Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.7

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Well. That did nothing. I started getting a bit of acne and overall redness on my skin, and was recommended this product by a friend. Nothing happened after about a month of use. Stopped using it and my skin felt more moisturised, I guess that really says it all.

Ingredients to this product are fantastic & has good value however performance is POOR!

I saw no difference to my skin after finishing this product. Texture stayed the same. It didn't brighten any pigmentation or help get rid of blemishes...Nothing.

Actually my face struggled to absorb this serum...and I don't have dry or flaky skin! And because it never fully absorbed there would always be pilling...so I would have to apply this at night.

Overall In my experience this is one of the worst products from the Ordinary...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was extremely excited to try this product. I had read rave review about it, heard numerous praises, not to mention that it was recommended for acne prone skin like mine. People on youtube were calling it a holy grail product. So I had really high hopes.
I had read that it's not uncommon for your skin to go through a "purging" phase, so I wasn't too upset when I saw that I had gotten a few blemishes. But the problem is that the "purge" never actually stopped... for over 2 months, while I tried the product. So it wasn't an actual purge. I gave it a shot for over 2 months, and every single time I used the product, I got acne. I stopped using it and my skin cleared. Then, after using it again, it went crazy with acne all over again. And they were nasty, under the skin, painful ones, too.
I didn't see any improvement in my skin - no difference in pores, no brightening, no redness reduction, nothing. So it did absolutely nothing for my skin, apart from breaking me out like crazy. I tried using it in different ways - on its own, mixed in with other products, on dry skin, on wet skin, at the beginning of my skincare routine, near the end of my skincare routine... Nothing made it work better.
Sad to say that it was a complete fail for me.

I have used up an entire bottle of this in hopes I would see results. Unfortunately, I have not. It doesn’t harm my skin from what I can tell but it also doesn’t benefit me in any way.

on 6/24/2018 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have tried many products from the Ordinary (and continue using quite a few of them), but if I had to choose only one to continue using for the rest of my life, that would definitely be their Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. I am on my third bottle now and today I bought another two as a backup.
I had very oily skin when I started using Niacinamide regularly. Right now I describe my skin as combination, but it's actually quite normal on some days. My T-zone is never VERY oily anymore. And I do believe that this serum from the Ordinary helped a lot with my skin's sebum production. As a result, my pores around the nose and chin look visibly smaller.
I usually use this product once a day, in the morning, as the first thing that goes on my skin after washing it. Other serums, SPF, and moisturizer go on top of it. Niacinamide does not effect the application of other products or my makeup at all. It is, however, important to remember to not use it together with Vitamin C products.
On the days when my skin tends to be more problematic, breaks out or suddenly produces more oil (usually around my period), I use this product twice a day. My breakout is ALWAYS visibly diminished in the morning if I used Niacinamide the evening before. I would really like to continue using it twice a day every day, but I'm a little worried that my skin might get used to it too much and the product will become less effective. So far my skin has been loving it! I highly recommend trying it for anyone who has oily skin, enlarged pores, and/or suffers from hormonal breakouts.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this daily for about a month and it has been amazing for my super oily skin. I am so, so happy I found it! I squirt about half a pipette into my usual blob of EltaMD UV Clear sunscreen in the morning, apply (making sure I cover my t-zone well), wait for it to dry, and then put on makeup (liquid foundation with a beauty sponge). I have never had an issue with it pilling or balling up. My makeup lasts so long because I BARELY get oily!! I previously had to blot basically all day long and now I blot once, MAYBE twice the whole day. I'm so excited about this product. I think it may be lightening my acne scars and brightening a bit as well, but the most noticeable result has definitely been for my oily skin. Also, I am very acne prone and it has not broken me out. So happy this works so well!

I'm on my second bottle so I think I can review the Niacinamide and give a true response. I use it on the nights that I don't use my retin-a, so that is every other night. I have noticed that my pores are smaller, my hooded eyelids aren't drooping as much and my skin seems a bit tighter. I follow it with The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%*B5. I've been using Retin-a for a long time so I can't say that this is all from the Niacinamide but for the price I'll keep using it.

on 6/4/2018 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I've bought 2 bottles of it and I've just finished the first one (2.5 months, used 1/day). Initially I thought it was working very well as I got fewer breakouts but I'm no longer sure, perhaps my skin got used to it or something else is messing me up. But I will keep on using it and may change my review once I'm done with the 2nd bottle. I've tried using it 2/day but I found that it wasn't working well under sunscreen and make-up. The packaging is a simple dropper - I think a pump would be more suitable as it's rather runny. Still, for the amazing price it's definitely something worth trying, it seems to be working well for some!
P.S. Before I found The Ordinary range, I considered trying Paula's Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster which seems to be the same stuff but at (literally) 10 times the price! Thanks Deciem for looking after those who have smaller budgets :)

on 5/29/2018 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Can be drying if you go overboard, but definitely clears up congested, clogged skin after a couple days of use. I use it once per day when I feel my skin needs to be purified. I will cleanse, use my chemical exfoliant (wait 15 min), then hyaluronic acid, then this (wait for it to sink in) and then moisturizer or an oil.

on 5/23/2018 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have super oily face all over the face, especially on my nose and jaw. I also have acne-prone skin, I always have pimple on my jawline and lately, on hairline. I came across The Ordinary for the first time when I was browsing skincare online shop in my country. At that time I actually wanted to buy La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (+) SPF, but because of the budget and curiosity, I bought this Niacinamide 10%+Zinc 1% first. I heard many amazing reviews how this product, especially when combined with either Salicylic Acid 2% nor Alpha Arbutin +HA, did wonder to acne and oily skin.
The Ordinary and its parent company, Deciem, are rather unheard brands here.
At first I was lost because unlike regular brands, The Ordinary doesn't really mention its product function on its name. They just stated the active ingredients and I have to dive each product page to get the information. According to some reviews, it's actually one of their characteristics and fortes, they doesn't sell many promises but just state how those ingredients are supposed to help my skin. Lately I tried some of Korean skincare but I just don't get the hype, especially the promise of "one product for all your skin problem" so this The Ordinary trait hooked me up.
Back to Niacinamide, I use it twice, on night I apply it after cleansing my face and before The Body Shop Tea Tree Night Mask. I've used it this way for about three weeks and I don't have any problem yet. I also apply it on morning before moisturizer because I hope it would help reducing oil. Well, honestly it really does a great job at reducing oil because about six hours later, if I touched my face (unintentionally), it doesn't feel slick and disgustingly oily. Just slightly oily. Well, my nose is still oily but I'm pretty satisfied. The problem is, this product cause balling. I didn't notice it when I applied moisturizer (I used Revlon Soothing Lotion + a drop of The Body Shop Tea Tree oil to help my acne before, now I use La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo), but when I applied primer (I used Revlon Perfecting Primer 001), there are some balling. It made my foundation streaky! Fortunately, after I change into dabbing instead of rubbing, the balling has lessened. Well, now I use Effaclar Duo as daily moisturizer, it seems a bit too drying when I combined it with Niacinamide so I might use it on night time only.
I haven't notice any change on my skin, but I never use any serum before and my acne scars are kind of old scars so I think they really need time to heal. But I'm glad it doesn't irritate my skin, or causing breakouts. Some people argued that this Niacinamide helps with preventing or treating acne, but since the official website itself doesn't recommend it for acne treatment, I don't complain. Although I must admit, it looks like I have less pimple now.
I will definitely repurchase and in fact, I have recommended it to my friend already!