Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

2.5

on 1/8/2018 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This stuff is the devil! Clearly my skin reacts poorly to Niacinamide because this product felt like it ruined my skin for an annoying length of time. After one use, my skin became rough in texture in a rash like fashion. And while I can normally fix my skin on my own, I had to seek out professional care to try and fix the mess this caused. It took about a month of TLC and being extra gentle before I was back to normal but I'm steering clear of niacinamide from now on. I should add I had a sneaking suspicion I had issues with this ingredient after using a product that contained it some years ago and experiencing some irritation but nothing like this time. Great price and reputation of the brand. This was just not for me.

I'm onto my second bottle of this serum now. I love it, it heals my acne and makes it look less severe, even the angry, painful cystic zits spend less time on my face, adds a bit of extra hydration to my face and it's fragrance free!

My only issue with it is that I wish it had a pump style bottle, while the dropper is nice, sometimes I get too much product or I fear spilling it on my bathroom counter.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

WOW!!! I was so skeptical of this serum. For something for under $10 with all these claims.....I was on the fence about this one. I use it only during the day along with a moisturizing SPF. This definitely keeps my skin looking balanced and my pores don't stick out like sore thumbs. As far as the skin glow.....it definitely makes my skin glow. A nice lovely glow. As far as making it look less congested. That has yet to be seen as I have yet used it long enough but I definitely plan on repurchasing this serum again and again. Can't beat the price point.

I like this product. It did not cause me any break out. It helps with oil control, the product is really spreadable. But the con for me is that it dries to a more sticky silicony finish even tho theres no silicone in it.. hmm...

I did not like this at all. During the first two days of use my skin was glowing, clear and looked more even then it had before. I thought I had hit the jackpot with this. But then by the end of the week my face was a clogged mess. I broke out over my entire face in under the skin bumps. They were large and they were noticeable. It was the only new product I had started so I knew it had to be this as sad as it was. Its cheap so its worth a shot if it will work for you, but I wouldn't use it if you are acne prone. I even tried to use it on my arms as a moisturizer because I hate wasting products and it gave me a rash. Shame it didn't work

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My sister and I decided to try this because of the price point and hype surrounding the brand. I have used previous products from Deciem in general and haven't been too amazed but thought it was worth trying for the price.

We've solely used this product for about two-three weeks, twice a day, and haven't been too pleased. At first, it made both of our skin tones appear more even and clear. However, we started to notice a large amount of breakouts (growing continually) which can only be attributed to this product. It's a bit strange as this product is specifically marketed towards 'blemished skin' but creates pimples, as others have also mentioned.

I wouldn't recommend this if you are acne prone. Both my sister and I, had relatively clear skin prior to using this and are now left with breakouts.

on 4/4/2017 4:38:00 PM

It didn't break me out as with other people, but it increased my redness and didn't really do anything positive.

I have the new formulation of this with the carageenan and hydrogenated castor oil removed. This is a thin serum that absorbs quickly. It was very drying on my combo-dry skin and i felt like i had pilling issues with it, my moisturizer would not apply well on top. It also broke me out

The Ordinary is a cheap line from Deciem whose main focus is ingredients but i realized after trying a bunch of products from The Ordinary that i do indeed need and want a more elegant formula and texture. Ingredients are great but useless if the formulation is unpleasant or does not ultimately work, and i would pay more for better products.

Ingredients