Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.7

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 9/28/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 8.5/10

This is the kind of skincare product that I think has made a difference, but I won't know for sure until I stop using it. This was given to me by a friend who had a bad reaction to it. A lot of users on Reddit have reported adverse reactions to this product, so I was prepared for stinging and irritation. However, I experienced neither. I don't have acne-prone skin at all, so I wasn't expecting any results. What I believe this has done is really smoothed my skin and given it a 'clear' appearance. I wouldn't repurchase it because I don't think I need it, but I'm glad I tried it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Well. That did nothing. I started getting a bit of acne and overall redness on my skin, and was recommended this product by a friend. Nothing happened after about a month of use. Stopped using it and my skin felt more moisturised, I guess that really says it all.

on 9/15/2018 7:16:00 AM

I have dry dehydrated skin and use this as my serum step. It took me about 3.5 months to finish this. I apply 2 drops, 2 times a day.

It initially reduced some of the redness on my cheeks. I felt like it just plateaued afterwards.

The texture is sticky but it's not the last step of my routine so that wasn't an issue for me.

I did not find this to be very moisturising. I read somewhere that it may be the zinc that is drying.

It's good to know that my skin doesn't have any issues with Niacinamide but I won't purchase. I'll be looking for other products that have Niacinamide in it.

Ingredients to this product are fantastic & has good value however performance is POOR!

I saw no difference to my skin after finishing this product. Texture stayed the same. It didn't brighten any pigmentation or help get rid of blemishes...Nothing.

Actually my face struggled to absorb this serum...and I don't have dry or flaky skin! And because it never fully absorbed there would always be pilling...so I would have to apply this at night.

Overall In my experience this is one of the worst products from the Ordinary...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was extremely excited to try this product. I had read rave review about it, heard numerous praises, not to mention that it was recommended for acne prone skin like mine. People on youtube were calling it a holy grail product. So I had really high hopes.
I had read that it's not uncommon for your skin to go through a "purging" phase, so I wasn't too upset when I saw that I had gotten a few blemishes. But the problem is that the "purge" never actually stopped... for over 2 months, while I tried the product. So it wasn't an actual purge. I gave it a shot for over 2 months, and every single time I used the product, I got acne. I stopped using it and my skin cleared. Then, after using it again, it went crazy with acne all over again. And they were nasty, under the skin, painful ones, too.
I didn't see any improvement in my skin - no difference in pores, no brightening, no redness reduction, nothing. So it did absolutely nothing for my skin, apart from breaking me out like crazy. I tried using it in different ways - on its own, mixed in with other products, on dry skin, on wet skin, at the beginning of my skincare routine, near the end of my skincare routine... Nothing made it work better.
Sad to say that it was a complete fail for me.

I have used up an entire bottle of this in hopes I would see results. Unfortunately, I have not. It doesn’t harm my skin from what I can tell but it also doesn’t benefit me in any way.

on 6/24/2018 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have tried many products from the Ordinary (and continue using quite a few of them), but if I had to choose only one to continue using for the rest of my life, that would definitely be their Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. I am on my third bottle now and today I bought another two as a backup.
I had very oily skin when I started using Niacinamide regularly. Right now I describe my skin as combination, but it's actually quite normal on some days. My T-zone is never VERY oily anymore. And I do believe that this serum from the Ordinary helped a lot with my skin's sebum production. As a result, my pores around the nose and chin look visibly smaller.
I usually use this product once a day, in the morning, as the first thing that goes on my skin after washing it. Other serums, SPF, and moisturizer go on top of it. Niacinamide does not effect the application of other products or my makeup at all. It is, however, important to remember to not use it together with Vitamin C products.
On the days when my skin tends to be more problematic, breaks out or suddenly produces more oil (usually around my period), I use this product twice a day. My breakout is ALWAYS visibly diminished in the morning if I used Niacinamide the evening before. I would really like to continue using it twice a day every day, but I'm a little worried that my skin might get used to it too much and the product will become less effective. So far my skin has been loving it! I highly recommend trying it for anyone who has oily skin, enlarged pores, and/or suffers from hormonal breakouts.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this daily for about a month and it has been amazing for my super oily skin. I am so, so happy I found it! I squirt about half a pipette into my usual blob of EltaMD UV Clear sunscreen in the morning, apply (making sure I cover my t-zone well), wait for it to dry, and then put on makeup (liquid foundation with a beauty sponge). I have never had an issue with it pilling or balling up. My makeup lasts so long because I BARELY get oily!! I previously had to blot basically all day long and now I blot once, MAYBE twice the whole day. I'm so excited about this product. I think it may be lightening my acne scars and brightening a bit as well, but the most noticeable result has definitely been for my oily skin. Also, I am very acne prone and it has not broken me out. So happy this works so well!

I'm on my second bottle so I think I can review the Niacinamide and give a true response. I use it on the nights that I don't use my retin-a, so that is every other night. I have noticed that my pores are smaller, my hooded eyelids aren't drooping as much and my skin seems a bit tighter. I follow it with The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%*B5. I've been using Retin-a for a long time so I can't say that this is all from the Niacinamide but for the price I'll keep using it.

on 6/4/2018 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I've bought 2 bottles of it and I've just finished the first one (2.5 months, used 1/day). Initially I thought it was working very well as I got fewer breakouts but I'm no longer sure, perhaps my skin got used to it or something else is messing me up. But I will keep on using it and may change my review once I'm done with the 2nd bottle. I've tried using it 2/day but I found that it wasn't working well under sunscreen and make-up. The packaging is a simple dropper - I think a pump would be more suitable as it's rather runny. Still, for the amazing price it's definitely something worth trying, it seems to be working well for some!
P.S. Before I found The Ordinary range, I considered trying Paula's Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster which seems to be the same stuff but at (literally) 10 times the price! Thanks Deciem for looking after those who have smaller budgets :)