). I find it easy to prevent though, by making sure I don’t apply too much and patting the product in as opposed to rubbing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so excited for this product because I value products that are natural and effective, not too many chemicals. Well, let me tell you...this did not work how I expected. I used this for some time, trying clear up and brighten my face, I don't have heavy acne or anything just an occasional breakout here and there. But I literally got the worst reaction from this, my skin was painful, dry (i do moisturise everyday so that wasnt it), red, sore, there were little red bumps that looked like chemical burns on my hose and cheeks (i never ever break out on my nose or cheeks), it was not nice. I had to stop this immediately and it took a few days for my skin to get back to its normal state after stopping this and the second I stopped with this product my skin came back to its natural/good state.

Maybe it works for some but if you have dry, sensitive skin, I would be cautious when using this. Test it out first on a small area for a week.

on 11/4/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've had great luck with this product. Recently I'd been experiencing breakouts and noticed some large pores; I've loved everything I've tried from The Ordinary so I decided to try this treatment. Not only have my breakouts almost completely cleared up in the one week I've been using this, but the overall texture of my skin has improved so, so much. My skin looks smoother and clearer and is BABY SOFT. And I've literally only used one single drop of it per day. I mix one drop into my moisturizer, apply and let sink in for 30 minutes before doing my makeup. I haven't noticed a change in the size of my pores but I know how difficult it is to shrink pores and I'm so happy with the performance of this product otherwise that I don't even mind. It helps that the bottle will last me ages and cost $5.90. I'm so happy I tried it!

on 10/29/2017 12:42:00 PM

Great under makeup before primer. Keeps my combo yet sensitive skin matte all day.

on 10/29/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Could not use it long enough to see if it delivers long term benefits for my skin. It broke me out after trying it on the first time.
A waste of money. Well- at least not a lot of money.